Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Would love Rodgers to also completely **** over Schefter and Rapaport and let some small town reporter break the news or do it himself on his social 

I don't care if Tom Brady breaks the news, just give the green light already

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

When defenses no longer have to respect his running I'm pretty confident he will become useless.

It's why he's never returned fast from his leg injuries. He knows he would get exposed. 

We saw what happened with cam Newton and I think we'll see a drop in production from Josh Allen when he loses his mobility. 

Allen is better at winning in the pocket and is more like Big Ben.  Plus he’s bigger.  Would rather have him than lamar.  

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Would love Rodgers to also completely **** over Schefter and Rapaport and let some small town reporter break the news or do it himself on his social 

I've been glued to Incarcerated bobs feed. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Every morning we get a nice new report, then it's radio silence for the rest of the day. What's going on out there? Let's go people

Both front offices are keeping it tight. When the NFL’s national insider’s big update is “Rodgers is mulling it over,” no one knows sh*t.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Think about what you're saying here:  He accounted for 38 TDs over the last 2 seasons despite missing some games.  Even when he was supposedly bad.

not that i'm a leader of the get aaron rodgers club, but rodgers accounted for 63 passing and 4 rushing TDs over the last 2 year, and this includes what is considered a bad 2022 where he played through a broken thumb.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

not that i'm a leader of the get aaron rodgers club, but rodgers accounted for 63 passing and 4 rushing TDs over the last 2 year, and this includes what is considered a bad 2022 where he played through a broken thumb.

No doubt.  Give me Rodgers, but if that deal falls apart, THEN pivot to Jackson.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No doubt.  Give me Rodgers, but if that deal falls apart, THEN pivot to Jackson.  

this is where i differ.

i see the potential risk/reward benefit of acquiring rodgers for a short-term gain.

i see significantly greater risk than reward in the long-term in acquiring lamar

rodgers is kind of like, given the predicament they find themselves in with the failed zach pick, and given the young talent on the team, sure, roll the dice assuming the trade cost isn't too much

lamar is more like acquire a player who's performance has been declining and who ended the last 2 years on the IR, who has had almost no playoff success, and who's game is largely predicated on his mobility, which tends to decline faster than passing ability, at the cost of two 1st round picks and a enormous guaranteed contract that will strangle the team if he continues his injury prone and/or declining performance trend.  stay far, far, far away from this

2 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

Kind of wonder if this is where it’s hard for Douglas to play chicken and the Packers know it. Hopefully he stands his ground, and there’s a bunch of ways that various parties have leverage here, but I can see why they’d want to push him a little to see what they can get given everything that’s gone public.

That all said, Kleiman and Lombardi aren’t exactly elite sources.

• Upvote 1

Just now, k-met57 said:

considering there are no other suitors....i am going to give them a 2 or tell them to kick rocks.

Given JD’s track record I can say with 98% certainty this is his position. The 13th pick is a pipe dream for the Packers.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Jets4Life1979 said:

1) I don't believe Lombardi for anything 

2) I don't think its as black and white as Jets have the leverage here b/c its pretty obvious our desire to trade for AR. However, if the Jets balk at the asking price (pick 13 this year + a pick next year) - what exactly is the Packers plan? They cannot cut him ($100mm dead cap this year if its pre 6/1 and $75mm dead cap post 6/1). They need Rodgers to agree to another team and AFAIK no one has even approached them and it'll take time to put another deal together. His cap hit to the Packers this year is $31mm. Do they play AR and just sit or trade Love? What about next year? 

Not saying its rosy for the Jets if they miss out on AR - but if I'm the Packers GM and I tell JD its a first or nothing and he hangs up I'm sh*tting my pants...

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

It would be very Jetsy for the Jets to lose out on Rodgers, then make an all in offer to Jackson, only to have the Ravens match, and then to give Jimmy G 200 million, and somehow after all that, Mike White ends up starting the last 7 games of the year.  

Don't lie.  In the back recess of your brain, you've all thought this very same thing, and THAT is what the Jets have done to us all!!!! 

Not going to lie.. this is our most likely future.  But maybe closer to $150 for JG. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

This is why I tell jets fans that are screaming "Its happening!!" to slow the **** up, cause this franchise can botch this deal so easily.....Remember, jets will always jet.

Not sure I understand the reasoning - if JD refuses to give the 1st round pick because that is in the best interest of the Jets - that is not botching the deal - it is the exact opposite. 

1 minute ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

2) I don't think its as black and white as Jets have the leverage here b/c its pretty obvious our desire to trade for AR. However, if the Jets balk at the asking price (pick 13 this year + a pick next year) - what exactly is the Packers plan? They cannot cut him ($100mm dead cap this year if its pre 6/1 and $75mm dead cap post 6/1). They need Rodgers to agree to another team and AFAIK no one has even approached them and it'll take time to put another deal together. His cap hit to the Packers this year is $31mm. Do they play AR and just sit or trade Love? What about next year? 

Not saying its rosy for the Jets if they miss out on AR - but if I'm the Packers GM and I tell JD its a first or nothing and he hangs up I'm sh*tting my pants...

I'm still pretty sure the Jets and Packers are done negotiating - deal is in place, whatever it is.  Right now the only thing holding things up is Rodgers.  

I highly doubt the Jets gave up #13.  In fact, I wouldn't 't be surprised if it wasn't #43 either.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

This is why it’s such a fascinating negotiation. The Jets have “no leverage” because everyone on earth knows we are all in on Rodgers. The Packers have “no leverage” because everyone on earth knows they want to move on and start Love. 

My guess at the final compensation: our 2023 2nd and a conditional 2024 4th

• Upvote 3