Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Only for stupid people like you. Editorials aren't disguised as facts. Get some more media literacy training.

That's why and how Fox News keeps lying to you (and that's on record as they're fighting lawsuits)

Willful. Ignorance. 

11 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

not that i think the league will push to get this deal done sooner rather than later, but do you really think the league would NOT want aaron rodgers playing in NY???  what would be their incentive to wanting to see a NY team not get one of the highest profile players in the sport?  some conspiracy against the jets or something???

No conspiracy,  we are the NFL’s whipping boy, what better headline than the Jets fail to secure AR. Just like everything they put about when there is Jets news there is always negative spin to everything positive. The  clip from the PM Show starts with saying how the Jets brass left their vehicles in front of AR house, then PM says early mistake by the Jets or something like that. 

Just now, THE BARON said:

been saying that all along.  anxious and abused jets fans blaming rogers for creating drama that the jets fans are actually creating.  it's projection.

rodgers wants out of gb and he has been helping the jets every step of the way.  everything rogers has said and done is to preserve and enhance the jets postion with gb.  he's been subtle put purposeful.  rodgers knows how to read a defense on in an instant.  this negotiation is child's play for him.   

jets fans start giving rodgers support he deserves.

never mind his complex personality.  he's business on the field and always shows up for work.

dude just suckers people into spinning their own web. 

He definitely is helping the Jets. I said before I've never seen a player kneecap his current team like that, basically telling them to trade him and to stop ******* around.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

He definitely is helping the Jets. I said before I've never seen a player kneecap his current team like that, basically telling them to trade him and to stop ******* around.

yep.  he sure as hell did.  he pointed out that the current management in GB aint the one he started under and liked/respected.  you could see it on his face and posture all season last year.  he wants out of there.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

No conspiracy,  we are the NFL’s whipping boy, what better headline than the Jets fail to secure AR. Just like everything they put about when there is Jets news there is always negative spin to everything positive. The  clip from the PM Show starts with saying how the Jets brass left their vehicles in front of AR house, then PM says early mistake by the Jets or something like that. 

headlines versus actual seats in the stadium and massive eyeballs for the games?

this is silly thinking about negative spin.

just my opinion.

sure, no conspiracy theories lol

you think the NFL would prefer LOL-Jets headlines over being able to promote aaron rodgers playing in the largest market in the country.  i'm sure the league's broadcast partner$$$ would rather more eyeball on games than LOL-Jets headlines...

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

headlines versus actual seats in the stadium and massive eyeballs for the games?

this is silly thinking about negative spin.

just my opinion.

I respect that opinion,  however GB can say screw you desperate buyer find someone else to play QB we are trading AR elsewhere. I can see the league wanting him to go to a functional organization especially if he is going to be clowning major media outlets (which I love) they don’t want that in the biggest media market in the country. Maybe me being a fan so long has caused some damage, which is quite possible.

I respect that opinion,  however GB can say screw you desperate buyer find someone else to play QB we are trading AR elsewhere. I can see the league wanting him to go to a functional organization especially if he is going to be clowning major media outlets (which I love) they don’t want that in the biggest media market in the country. Maybe me being a fan so long has caused some damage, which is quite possible.

But they can't. There's literally no other team that wants/ can afford him. Especially after other QB needy teams have signed FA guys. 

12 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

sure, no conspiracy theories lol

you think the NFL would prefer LOL-Jets headlines over being able to promote aaron rodgers playing in the largest market in the country.  i'm sure the league's broadcast partner$$$ would rather more eyeball on games than LOL-Jets headlines...

How is it a conspiracy when you look at the history of the Jets and their continued mockery by the entire NFL and media of the NYJ. Woody is the desperate buyer who walked in to a car dealership telling all the salesmen he is willingly and ready to pay whatever to secure the best vehicle for success. 

2 hours ago, derp said:

The desire to get things done in time to move to plan B or C presumes they felt there was a viable plan B or C that had a clock on it.

There’s a change in leverage if they aren’t willing to walk away, but again the Packers need this more than the Jets do.

Only thing that in my opinion would meaningfully change leverage is if another team gets involved and Rodgers gives them the thumbs up. As it sits now, the Packers need to trade him and they need to trade him to the Jets.

Both true, but the Jets also have to have Rodgers, they also have no plan B, there is no scenario where they cannot come away with Rodgers even though people have been floating around implausible life line scenarios for the jets.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

However GB can say screw you desperate buyer find someone else to play QB we are trading AR elsewhere. 

Except that can't happen because he would just retire.  He isn't going to play where he doesn't want to.  And if they try, he retires and SCREWS them royally with the cap this year.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

How is it a conspiracy when you look at the history of the Jets and their continued mockery by the entire NFL and media of the NYJ. Woody is the desperate buyer who walked in to a car dealership telling all the salesmen he is willingly and ready to pay whatever to secure the best vehicle for success. 

what the heck do you call it when you say you think the nfl would rather see the jets miss out on rodgers than see one of its biggest stars playing in the biggest market?

there is absolutely nothing for the nfl to gain in seeing rodgers not getting traded to the jets at this juncture, with rodgers publicly having said he wants to play for the jets and not a single other suitor out there.  there is a TON to gain for the nfl to have rodgers play for the jets.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

watching the media last night and today i had no idea Rodgers is so hated by them

they sh*t on everything he does and nothing will work for him and predict green bay will 8 first round picks for him 

its actually funny 

My wife and I were discussing the same thing.  Before all this AR walked on water basically.  Now all the sudden. He is the devil reincarnate and a horrible teammate.  Media is a joke and such herd mentality.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

watching the media last night and today i had no idea Rodgers is so hated by them

they sh*t on everything he does and nothing will work for him and predict green bay will 8 first round picks for him 

its actually funny 

Because the media general and national media are jokes, and not because they are crapping on him now but because they accepted teflon Aaron for 15 years and never held him to account for one thing.  Now he is the worst guy in the world, Rodgers has not changed one bit over the last 5 years or so.  The media were spineless and gutless not to take him to task years ago.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetblue95 said:

what the heck do you call it when you say you think the nfl would rather see the jets miss out on rodgers than see one of its biggest stars playing in the biggest market?

there is absolutely nothing for the nfl to gain in seeing rodgers not getting traded to the jets at this juncture, with rodgers publicly having said he wants to play for the jets and not a single other suitor out there.  there is a TON to gain for the nfl to have rodgers play for the jets.

So the NFL would step in and demand it gets done controlling what teams do with their money and players  without some sort of grievance being filed. I’m sure AR wouldn’t mind playing for the Tennessee Titans.

1 minute ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

So the NFL would step in and demand it gets done controlling what teams do with their money and players  without some sort of grievance being filed. I’m sure AR wouldn’t mind playing for the Tennessee Titans.

Why would he want to play for a team that is, very clearly, punting on the season?  Nevermind the fact that they have publicly committed to Tannehill.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

no, i specifically said i do not think the nfl will intervene in this case.

what i did call out is your idea that the nfl would rather see the jets miss out on rodgers for the entertainment value of LOL-Jets programming and headlines.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Both true, but the Jets also have to have Rodgers, they also have no plan B, there is no scenario where they cannot come away with Rodgers even though people have been floating around implausible life line scenarios for the jets.

I think that’s a valid opinion, but an opinion. The Jets can really only improve last year’s quarterback situation, there’s just a wide quality gap between the options and that wide gap makes it seem like they need rosters (in my opinion).

So they’re still in a position where they can weigh the acquiring cost versus the upside, whereas the Packers need to unload Rodgers.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, win4ever said:

First of all, I appreciate the inside information shared here.  It may not always turn out right, but I like having access to that information.  Sometimes even the right information turns out wrong, because things change last minute.  I work negotiating with people in real estate, and people change their minds over the stupidest of reasons.  

Saying that, my personal opinion is they are waiting until the 17th to make this deal, because it helps the cap numbers.  I think the Jets have pretty much all the leverage here because Rodgers publicly mentioned he wants to play for the Jets, and GB backed themselves into a corner with the contract.  The ideal time for them to trade was last year, when I'm sure the Broncos offered the same deal for Rodgers that they did for Wilson (or at least something similar). 

The interesting aspect of it is something that I think Rodgers mentioned very carefully and intently in the interview yesterday, the treatment of older players leaving.  You don't want to drag this out as long as possible, make Rodgers lash out more about how they are holding up this deal and treating him without respect.  You want to make the trade, do a "Thank you for everything" video/statement, and then move on.  If this falls apart now, it's the GB front office that look like clowns. 

The only pressure on the Jets is from fans that hate Woody Johnson or just the team in general.  I saw the argument that JD may not cave to fan pressure, but Woody will, as a indictment of Woody Johnson.  So if Woody Johnson is an idiot for caving to fan pressure, aren't the fans bigger idiots for creating the pressure in the first place?  Everyone seems to want a handoff owner,  but revels in creating pressure and being hands-on fans.  

Let them negotiate it out.  Right now the only leverage GB has, is from the media and impatient Jets fans.  

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

his darkness comment of 90% retired but now fully committed says - GB i am not retiring, you going to pay me to sit on the bench.

And I have no idea if that comment is complete BS. Maybe he was playing the entire time. But he made it clear that he has no problems making this current FO uncomfortable. The Jets are literally their only option right now. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Why would he want to play for a team that is, very clearly, punting on the season?  Nevermind the fact that they have publicly committed to Tannehill.

I'm thinking TN has it's sights set on one of the projected first round QB's, and if they land the one they want, maybe Tannehill is made available for a trade after that. 

• Upvote 1

There's no other team. Stop with the insanity. 

This trade is happening. Green Bay is making a mistake thinking they have leverage and some of their media yes-men are helping them reinforce it in their minds.

It's bad PR to the public and players who may contemplate playing for the Packers in the future to not let their greatest player ever go cleanly. They had a deal in place, then got (ignorantly) greedy. 

They have 1 trading partner, who, if the deal falls through, just becomes what they always have been again: a not very good team that still sells out every game and rakes in the $$$. Green Bay is hurt so much worse if Rodgers folds up shop, particularly in cap money. Good luck with your fanbase too, Green Bay, if you hold out until after the 2023 Draft. Someone needs to slap some sense into them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

25 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Except that can't happen because he would just retire.  He isn't going to play where he doesn't want to.  And if they try, he retires and SCREWS them royally with the cap this year.  

He's not going to retire. Screwing them royally would be to make them pay him $58 million by week 1 then retire next off season and leave $80 million in dead money. That scenario is why the Packers don't have leverage. If he retires now the Packers would have the same dead money as if they traded him. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, derp said:

I think that’s a valid opinion, but an opinion. The Jets can really only improve last year’s quarterback situation, there’s just a wide quality gap between the options and that wide gap makes it seem like they need rosters (in my opinion).

So they’re still in a position where they can weigh the acquiring cost versus the upside, whereas the Packers need to unload Rodgers.

The biggest issue is they have 100% promised/guaranteed to Rodgers they are trading for him.  No I have no inside info, but there is no way Rodgers goes onto the Macafee show and announces he is playing and playing for the Jets unless the Jets have made that promise/guarantee.  They back out now and and they look like far bigger clowns than if they just over pay for the QB they want.

To me this is just another lesson in don't have plan B, C and D if you never really intend on going to them and NEVER assume a deal is done and act as if it is until the deal is done.  The Jets are guilty in both counts.

• Thumb Down 2