Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

You’re close.

Have thought for a while that rodgers’ commitment to the jets for several years was the biggest question mark.  Also thinking the jets give up a 2nd this year and a conditional next year, then trade back from 13 to get more picks esp. b/c they don’t have a 6th or 7th.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Have thought for a while that rodgers’ commitment to the jets for several years was the biggest question mark.  Also thinking the jets give up a 2nd this year and a conditional next year, then trade back from 13 to get more picks esp. b/c they don’t have a 6th or 7th.

You’re closer, lol.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Sounds like Rodgers is hesitant and it's on the Jets to convince him. Not ideal.

His options appear to be the Packers (who want to move on and who he doesn't like at the moment), Jets, or retirement.  And I don't think he wants to retire.  That's a leverage play.  

The Jets don't have to do much convincing.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Sounds like Rodgers is hesitant and it's on the Jets to convince him. Not ideal.

Yeah I think this is par for the course for Rodgers. He’s a narcissist who always wants to be wooed, always wants the spotlight. 

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

GB picks 15th.  Swapping 1st rounders could be part of the compensation.  I'd hate to trade back from 13 until we see which of the big-3 OTs are still there, but getting Rodgers in the fold is the priority right now.  Can always find a solid OL later in the round.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You’re closer, lol.

I imagine some trade compensation is related to Rodgers financial compensation, and who pays what. But I like that you’re hinting that #13 isn’t involved. I honestly never thought it would be and would have many second thoughts if it was. Green Bay wants out out of that contract, and the only way out is to trade themselves out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Thinking zero since trades can't happen until 4pm on 3/15. I mean, they could theoretically have the framework in place, but it wouldn't be official nor binding to either side until it's submitted to the league office next Wednesday afternoon.
I don't think, anyway. Maybe it's happened before and I'm just not remembering, but otherwise what's the point of the league having trade deadline dates. No trades can occur from 4pm 11/1/22 until 4pm 3/15/23, right?

Trade would not be official until the15th. But deals have been announced prior to the new league year. If something goes down with Rodgers, we will likely know about it several
Days before it is official.
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Just for the love of god, don't let Woody speak more then a few words the whole trip. If I were Douglas and Saleh, I would hire someone to just to keep Woody busy playing in the background while they do the real work. 

Supposedly when the Knicks were pitching LeBron in 2010 James Dolan pulled out some notecards and started reading from them awkwardly. That's how I envision Woody in these scenarios.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1