Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

image.thumb.png.3c70d2fef45aa96ee152f695fd66e359.png

Schultz 

image.thumb.png.1aa002f9d88be773b330c81c09799e67.png

Conklin

Schultz will demand a much larger contract. The Uzomah deal was a really bad contract for a cheerleader!

image.png

image.png

This FA draft class is good.

I don’t know the contracts, but I’d look to dump Uzomah and/or Conklin, sign Marcedes (stud inline blocker), go into the season with Ruckert and another rookie. You simply can’t tie up salary cap with 3 FA veteran TEs. It’s stupid business.

• Upvote 3

I’m sure this has been addressed in this massive thread, but my question is regarding the “can’t restructure a deal until it’s 1 year old” tidbits that dropped yesterday.  My question is this a standard rule for all nfl contracts, or just a stipulation in ARs extension from last year?

And if it is a standard rule for all deals, why was it never brought up by the all knowing media until yesterday ?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

image.thumb.png.3c70d2fef45aa96ee152f695fd66e359.png

Schultz 

image.thumb.png.1aa002f9d88be773b330c81c09799e67.png

Conklin

Schultz will demand a much larger contract. The Uzomah deal was a really bad contract for a cheerleader

image.png

image.png

Schultz isn’t special athletically and wasn’t worth the franchise tag, but he’s at least sure handed and has a knack for getting open.

Good in the RZ.

I don’t trust Conklin on 3rd down or at all really.  He’s a garbage time compiler.

Every time I see Schultz catching a pass, it seems to be in a critical situation.

He was Dak’s go-to guy on 3rd down and In the RZ.   Even Belichick acknowledged this when gameplanning for Dallas.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I’m sure this has been addressed in this massive thread, but my question is regarding the “can’t restructure a deal until it’s 1 year old” tidbits that dropped yesterday.  My question is this a standard rule for all nfl contracts, or just a stipulation in ARs extension from last year?

And if it is a standard rule for all deals, why was it never brought up by the all knowing media until yesterday ?

Furthermore.... I think you can "give them a new deal" to get around this. And have it written up very similar. Just with the changes you want. Might be smart for the Jets to do this to maybe add a year to his deal. SO we can spread that dead cap we likely have down the road longer, so it doesn't hurt us as bad. 

5 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Yeah this isn’t true.  So many bad takes on Twitter get reposted here.

This is all well and good but it could be announced prior.

All the FA deals announced over the past two days can't be final and truly final until the official league year starts today.  

Whatever the reason - negotiations or Rodgers desire to manage the announcement is the hold up. Not this.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Rodgers is coming to the Jets.  It is done.

There is nothing that can stop this.  Not the curse, not a bolt of lightning.  Nothing.  

It's done, just not announced by Adam Schefter.  Those deal you mentioned were announced and not done.

Hello Fido!

E15DDDC6-7071-4FC4-BA67-54DF92D5B90A.webp

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

In this case it makes sense for him to stay. He knows the system and knows how he plays in it. He's getting close to the exact same team back this next year that just played in the NFCCG. So it makes sesne for him to stay.

Plus maybe he and his family love the area and aren’t into maximizing every penny.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Rodgers is coming to the Jets.  It is done.

There is nothing that can stop this.  Not the curse, not a bolt of lightning.  Nothing.  

It's done, just not announced by Adam Schefter.  Those deal you mentioned were announced and not done.

Wingo apparently has legit source(s) with GB and/or around the Rodgers circle 

and if you watch his video from yesterday, everything he breaks down makes sense 

Murphy slipped when he spoke of Rodgers in the past tense — “Aaron had a great career here”

28 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

It's in the CBA, it's a little fuzzy on if that is 100% the hold up but it seems that would make sense if the Jets want the Packers to rework the deal first.

Trader Joe, you dawg

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I just canceled by 1:00pm meeting tomorrow. 

Anyone up for a group Zoom give me a shout!

Can't question your Fanhood ?

I'll be in the middle of a  cross country move coercing my wife into listening to the Pat Mcafee show.?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, oatmeal said:

For anyone still doubting Wingo and Florio about the Rodgers being a jet, let a fat redneck break it down for you:

^ bumping this for those of you who missed it. I expect Rodgers will confirm Wingo's report today. 

Everyone decided it wasn't official because Schefter and Rapoport didn't know what was going on. Today Rodgers will put some ice on them being the only legitimate sources. All by design.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

^ bumping this for those of you who missed it. I expect Rodgers will confirm Wingo's report today. 

Everyone decided it wasn't official because Schefter and Rapoport didn't know what was going on. Today Rodgers will put some ice on them being the only legitimate sources. All by design.

these media pigs have been pulling the string’s for too long…now a new pupetmaster emerges…

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

When did “Boy Green” become some weird internet version of Fireman Ed

I never heard of this guy prior to ‘22 and now he’s everywhere 

He's the guy with the provocative titles from Heavy on Jets (I think that's what it's called). He's a nice guy, very excited and passionate fan. Had him on the draft stream last year with GreenBean and O'Leary.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Schultz isn’t special athletically and wasn’t worth the franchise tag, but he’s at least sure handed and has a knack for getting open.

Good in the RZ.

I don’t trust Conklin on 3rd down or at all really.  He’s a garbage time compiler.

Every time I see Schultz catching a pass, it seems to be in a critical situation.

He was Dak’s go-to guy on 3rd down and In the RZ.   Even Belichick acknowledged this when gameplanning for Dallas.

Our tight ends are JAGs. Need to draft another or sign someone.