Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

On 3/6/2023 at 10:43 AM, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Carr close to signing with the Saints tells me the first domino has fallen, but has yet to be announced.  

The Jets know this and so does Carr.

So when will Rodgers to the Jets be announced?  My guess is today or tomorrow.  It really makes no sense waiting further ..

What will be the cost?  2nd round 2023 and a 2024 conditional pick (3rd to as high as 1st).

Rodgers will agree to shave $10M off his contract and the Packers will agree to eat $20M for a better trade.

Why will this happen?  Because Rodgers has worn out his welcome with the Pack + he will not just leave close to $60M on the table + the Jets are pursuing him most aggressively + he's a good match with Hackett + he saw first hand that the Jets have a top tier defense + his ego sees finishing his career with a parade down Broadway

What will I do if it doesn't happen?  Sky dive with a faulty parachute onto Joe Douglas' front lawn

Rodgers is not coming to the Jets. It would take a level of commitment that he has rarely shown. He would have to be there from day one, talking to and getting to know the young guys and being a mentor of sorts, which has has said in the past, "It's not my job." Plus, the Jets are a desperate team that cannot draft a quality QB and would expect the sun and moon from Rodgers. Add to that the NY media and this is not a comfortable situation for a guy pushing 40 and sees himself as a demigod. He is NOT coming to the Jets.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

My respect level for JD would go up 1000x if, out of the blue at 12:01, is announced we're signing Jimmy G. Send that cheese eating,  self absorbed narcissist prick crawling back to GB.

That said, I'd love him if he comes here ?

He is not coming to NY. I think the Raiders have been lying in wait in the bushes and that is where I think he ends up. Vegas is Rodgers kind of town and the expectations would not be as great as they will be with a QB desperate Jets team. I agree that he is a self absorbed narcissist prick that I would love if he did come here. Only 30 minutes left to make that decision however. At 12:01 I want JD to announce that they are signing Jimmy G.

• Haha 1

So…the Jets are supposed to give up a high draft pick (which is even a second round draft pick) next month for a player who we really don’t know will show up until basically September?  that is nuts.  

Its simple to me.  We take him and his contract now.  Let’s see how he does.  We give you a pick in 2024 based on that.  Repeat.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

This is almost impossible to believe though.  He doesn't live in a hut at the top of a mountain (although he might after he retires! lol!!) He has an entire team of people around him that can potentially spill the beans.  In any case, I think that the compensation / draft picks is the holdup, not Rodgers need to stick it to the NFL insiders, his need to be mysterious, or his indecisiveness. 

Is it though?  Rodgers hates how the media operates, consistently says everyone is full of sh*t and doesnt know anything about what he will do, he works hard to control his narrative and the information that he shares and he's just an odd bird who lets be real, loves the attention.  It wouldnt shock me if that right now, at this moment, he still hasnt decided if he wants to play Football.  In fact, I think that is exactly what is happening.  Woody Johnson is getting penis pulled by a guy who's deciding between not playing, and playing for his godforsaken team. 

It wouldnt shock me if Rodgers will still be undecided by this supposed deadline that was set and because he's undecided he retires so he can continue thinking about if he wants to come back.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This entire process has been annoying but really… in a world where we can find out when somebody is in the bathroom due to leaks, the level of locked tight that the Packers, Jets, and Rodgers are is very impressive

Not if the person seemingly in charge of the decision is a narcissistic looney tunes mega flake that doesnt even know himself what to do until he does more psychodelics.

• More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Is it though?  Rodgers hates how the media operates, consistently says everyone is full of sh*t and doesnt know anything about what he will do, he works hard to control his narrative and the information that he shares and he's just an odd bird who lets be real, loves the attention.  It wouldnt shock me if that right now, at this moment, he still hasnt decided if he wants to play Football.  In fact, I think that is exactly what is happening.  Woody Johnson is getting penis pulled by a guy who's deciding between not playing, and playing for his godforsaken team. 

It wouldnt shock me if Rodgers will still be undecided by this supposed deadline that was set and because he's undecided he retires so he can continue thinking about if he wants to come back.

JD better have an offer ready for Lamar. 

if no Rodgers or Lamar.. just re-sign White to a nice back-up deal, go get a Jameis/Baker and hope for the best this year because thats all you can do. don't go pay Jimmy G or trade for Tannechoke just to get to a Wild Card, hopefully. 

• Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1