Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

24 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

This is funny. This is all Woody. Can’t fire JD for something that Woody demanded. But makes for a new thread, so be it. 

I think Douglas and Woody are on the same page. They don't wanna give up on Zach. I'd imagine Saleh wanted Carr because he was safe and motivated.

In the end, if we get 80% of what Rodgers was, he should blow away every record we have ever seen. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Never said he didn't ... I just get a chuckle out of the guys that never gave the kid a chance repeatedly slamming him any chance they get like it's some sort of weird fraternal dick slinging ritual

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

If we can’t have a franchise QB, being right has to be our consolation prize. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I basically had to take a year away from the board the abuse was never ending 

Other posters (who are conviniently gone now) said that I hated Mormon people. 

You can call it whatever you want but I know what happened. Don't gaslight me 

There was a group here who was toxic towards anyone who didn’t believe in the kid.  You weren’t the only one taking abuse.  Not gaslighting, just suggesting you weren’t like this:

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

• Upvote 2

I’m guessing Rodgers will say what his plan is on the pat macafe show. We shall find out soon enough. I just want to know what’s going on. 

No FAs have been signed yet as far as I can tell, but maybe some are waiting on the Rodgers announcements 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think Douglas and Woody are on the same page. They don't wanna give up on Zach. I'd imagine Saleh wanted Carr because he was safe and motivated.

In the end, if we get 80% of what Rodgers was, he should blow away every record we have ever seen. 

the key question is motivation, and it looks like we are dragging him out of his house kicking and screaming. 

you would think he would care enough to announce already so his new team can get to signing some FAs. at this pace by Wednesday there will be just scraps left.

you know maybe, just maybe there would be alot of good players who would want a shot at a ring with a top 5 HOF QB. might even come here for a discount to do that. but no, Rodgers will announce whenever he is ready. 

dont look motivated to me.

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Who are they going to fire, Woody?

no but maybe Goodall can get him to sell the team for incompetence. 

didnt a commissioner do that in some sport. get the Owner to sell cause he was running the team into the ground.?

53 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

If you notice on ESPN and other sites. Every free agent signing and trade refer to a “source”. Nothing definite because today wasn’t the first day of free agency. It was the first day of legal tampering. NOTHING is official until Wednesday. With Rodgers admitted hatred of the media, specifically the two guys that release everything, and the Jets wanting to respect him with this, they aren’t going to leak anything. The Packers leak, Trey Wingo, did his part. None of the Jets guys know anything. Wednesday is the official first day it can be announced and having Aaron Rodgers officially announce it his way, is likely why we won’t hear until then.  

Exactly 1 minute after Rodgers, officially annoucnes it all of the insiders will announce it and they all have a far wider audience.  95% of the people that learn about it 'officially; it will be from the insiders and media.

Rodgers is a self absorbed dude but him being the big official announcer is silly.  No one really cares who announces it.

It's just an irritant that is taking up the beginning of the FA period.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Exactly 1 minute after Rodgers, officially annoucnes it all of the insiders will announce it and they all have a far wider audience.  95% of the people that learn about it 'officially; it will be from the insiders and media.

Rodgers is a self absorbed dude but him being the big official announcer is silly.  No one really cares who announces it.

It's just an irritant that is taking up the beginning of the FA period.

Gotcha 

I appreciate Mogglez too. I've been around this message board long enough to know who's reputable around here. I appreciate those who are kind enough to share tidbits of information with us about our favorite team. It's what makes JetNation great. To the best of my knowledge and judgement both Mogglez and footballguy are legit. For some reason you got a problem with footballguy. I got a tell ya, Green Ghost, you've been such a bitch around here since the Super Bowl after you wrongfully chastised JiF for calling out SamSamHe'sOurMan for his thugfest comments regarding the Super Bowl halftime shows. Now you're going after me because I appreciated footballguy for sharing info with us - I guess it's your way to make up with JiF and Jetsfan80. On more than one occasion you've been trying to emasculate me by saying things like I'm trying to marry footballguy or I'm his cuck. Truth is you're acting like JiF and Jetsfan80's "cuck". As you would say, "Am I right?"
Wow

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Reclaim some self-respect, JD

Move on

Sign Lamar Wednesday 

Draft a QB

Anything

This is excruciating

Apparently Woody and the Jets brass whiffed on their sales pitch and AR is milking every second of this for his own personal enjoyment  

Except it's more likely than not that the trade is done, and Joe D. isn't going to undo the trade and make an even worse move just because we're getting agitated.

41 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Except it's more likely than not that the trade is done, and Joe D. isn't going to undo the trade and make an even worse move just because we're getting agitated.

I’ll believe it when I see it

Rodgers’ voice is the only one that matters and other than agreeing to meet with them for lunch, he’s given no indication he has any interest in becoming a NYJ

The Jets can redeem themselves if they actually get him

But they’re almost out of options if they don’t 

Would be Lamar or bust

Or a Jacoby brissett Baker Mayfield road to nowhere 

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I appreciate Mogglez too. I've been around this message board long enough to know who's reputable around here. I appreciate those who are kind enough to share tidbits of information with us about our favorite team. It's what makes JetNation great. To the best of my knowledge and judgement both Mogglez and footballguy are legit. For some reason you got a problem with footballguy. I got a tell ya, Green Ghost, you've been such a bitch around here since the Super Bowl after you wrongfully chastised JiF for calling out SamSamHe'sOurMan for his thugfest comments regarding the Super Bowl halftime shows. Now you're going after me because I appreciated footballguy for sharing info with us - I guess it's your way to make up with JiF and Jetsfan80. On more than one occasion you've been trying to emasculate me by saying things like I'm trying to marry footballguy or I'm his cuck. Truth is you're acting like JiF and Jetsfan80's "cuck". As you would say, "Am I right?"

ezgif.com-gif-maker-43.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ip

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

All that matters is I’m @jgb’s cuck.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

All the eggs are now in the Rodgers basket. Does JD survive a Rogers retirement? 

Sometimes the best move is the one you don’t make .   Jets would have given up a lot of draft capital to acquire Rodgers .  Is  A Rodgers motivated to play  , and do the  necessary things ( come in early and work with Jet young skill players) to get best results.  .   The Packers don’t think so , and why they’re  finally ready to move on without him.( despite his talent) .  
Yes A Rodgers knows the offense but the Jet young skill players don’t.   It takes time for everyone to get on the same page.  Probably year two is where you would see the results . ( is A Rodgers going to play after this year - that uncertainty year to year is why D Adams wanted out).      

Jets should get  veteran stop gap to come in and hope z Wilson with time can  eventually develop into the Qb they envisioned him to be .      Keep building the roster up, and  who knows can find your Qb outside the first round.  Built it right, and not look for the short cut.  

Last point let’s say there another Covid( biting my tongue)  , and remember K Irving situation where he’s refuses to get vaccinated.  You invest all that money and resources only not to have that player available game to game.     

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Could be the plan is:

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Lamar Jackson

Lamar Jackson makes no sense the cost both in draft capital, and money to sign going to prevent the Jets from having the resources necessary to compete for a championship.   You want to find a young Qb ( a lot cheaper) that gives you time to compete before you have to pay him.    Once you sign that big priced Qb it impedes who you can keep year to year.   Only way it works if you keep drafting well .

5 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

All the eggs are now in the Rodgers basket. Does JD survive a Rogers retirement? 

Um he drafted the o and d rookie of the year and that was with breece hall getting hurt. Made the jets a contender and turned the whole thing around, Yeah I'm pretty sure he is going to be ok

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

star wars fighting GIF by Internet Cat Video FestivalCAT FIGHT!!!!

cat fight GIF

• Haha 3