Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because the Jets currently look like a rudderless ship that’s pissing in the wind. Where is Douglas? Or is Rodgers just controlling everything from Cali without making a commitment? Whole thing makes the Jets look incredibly weak. Deal has been “done” for weeks now and he’s passing unverified info to Russinni for sh*ts and giggles. 

so because of some speculation of reporters bringing up things out of there ass JD should do something? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because the Jets currently look like a rudderless ship that’s pissing in the wind. Where is Douglas? Or is Rodgers just controlling everything from Cali without making a commitment? Whole thing makes the Jets look incredibly weak. Deal has been “done” for weeks now and he’s passing unverified info to Russinni for sh*ts and giggles. 

From rodgers I’d expect this.  The jets aren’t usually this tough to read.  What’s worse, the jets the way they usually operate or now, with the delusion that they think they know something?

5 minutes ago, islesmb said:

Two things: 

1. Hackett, Downing, and Carter all love TEs, are experienced coaching TEs, and prefer to rotate 4 TEs. Definitely could see them signing Lewis to be a sub-package primary blocking TE without moving on from Ruckert. I can also see a scenario where Ruckert were included in a trade for Rodgers, which inevitably would lead to Lewis being his replacement. 
  2. The Odell Beckham/Adam Thielen smoke is not going away, which means we should begin looking out for an Elijah Moore trade
  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, football guy said:

Two things: 

1. Hackett, Downing, and Carter all love TEs, are experienced coaching TEs, and prefer to rotate 4 TEs. Definitely could see them signing Lewis to be a sub-package primary blocking TE without moving on from Ruckert. I can also see a scenario where Ruckert were included in a trade for Rodgers, which inevitably would lead to Lewis being his replacement. 
  2. The Odell Beckham/Adam Thielen smoke is not going away, which means we should begin looking out for an Elijah Moore trade

Sounds like the jet offense is going to get older very fast 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

so because of some speculation of reporters bringing up things out of there ass JD should do something? 

Rodgers is playing the Jets and their front office. If anyone looks silly it’s the gullible Jets at this point.

• Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Two things: 

Ruckert ?

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Why do they look like a rudderless ship?  Because Adam Schefter hasn't said Rodgers is coming to the Jets?

Rodgers is coming to the Jets - that's clear.  Just because Schefty hasn't said it doesn't really change anything.

Now the Jets are building a team around Rodgers with some players he's comfortable with.  Moreover, just because he has a list and the jets are speaking to them doesn't mean a whole lot of anything.  

Let's see how this plays out.  Give Douglas some credit here and not worry what it "looks like"

Free agency hasn't even officially started yet.

Rodgers coming to the Jets isn’t clear at all. He could just as easily be playing Woody as he is Schefter. Rodgers feeding his wishlist to Russinni could be him making the Jets look silly just as much as it’s him being serious.

• Thumb Down 1

Nothing wrong with asking Rodgers if there are some people that he may be interested in playing with that they can explore.  If if it fits the needs of the team then you do what you can.  

Now with everything being so tight lipped, how would this get out?  Could be more fake news.

• Upvote 4

So it's not just one guy...it's "I want all the guys I failed to win a championship with before" line in the sand?  

This is the first moment where I'm having serious doubts.  Would love to know if this was all known beforehand or if he's moving the cheese.

[edit: hoping this is nothing but nonsense but seeing Russini tweet it and put her reputation at risk makes it at least slightly concerning.]

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Two things: 

Hackett's system is Rodgers chucking the rock to his bff's.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

Nothing wrong with asking Rodgers if there are some people that he may be interested in playing with that they can explore.  If if it fits the needs of the team then you do what you can.  

Now with everything being so tight lipped, how would this get out?  Could be more fake news.

It is.

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You mean she listed all of the names the Jets have been tied to already.

Would have been an interesting tweet if it happened before we knew they were going after these guys.

I think it's just more trolling from Rodgers. Giving the media he doesn't like all the obvious signals that it's a done deal a day later but Trey Wingo got the real scoop yesterday. It's a masterclass in trolling the media he was supposed to not be able to handle. Schefter is probably looking like a disheveled bum pacing around the ESPN studio today.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

“the Packers never gave Rodgers any help! Just wait until he gets here and gets to throw to our weapons!” [Jets painstakingly reconstruct 2022 Packers skill-position group]

This is starting to remind me of the Macaggnan years. Not with respect to the moves being the same, but more about the fact that the Hawt Take Boiz are lecturing us about how all this is good.

I'm totally good with Rodgers wanting his guys here.

Besides that I think a guy like Lazard is actually a great option as a #2 guy and Cobb is a good 4th or 5th option... Lewis is a great blocker to use as an HBack/Blocking TE and such. Let Uzo and Conklin run more routes. Uzo had to stay in and block too much last year with his receiving skills.

OBJ is the odd one for me. He'd be Moore. Just let Moore be that. But if we can fetch a good pick for Moore and get an incentive type deal to OBJ... I'm open to that.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

Two things: 

Any chance they trade Mims and keep Moore?