Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

Just now, Pac said:

This post is whackadoodle.  Of course it has to be made now.  As much as I want Rodgers if he hasn't decided by the 14th I'd make the decision for him and pivot to Jimmy G. 

They are not going to let every other QB get signed while Aaron ponders his decision while listening to Ravi Shankar. 

lol huh? of course it has to be made now? i don't think you know what you think you know. you want to make the decision for him and get one of the worst qb for any winning team in history because you want green aby to just eat dead money and Rodgers now get the best deal he can get? yeah def wackadoodle take by you bud.

its hard to even take your comments in any serious manner. no self awareness or any logic. You realize that Rodgers/greenbay doesnt need to trade him to us right? c'mon be better. 

• WTF? 1

38 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This is freakin' ridiculous.  Rodgers is a tool and this is shaping up as a complete joke.  I would have told Rodgers and GB that this gets done by March 5 or not at all.  Neither he nor GB has anyplace else to go.  The Jets have an amazing propensity to give up all their leverage.  I'd express interest in both Jackson and Stafford publicly today.  I can't stand Rodgers and he is proving to be just like the guy he replaced at the same point in his career.  

The new league year hasn't even started yet. I don't blame Rodgers for taking his time. Saying it needs to get done 10 days before the next league year starts is laughable. Just be patient.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol huh? of course it has to be made now? i don't think you know what you think you know. you want to make the decision for him and get one of the worst qb for any winning team in history because you want green aby to just eat dead money and Rodgers now get the best deal he can get? yeah def wackadoodle take by you bud.

its hard to even take your comments in any serious manner. no self awareness or any logic. You realize that Rodgers/greenbay doesnt need to trade him to us right? c'mon be better. 

Did you start celebrating the Rodgers trade early by inhaling a bag of mushrooms?  I have no idea what you're saying. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If Rodgers decides he wants to play for the Jets, he's going to want the team approaching FA to win a championship w/him this year. GB would likely approach FA differently for a season w/Rodgers or Love.

i agree that green bay would treat the offseason differently if love or rodgers was starting, although Id argue that if history shows us anything neither out come would be beneficial to the those qb;s - green bay has notoriously not help Rodgers out and the dead money involved would play a big part too. 

But as far as rodgers picking to play for the jets, he could be motivated by money alone and not give  damn about a ring, or perhaps he may believe he woudl lead the team to the promise land alone by his acquisition and not have any thought on the NY jets FA period. Or maybe he takes in account the type of transaction he jets now do in the FA period but not being flashy in the beginning and wait for team friendly players later on in the FA period and feels not rush to make any decision. Or any other number of scenarios. My point is that there is no rush for rodger and no logical motivation for doing so. 

Carr was different and signed because you take that bag, Rodger may or may not care about the bad and either way knows if he plays he is going to get it. I think it is a big leap to know why Rodgers cares about and I think that the dead money and who Rodgers is clearly point to the only people that want to get the deal now is Joe Douglas and New York. 

Which it seems that Joe and NY have done what they can to try to accomplish. But we simply can force someone to play for us. Does not work that way and if anything considering all the circumstances, i think we are doing about as best as you could in this situation.

3 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

it takes basic comprehension to understand let me break it down for you dumb dumb - rodgers can wait.

You don't seem to grasp the fact that the Jets can't.   

Go to bed. 

• Upvote 1

Fun watching these alleged insiders all present hypotheticals into what Rodgers is thinking but presenting it as fact. “RODGERS IS OPEN TO COMING TO THE JETS/RODGERS WANTS TO RETIRE etc etc.” Reminder that none of these guys have a line to Rodgers at all. None of them had Rodgers returning to the Packers last year until he showed up at the facility. 

• Upvote 4

• This is all about managing the egos of the fools who draft a replacement for a QB who went off and had 2 MVP seasons despite them.  
  • This is not about Aaron Rodgers deciding whether to earn $110mm for 7 months of work throwing a ball around.  If he shows up at GB camp cooperative, he makes $58mm, guaranteed.  If the Packers want him to be QB2, they can try it.  My guess is that does not end well.  
  • Now if Rodgers wants to make the $42mm for playing in 2024, he should want a trade.  There is no way the Packers pay that (they can cut him week after SB if he is not injured).  If Rodgers is on the Jets and it works out half way ok, the Jets will take him for 2024.  
  • After the Packers eat Rodgers dead cap and deal with guys like Bahktiari, 2023 is a rebuild year for them and a practice year for Jordan Love.  2023 is a go for broke year for the Jets.  It makes ZERO sense for the Jets to give up 2023 13.   We can give them conditional picks in 2024.  
  • JD and Woody need to be strong and not be extorted.  The Packers will fold first. 
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Are so many of you willing to throw away 2x #1's and $230 million guaranteed, for a guy who could have his career legit ended on his first run of 2023?

Can you not, after the exemplar of RGIII, and Jackson's own last two injury shortened seasons, see the massive risk involved here?  

What do you think would happen with Jackson, that he'll be the first ever run-first QB to become a better, faster runner the older he gets, and will suddenly become immune to runner's injuries if he's playing for NY?

A wager on Jackson, at that price, is a wager that he is in fact the greatest player in NFL history and won't get hurt again.  Ever.  And will become a 10x better passer while not losing anything in his running skills.

Amazing how few want to even consider the risk/reward concept of this one.  Let’s follow up one of the worst in NFL history QB draft picks with one of the worst in NFL history QB contracts, lol.

Excited Hell Yeah GIF by UFC

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Jets4Life1979 said:

I just watched this exact clip from Tom Pelisserio and an important part that was omitted is that the Jets have not agreed to compensation with the packers. He says the jets have an "idea" on what compensation and the rodgers contract would look like, not that the jets packers have officially agreed on it.......tweet very misleading

nonsense.   There is zero chance that G Bay allows the Jets to visit Rodgers until there is a compensation deal agreed upon.  Either Pelisserio is lying or has incorrect info.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

nonsense.   There is zero chance that G Bay allows the Jets to visit Rodgers until there is a compensation deal agreed upon.  Either Pelisserio is lying or has incorrect info.

that is not what I heard as of a day or two ago there was still back and forth and the visit seems to me confirmation that Rodger was on board with NY and they were just doing final touches of that. 

If anything it points to Green bay still holding this thing up - makes sense considering they are the ones that are lookign at that cap hit and no leverage. Joe is probably offering a fair deal but not bending over like some think they should for Aaron Rodgers.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

also 100% there is def more than zero chance even if you completely disagree with people like me with rationale. 

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

also 100% there is def more than zero chance even if you completely disagree with people like me with rationale. 

So the Packers gave the Jets permission to talk to Rodgers without a comp package in place?  OK...  makes zero sense for either team, but if you say so.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I wouldnt be so sure about that. Woody Johnson is a star struck fanboi. He loves taking people out to dinner.

Green Bay kinda doesn't care, they would gladly let someone take his contract and give them compensation in return. So they say "go ahead if you want, we can talk compensation later"

All it does it hurt the Jets bargaining power anyway

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dcat said:

So the Packers gave the Jets permission to talk to Rodgers without a comp package in place?  OK...  makes zero sense for either team, but if you say so.  

From what i hear thye wanted a first out right and joe was offering a 4th with escalators and there is some money green bay is being ask to pay. Its complex but try to follow along. Jets have laid our a few option depending on timeing and there is plenty of time to go.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

you do realize that FA doesn't start until next week?  so we are still in this window of tell us before FA starts, even if it feels like it is taking forever.

I know the time line.  The jets said take as long as you like, take all the time you need.  Everyone is kissing Rodgers ass just the way he likes it, just the way he has always had his ass kissed.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

I wouldnt be so sure about that. Woody Johnson is a star struck fanboi. He loves taking people out to dinner.

Green Bay kinda doesn't care, they would gladly let someone take his contract and give them compensation in return. So they say "go ahead if you want, we can talk compensation later"

All it does it hurt the Jets bargaining power anyway

I think you hit a big point here Green Bay is trying to get a gold parashoot out of this Rodger conttract. They owe alot of money and Joe knows thye want out of it. He has all the leverage and knows that Green bay is going to come around to his terms, because who the hell else is going to give them an out. 

It makes alot of sense for them to let NY talk to him hoping that it will help move Joe to more favorable terms, but Joe has his line and either they are going to accept it now or eat all that money one june 1st.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I know the time line.  The jets said take as long as you like, take all the time you need.  Everyone is kissing Rodgers ass just the way he likes it, just the way he has always had his ass kissed.

smart move though right? to not force anything on someone that you realistically can not actually force to do anything.

seems logical

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Yeah, I don't buy this and don't believe there is any objective data to support the notion that Tua is "miles ahead" of Jackson "in terms of pure ability to pass the football." This is no more convincing than any of the "eye test" arguments that people have about a QB they like or dislike. 

Jackson being an elite rushing QB on top of having slightly better overall passing numbers than Tua only illustrates that he's a better overall QB, IMO. 

Ok, no worries.  I'm not going to try and convince you, it's moot regardless, we're not getting Jackson, and we're not getting Tua, so we can agree to disagree and then look at what might actually happen in our future :)

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

eh, I think giving him until somewhere between Friday and Sunday is fine. He met with team officials two days ago. 

The tampering period doesn't even start until Monday, right?

The season ended a month ago.  How long does it take? Seriously ?  Either you want to play or you don't.  He is such a prima donna attention whore.  Don't get me wrong, if he comes here I'm all in. I may  not like it or him or what is given up to acquire him, but I'm not going to root for him to fail.  But the time it is taking him to decide is ridiculously absurd.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

smart move though right? to not force anything on someone that you realistically can not actually force to do anything.

seems logical

He is due 100 mill over the next two years

He does not have a no trade deal.

His present team wants him gone.

No other team wants anything to do with him.

The Jets have to beg or 'gasp!' he might retire.

This time next year?  The Jets will be begging him not to retire.

On 3/6/2023 at 1:41 PM, johnnysd said:

I have said this a few times but it seems to get ignored. We have already done this trade. For Favre.

The trade compensation should be no more than that trade and probably less. Green Bay is the leveraged one here, not the Jets.

With all due respect trade compensation and the market for players in 2023 has nothing to do whatsoever with what it was in 2008 -- let alone that every situation is unique even year to year.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

can you find me a direct quote from an actual jets employee saying rodgers can take all the time he wants?

rodgers isn't dumb.  he knows the jets and the packers both need an answer before FA starts.  if he intends to play, it is in his interest to give his future employer an answer so they can proceed to improve the team around him.

our well regarded sources here indicate the jets and rodgers are working towards a timeline that gives them an answer by the beginning of the league year.

i'm not going to stress every minute that passes without resolution.  once the calendar flips to march 13, and the "legal tampering" window opens, effectively starting the league year, then we can talk shyte or get off the pot to AR

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets aren’t begging. They met him, all indications are it went well. As long as it is resolved by Monday, the start of legal tampering period, it doesn’t matter. The Jets can’t do anything else regarding the QB position till then anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

what happens if he wants to stay a packer?

i just don't see retirement on the table.  has anyone walked away from over 20MM in guaranteed money let alone $50MM.

21 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

lol sorry bro I dont speak dumb dumb. Make a point or stop. do you even know what your are trying to articulate? 

Ill just assume you're on some misguided troll show.   Enjoy. 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

As long as we have an answer before Monday's FA opening there's nothing to worry about. Rodgers doesn't owe the Jets anything and is making a major decision. I get it, I want to know asap too.

12:12 on 3/12 we will find out Rodgers is coming to NY to wear #12

• Upvote 1