Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it really takes a giant mental leap to say he's not good enough for Green Bay anymore but he's going to win the SB in New York. 

there are no easy answers here

JD needs to find another QB and fast 

I mgiht be the only one but I hope a tweet go's out saying Joe Douglas has officially called Lamar Jackson's mom! HAHA

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Personal opinion at this point:

If Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh values their jobs?  Move on.  Without Rodgers they’re probably getting fired.  With Zach Wilson as their starter, they’re definitely getting fired.  You can’t let every free agent QB go somewhere else.  As vocal as I’ve been regarding mediocre stop gaps, you have to do something, anything, to prevent that from happening.

Happy Amazon GIF by NFL On Prime Video

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it really takes a giant mental leap to say he's not good enough for Green Bay anymore but he's going to win the SB in New York. 

there are no easy answers here

JD needs to find another QB and fast 

The easy answer is to not pursue the 40 year old sociopath on the verge of retirement.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetPotato said:

You'd know about it, like when the Packers allowed the Jets to speak to him.

do they have to announce this to the public?

maybe the other team didn't make a big show of flying out to see AR.  

it's clear he doesn't want to play for the Jets.  He might if it's his only option.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh value their jobs?  Move on.  Without Rodgers they’re probably getting fired.  With Zach Wilson as their starter, they’re definitely getting fired.  You can’t let every free agent QB go somewhere else.  As vocal as I’ve been regarding mediocre stop gaps, you have to do something, anything, to prevent that from happening.

what if the boss says he trying for AR?   many here assume that Woody meddles in these types of decisions.  

look at least year's schedule.  with mid-level QB play i think we have over 10 wins easy.  so i'd change your probably to 50/50.  with zach might as well just fire them today.

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

do they have to announce this to the public?

maybe the other team didn't make a big show of flying out to see AR.  

it's clear he doesn't want to play for the Jets.  He might if it's his only option.

It's most certainly not clear.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

Really doesn't matter if GreenBay doesn't want to pay him he still gets 58 million in Guaranteed money if he refuses to be traded and won't play for another team Greenbay would have to cut him after June 1 to spread out the 58 million cap hit then he be a FA free to sign anywhere. I think he is considering that he doesn't have to play for the Jets he could just wait it out. 

why would GB cut him and eat 60 million and let him burn them on another roster as opposed to outright benching him ?

the only other team is the Raiders, and they are trash

• Upvote 1

Since I have no insider information like most of us, I’m not sure what the hold up is all about. I tell you one thing though If it’s Rodgers still mulling around making a decision, I would make it for him. Jets brass should do all the diehard fans a solid and say they are no longer interested in pursuit of Aaron Rodgers. Time to pivot for Lamar JD!

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I mgiht be the only one but I hope a tweet go's out saying Joe Douglas has officially called Lamar Jackson's mom! HAHA

No one can officially talk to his mom until Wednesday. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh value their jobs?  Move on.  Without Rodgers they’re probably getting fired.  With Zach Wilson as their starter, they’re definitely getting fired.  You can’t let every free agent QB go somewhere else.  As vocal as I’ve been regarding mediocre stop gaps, you have to do something, anything, to prevent that from happening.

But what if this entire Rodgers adventure is being pushed by Woody.  Is it really still on JD?

2 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Since I have no insider information like most of us, I’m not sure what the hold up is all about. I tell you one thing though If it’s Rodgers still mulling around making a decision, I would make it for him. Jets brass should do all the diehard fans a solid and say they are no longer interested in pursuit of Aaron Rodgers. Time to pivot for Lamar JD!

Yup.  If the hold up is Arod, phukk him.

Move on.