Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Nah, the Packers aren't getting #43. They initiated going in another direction at quaterback, not Aaron Rodgers. They can have #74 and a conditional pick next year. 

Either way, the only way we end up possibly giving away a 1st round pick in all of this is if we win a Super Bowl within the next two years and that’s some sort of escalator tied to the conditional pick.

And in that case, fine by me.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I think he was lying about retiring.  It was better to paint the picture of him being a victim and GB looking bad.

Aaron Rodgers - says he's not a victim 20 times and he understands teams want to move on from aging players and loves GB

Low IQ morons - Aaron Rodgers is playing victim.

Just now, football guy said:

He's been involved in talks for all the FAs we're pursuing, at least on offense

I have no idea nor am I insinuating that it suggests a deal will happen- Aaron made it pretty clear that he isn't demanding who the Jets go after. But if you listened closely to the McAfee podcast, Pat suggested that Pacman Jones knew and he said yeah because he spoke to D-Hop 

Anything on where the contract negotiations are?

Where's the hold up?

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Pretty sure they have a long window too - before it really affects their ability to make moves.  Ultimately, I don't think anything is coming up soon that will force either teams hand.  Not even the draft really.

GB will have to consider keeping Rodgers. If he says he is either playing for the jets or Green Bay

Just now, football guy said:

He's been involved in talks for all the FAs we're pursuing, at least on offense

I have no idea nor am I insinuating that it suggests a deal will happen- Aaron made it pretty clear that he isn't demanding who the Jets go after. But if you listened closely to the McAfee podcast, Pat suggested that Pacman Jones knew and he said yeah because he spoke to D-Hop 

Thanks for the insight as always.  DHop is awesome, but would require trading assets, money and perhaps burying developing G. Wilson (and to an extent Moore).    I hope they focuss on spreading the rest of the resources .   

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Anything on where the contract negotiations are?

Where's the hold up?

I honestly have had very minimal contact with them throughout all of this. All I got was an unsolicited text on Monday. Trying not to prod much. It sounds like a lot of the holdup is money though 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Dinamite said:

Thanks for the insight as always.  DHop is awesome, but would require trading assets, money and perhaps burying developing G. Wilson (and to an extent Moore).    I hope they focuss on spreading the rest of the resources .   

Doubt it happens but love seeing that he's recruiting 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

A-Rod interviews slightly better than ZW

Intelligent, articulate. funny

I think he'll be able to handle Cimini and the douche-like questions just fine

He can pretty much handle any interview. He's  " been around " long enough. Now, on to free agency and the draft. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

I honestly have had very minimal contact with them throughout all of this. All I got was an unsolicited text on Monday. Trying not to prod much. It sounds like a lot of the holdup is money though 

Woody is worth 3.5 billion and 75 years old.  You can't take it all with you.  Figure it out!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Rodgers has a no trade clause. He need only tell the packers trade me to the Jets or I show up on the first mandatory report day in Green Bay. The Packers have no choice but to trade Rodgers. JD understands this. And it is in Rodgers interest for the trade comp to be low. The only way a high pick is included is if it is a conditional pick in 2024 based on the Jets winning the SB with ACR under center.

He does not have a no-trade clause in his contract. The only leverage he has in a trade to a place he doesn't want to go is to retire.

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I suppose they could play a game of chicken with us where both teams go into the offseason assuming he's being traded. arod could threaten to retire at any moment to screw them over though.

He could also threaten to play for them. If they are fully committed to starting Love in his 4th yr, rodgers would be quite the expensive backup. 

• Upvote 1