Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

6 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Problem is, even if a trade is finalized verbally, it cannot be announced until next Wednesday, so saying a Jets official press conference is happening tomorrow is obviously made up. 

This isn’t true man (the announcement part)

like the Jets just made a trade 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Is there anything stopping a team like Atlanta from waiting until day 2 of the draft to send Lamar an offer sheet? Give up the 2024 and 2025 firsts then.

Nope, as long Lamar doesn't sign the franchise offer teams have until July 15th to trade for him. 

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

What do you have against the cuckold scene? I noticed that's your go to.

I've met some real nice cuck'ers. Easy going folk, surprisingly.

Well firstly I don’t need to know lol. Secondly because the f word is a lot more lame on a message board imo. The -UCK annunciation makes the word, so rather write cuck then **** knowing it will get censored out 

Thank you for attending my TED talk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Don't you guys see it?

There's no Jets-Packers standoff. The standoff is Packers-Rodgers. He's holding them hostage for fun.

Jets and Packers have completed their business. Jets and Rodgers have completed their business. Rodgers has asked for time to confirm, letting the Jets know its almost there but he just wants to mull it over a little bit more.

Meanwhile, his mind is made up and he's just toying with Green Bay. Watching them twist in the wind and enjoying the Twitter verse. Green Bay knows it and that's what these comments are about. They want to move on as much as everyone else, but he won't let them. He's laughing his ass off right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

This isn’t true man (the announcement part)

like the Jets just made a trade 

Did the Jets have a press conference or officially announce the trade for Clark? No. It was reported by some media outlets. They cannot announce something that’s not official until the 15th. So the press conference tomorrow is BS. 

21 minutes ago, MARTIN said:

Guys i have an update my my source inside the building. Apparently the draft pick compensation is ironed out... but there is a complication with the players that are being swapped. GB wants Michael Clemons as part of the trade and NYJ are too scared to let him know. Saleh supposedly called him and got scared and hung up the phone... And Joe Douglas called him and he replied "NO" and hung up. 

Will keep you posted when i have more true details of whats really going on.

Hopefully Douglas uses Clemons in negotiations.

Gutekunst: “So Joe we were thinking compensation starts with pick thir…”

Douglas: “Micheal, what do you think about that?”

Clemons: “No.”

Gutekunst: “We’ll then we’d insist on the 2024 fir…”

Gutekunst: “Maybe a 2024 second that could…”

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

That is the Packers saying they want the trade to be worked out. Their preference is not having him back.

Yes but I’m reading it as if things don’t go the way they (GB)  want he could be their starting QB

maybe I’m wrong. 

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

What if he says no to Jets trade and just reports to GB? 

First of all, that won't happen.  They don't want him and he doesn't want to be there.  

Second, if he does - he'll be the back up.  That would be a PR nightmare and make Love's job exponentially more difficult.

I think this is kinda JD's point here.  the Packers HAVE to get rid of him.   Cutting him isn't possible - a trade is the way to do it.  If they HAVE to get rid of him - JD can hold them hostage until they come to his price. 

Now, yes.  The Jets want him and would be an awful situation without him - but the Jets do have options.  Not great ones - but they're there. 

Jets leverage isn't great - but it's more than GB right now.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Yes but I’m reading it as if things don’t go the way they (GB)  want he could be their starting QB

maybe I’m wrong. 

He wants out…. GB wants him out. He can absolutely stick his unit so far up their butt by not reporting for camp and making locker room toxic & when speaking to press. They are going to release him or bench him for Love in this scenario.

3 minutes ago, C Mart said:

What if he says no to Jets trade and just reports to GB? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Anyone but Zach

That doesn't answer his question. Assume Rodgers is out for a moment.  Who do you want to get to play ahead of Zach Wilson in '23? Garoppolo?  Dalton?  Minshew?  Give us a name or two before rejecting Carr Rodgers.  Why is it a certainty that no matter what the Jets choose, we  kind of know your reaction already?  Just saying.  So who then?   IMO, Rodgers-to-G Wilson with a solid run game will be better than anything we've seen in decades.  It seems like you want the same ol' sh*t.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

Did the Jets have a press conference or officially announce the trade for Clark? No. It was reported by some media outlets. They cannot announce something that’s not official until the 15th. So the press conference tomorrow is BS. 

I just meant announced to the world. We’d know. Who gives a sh*t about a press conference, I wasn’t referring to that 

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

First of all, that won't happen.  They don't want him and he doesn't want to be there.  

Second, if he does - he'll be the back up.  That would be a PR nightmare and make Love's job exponentially more difficult.

I think this is kinda JD's point here.  the Packers HAVE to get rid of him.   Cutting him isn't possible - a trade is the way to do it.  If they HAVE to get rid of him - JD can hold them hostage until they come to his price. 

Now, yes.  The Jets want him and would be an awful situation without him - but the Jets do have options.  Not great ones - but they're there. 

Jets leverage will increase as time goes on too. If I were JD I would take my merry time waiting until GB takes the price.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It probably won’t BUT it could. 

So he’s the backup. What happens if they start out 0-3 and Love sucks. 

I'm only stating what Murphy said when asked.