Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

So you’re trading two firsts for 2 guys with higher cap hits, one with an injury history, and the other at age 39?

im a get Rodgers proponent…but taking these guys cap hits should mean there are no unconditional 1sts going back. You’d be doing the pack a favor lol

I don't think taking Bakhtiari is a favor, Packers only save $5m and would be left without a LT for their new QB

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bla bla bla said:

I don't think taking Bakhtiari is a favor, Packers only save $5m and would be left without a LT for their new QB

Then…why would they do it?  As a favor to A Rodgers?

while taking Bakhtiari will only save the Pack $5 million (if that’s the case, IDK), the NYJ would be taking on MYCH more than that In cap cost in addition to Rodgers. 

in the NFL, cap money and draft picks are equivalent in some manner…not exclusive. 

42 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Oo I'd love that but I think if you are getting Rodgers and Bakhtiari I can't imagine you keep a first this year

Meh. Maybe. But I feel like the first has to come from hitting incentives. These dudes are pushing 50, with 2 years left in their career and one has broken legs. We’re not exactly getting them on their second contract at 26 years old.

People are just looking at big names and thinking, oh that’s gotta cost a lot!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Between Bakhiari, Becton, and Brown we should get a season’s worth of games at LT!

Bakhtiari

SEASON
WEEK
INJURY
STATUS
Knee
Doubtful
Knee
Out
Knee
Out
Knee
Questionable
Knee
Questionable
Knee
Questionable
Knee
Questionable
Knee
Questionable
Knee
Questionable
Knee
Questionable
Knee
Questionable
Knee
Questionable
DP
Knee
Questionable
Knee
Questionable
Knee
Out
Knee
Out
Knee
Out
Knee
Out
Knee
Out
Knee
Out
Knee
Doubtful

36 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Idk about all this. While on the field, he's great but the problem is he's not on the field that much. 2020 - 12 games. 2021 - 1 game. 2022 - 11 games. Not to mention his bloated contract. 

I could see nexts year 1 going with both Rodgers and Bakhtiari along with a 2 or 3 this year. But I'd be hesitant with how much time he's missed the last 3 years plus that contract. 

Yea, I hear you. 

Bakhtiari

SEASON WEEK INJURY STATUS
2022 16 Knee Doubtful
2022 15 Knee Out
2022 13 Knee Out
2022 12 Knee Questionable
2022 11 Knee Questionable
2022 10 Knee Questionable
2022 9 Knee Questionable
2022 8 Knee Questionable
2022 7 Knee Questionable
2022 3 Knee Questionable
2022 2 Knee Questionable
2022 1 Knee Questionable
2021 DP Knee Questionable
2021 18 Knee Questionable
2021 17 Knee Out
2021 16 Knee Out
2021 15 Knee Out
2021 14 Knee Out
2021 12 Knee Out
2021 11 Knee Out
2021 10 Knee Doubtful
Ah fug it. ... Namath was knee questionable every game of his career

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Also said that Jermaine Johnson might be involved in the trade

Clemons' play and Huff's emergence on the pass rush might make JJ expendable. They are saying Whitehead may be involved, as well, which would explain the Clark trade.

So if it's a second, JJ, and Whitehead, and maybe lesser draft assets, with Rodgers (and perhaps Bakhtiari) coming back, it would be tough to say that's not a solid deal for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SackExchangeNYJ said:

Clemons' play and Huff's emergence on the pass rush might make JJ expendable. They are saying Whitehead may be involved, as well, which would explain the Clark trade.

So if it's a second, JJ, and Whitehead, and maybe lesser draft assets, with Rodgers (and perhaps Bakhtiari) coming back, it would be tough to say that's not a solid deal for the Jets. 

That would be a giant surprise for a FO that traded up for JJ and really looked like they love him to give him like that.