Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

And it’s time to give JD some credit. He was absolutely destroyed for hiring Hackett and Aaron Rodgers never considers coming here without him. If you noticed in the McAfee show, Aaron got pissed when Pat said what he said about Hackett and the Broncos. Aaron loves that guy. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, tdoublee said:

We're gonna have to draft a DT early

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Who’s there at #13? I’d love a stud DT there. Unfortunately, at this point, they’re probably looking at a couple warm body replacements in free agency, and maybe a guy for the “top 8” rotation. 

44 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

200.gif

Still wrong lol

I told you it was up to him. Because it was. They met with him last tuesday and said we need a 2 year Commitment. He said he decided FRIDAY... so that period of time passed with the ball in his court. 

Petty petty man. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

And it’s time to give JD some credit. He was absolutely destroyed for hiring Hackett and Aaron Rodgers never considers coming here without him. If you noticed in the McAfee show, Aaron got pissed when Pat said what he said about Hackett and the Broncos. Aaron loves that guy. 

Joe Douglas??? No, this was all Woody’s doing. Don’t you remember reading that a hundred times here?

A lot of people here owe our owner an internet apology. He’s the one who fixed our QB dilemma.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Still wrong lol

I told you it was up to him. Because it was. They met with him last tuesday and said we need a 2 year Commitment. He said he decided FRIDAY... so that period of time passed with the ball in his court. 

Petty petty man. 

So you’re saying that on Friday, Rodgers committed to two years with the Jets? 

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

This just might go on a while.

But now it's not holding the Jets back in FA.  They can go to the market and tell agents and players that Rodgers is coming, they can build their cap around him coming.  

Even off-season training doesn't starts any time soon.  This is going to be a waiting game, in fact I wouldn't expect this to get done for weeks.

But if you're the Jets - who cares.

Respectfully disagree.  It's in everyone's interests to get this done as soon as possible.

Maybe a week, but not weeks ...  or months or after June 1.  

Who blinks first?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, slats said:

So you’re saying that on Friday, Rodgers committed to two years with the Jets? 

I would assume in good faith he must have settled on the fact that he enter into this with a mental commitment, probably supported by some kind of contract restructuring? Which i don't think they can do till today, a year removed from his last restructure. 

So yea, it's up to GB to accept the condition of the trade, something they had to wait for Aaron last week to settle on. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Still wrong lol

Petty petty man. 

Dude are you alright? The Packers are digging in their heels regarding the compensation. That's what's holding things up. 

27 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look if the team doesn't win games with Rodgers there's going to be much finger pointing and chaos. 

Who cares?

This is a bold move that gives the Jets a legit 2 year window to make a Super Bowl run.

They should draft a mid round QB this year and use a premium pick next year to both sit behind and learn from a legend.  It's obvious we cannot put all our 2025 eggs in the Zach basket.  

They're currently negotiating down the $60M dead cap hit after Rodgers retires at the end of 2024 (most likely scenario) in order to avoid hurting their prospects for 1-2 years that follow, although that should be mitigated by continuing to draft & develop young guys who don't cost what veterans cost.

This isn't that hard as long as we don't get killed at the negotiating table. 

Fair offer:  2nd round pick in 2023, conditional in 2024 (ranging from a 2nd or 3rd to as high as a 1st based on making the Super Bowl & individual performance thresholds).  The Packers eat a portion of this year's $58M option; Rodgers agrees to a restructure.   

Connor Hughes insinuating the Packers changed the parameters of the agreed upon deal (or at least the remaining gap). 

This is probably something he may be getting from the jets to counter all the green bay leaks that they have until Sept 1 and no time pressure.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Can't wait for Arod to stuff this nerd in a locker

Talk about things sailing over his head.

The interview basically screamed "The Packers are holding things back, and they should do me right."  The Jets hold all the leverage here.

• Upvote 3