Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

7 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

???

They made a conscious decision to go with Love. The Jets have made a conscious decision to not go with Zach Wilson.

We haven’t officially yet though.

GB fans think they have all the leverage bc we don’t have a fall back option. And that’s what their FO should be saying in negotiations.

My point is merely that they aren’t a franchise who there QB this next season is a proven good QB. He’s a huge question mark. As is Zach. So when they say No to our trade and say it’s bc we have no backup option. We can 100% say yes we do. It’s no different than your plan A in fact. Start a young unproven QB. That’s our backup option.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why are you worried about them promising something to Rodgers?  I am sure they told Rodgers what they would be willing to give up.  You think the Packers are going to pay all that money for Aaron to ride the pine?  Or refuse to trade him and let him play?  The Packers are the ones that have a legacy with Rodgers.  How much and for how long will Jets fans actually care what that hallucinogenic fruitcake has to say about them? 

avert your ears little ones but WTF is wrong with tripping...did all the time when I was younger turned out perfectly fine...i think

5 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

I'm beginning to think Gutekunst is making this personal. 

He is

Remember that McGinn report of the packers being “disgusted” with Rodgers. Well looking the the trade holdup and Mark Murphy’s public comments, we can all bet that the report was 100% true.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

avert your ears little ones but WTF is wrong with tripping...did all the time when I was younger turned out perfectly fine...i think

Every time the Grateful Dead rolled into town. I'd get a sheet of 100 hits for two hundred bucks and sell them for 3 bucks a hit. All summer long. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

I’m still pissing rainbows 50 years later.  Always fun leaving a sample during a physical.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, SickJetFan said:

more of a Maiden, Priest, Tesla, etc.. fan but I hear ya

Me too, but the dead heads were the source for Acid (or anything else). I was tight with a few Dead Heads that also liked Hot Tuna and the Ramones, who's concerts I attended.  I really didn't start listening to or appreciating the Dead's music until I was in my 30's. 

The ARISTA years are really good. Jerry Garcia was a damn good musician.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We haven’t officially yet though.

GB fans think they have all the leverage bc we don’t have a fall back option. And that’s what their FO should be saying in negotiations.

My point is merely that they aren’t a franchise who there QB this next season is a proven good QB. He’s a huge question mark. As is Zach. So when they say No to our trade and say it’s bc we have no backup option. We can 100% say yes we do. It’s no different than your plan A in fact. Start a young unproven QB. That’s our backup option.

Zach is a proven bust at this point. He’s no longer an unknown like Love. He sucks and everyone knows it.

Better leverage would be signing a guy like Mariotta or Wentz

27 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

That would be A LOT of $ spent in the QB room with Garoppolo already signed for big guaranteed money. 

I'm not sure they would have enough money to field a complete team with that approach.

I am hearing rumors Jimmy G failed his physical. They pushed his press conference back. There are small rumblings that they made the deal for Aaron Rodgers.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Ron Rico said:

Me too, but the dead heads were the source for Acid (or anything else). I was tight with a few Dead Heads that also liked Hot Tuna and the Ramones, who's concerts I attended.  I really didn't start listening to or appreciating the Dead's music until I was in my 30's. 

The ARISTA years are really good. Jerry Garcia was a damn good musician.

I loved Hot Tuna and never fully appreciated the dead until my early 60s.  

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Glad you corrected that.  I was going to say that it didn't help your math skills or profit margin any!

I was confusing "sheet". Sometimes it was 50, sometimes a sheet was 100 (windowpane). Basically if you bought in bulk, you got a hit for two dollars. Individually they went for 3, 4 or 5 bucks. I always sold for 3, that way I could get rid of them fast. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rodgers “intention” is to play w the jets.

My intention is to win the lottery.  My intention is to start eating healthy on Monday.

By saying “intention”, did Aaron Rodgers really say anything?

lol

stop it , you are embarrassing yourself 

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Stafford, who is openly available?  Did you willingly or knowingly skip that part?

Stafford I can agree is a more reliable plan B than overpaying for Tanny from a position of weakness. 

However clearly our scouts don't value them the same or we would have just gone after Stafford in the first place. 

Fact remains, green bay has an item we want, not vice versa.

9 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

I was confusing "sheet". Sometimes it was 50, sometimes a sheet was 100 (windowpane). Basically if you bought in bulk, you got a hit for two dollars. Individually they went for 3, 4 or 5 bucks. I always sold for 3, that way I could get rid of them fast. 

People will pay like $20 these days…

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

He’s been spot on on this. But if it was 99% done. It’d be done already today.

Wingo said prior to the Rodgers announcement that although its 99% done, it might not be completed until next week sometime.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ron Rico said:

Yeah? I know that's what they charge for ecstasy. I never tried it. I heard it was similar, though. 

Yeah, kind of crazy.  As to E, I found them very different.  Neither were anywhere near as crazy as Salvia or just drinking 2 bottles of Robotussin.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Arsis said:

I am hearing rumors Jimmy G failed his physical. They pushed his press conference back. There are small rumblings that they made the deal for Aaron Rodgers.

I hope that your rumblings are just...gas. You're a true Saleh guy -- All Gas and beyond.

If this turns out to be true...then this would be the Jettsiest Jet Failure of all time...by a wide margin.

• Upvote 1