3 minutes ago, David Harris said:

The potential trade is on the cover of NFL.com right now

Trey Wingo is alive and well!

What could possibly go wrong

Remember when they rolled out birthday cupcakes for Donta Hightower

Where are the crack stalkers on the ground at restaurants like we had with Carr

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Message board has broken emojis.  It’s a fingers crossed based on something I just got word about.  I will update if/when I can and I’m trying to have it all confirmed/corroborated.

thought your post the other day about compensation being lower than 1st was good news.

given the contract, a first this year would be tough.

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

Cimini must not have any sources left if he is just repeating what Graziano says.

I actually feel a little bad for him.

For whatever reason, our beat almost never breaks anything.

They get outsourced by national guys all the time. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Cimini must not have any sources left if he is just repeating what Graziano says.

I actually feel a little bad for him.

He created the for acronym though. You can't take that away from him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

For whatever reason, our beat almost never breaks anything.

They get outsourced by national guys all the time. 

They get scooped on signings because the national guys own all the good relationships with the agents. The agents are the ones who leak that info.

Beat guys have relationships with the teams they cover. Cimini should have independently verified Rodgers/Jets talks. His peers were able to do that. But not him.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Several people had requested that we merge all these threads so I just did that.

+1, if ever there was a topic for an ongoing MegaThread, it's this.  

20 separate threads, 19 with outdated thread names (did you know Carr was leaning to Jets?, lol), is just impossible to keep track of.  Even for me.

It's one topic, we're all waiting for news an updates on, MegaThread is the way to go.

At least till something happens, then the tidal wave of threads with every poster having a seperate thread for "their thoughts" on it will be, if it happens, quite epic.

• Upvote 1

I could be a Jets beat writer with what I'm hearing from all the voices in my head.  

Personally, I think the meeting is all about getting Rodgers to buy in and rework the contract.  I think Carr signed with the Saints because the Packers/Jets agreed on a deal, at which point they bowed out from the Carr sweepstakes, prompting him to take a reasonable deal from the Saints.  The Jets want Rodgers to possibly re-work the deal to fit into whatever plans they have, thus meeting with him, selling him on the culture and new slogans like All Ayahuasca No Breaks.   

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

36 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

What could possibly go wrong

Remember when they rolled out birthday cupcakes for Donta Hightower

Where are the crack stalkers on the ground at restaurants like we had with Carr

Haha yup, remember Muhammed Wilkerson's uneaten birthday cake?

If I saw that NFL.com screen for any other team I'd figure it was a done deal.  We literally can't do that given the franchise history. 

*I just remembered Antoine Winfield Sr.'s FA visit, was walking around Hofstra in a Jets Jersey high-fiving everyone and the Jets let him take a phone call from the Vikings who convinced him to Irish exit and take a plane to Minnesota where he signed and became a perennial Pro-Bowler.  Ahh, memories