Q's contract?!

Just wondering is there a timeline we need to get this done or is this possibly being held up because of the Rodgers contract that will be on the books?  I want to see Q a Jet for a long term contract but haven't heard anything yet and now I'm worrying about it because we are hearing about the "possible interest" in on Zeke and OBJ.

• Upvote 1

He said he’s skipping voluntary workouts if he doesn’t get one. I think an extension would actually help this year and something about void years. I’m probably not reading it correctly but on otc if you click on the extension column it shows a cap savings of 6 million for ‘23. 

my best guess is they get it done 3 days before voluntary workouts. 

53 minutes ago, Jolt Contract Leu said:

Just wondering is there a timeline we need to get this done or is this possibly being held up because of the Rodgers contract that will be on the books?  I want to see Q a Jet for a long term contract but haven't heard anything yet and now I'm worrying about it because we are hearing about the "possible interest" in on Zeke and OBJ.

Jolt, it is extremely disrespectful and offensive to show a picture defiling the holy act that Jesus performed on the cross to take your, my and all our sins away (if you soever receive it)!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

I think we’ll do FA, get AR and draft and then give Q his deal. He’s a cheat code for us to move money around. His 5th year option is pricey this year. We extend him to a big deal. We can give him a low cap hit this year that will actually save us money from his 5th option salary.

• Upvote 2

Priority order IMO - Q, Rodgers, Beckham, Zeke out of the four names in the OP.

I'm guessing the Jets have draft contracts or frameworks for a deal with guys like Q but can't put ink on paper until they know exactly how things are going to shake out with Rodgers.  Q and Sauce and the cornerstones of the defense and should anchor it for years to come.  Key guys at the two most important levels of the defense.

Rodgers, as exciting as it will be to have him here for a year or two, might not even be playing the next time a President is elected.  Thus, if Rodgers is an addition that prevents the ability to retain Quinnen then you don't trade for him IMO.  But again, I think JD certainly must have a plan for both of them being here and it's likely just the details and structure that need to fall into place once the AR trade is done.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Please don't proselytize. I'm a confirmed atheist and I don't appreciate it. If the no religion thing cuts one way, it should cut the other too. Keep your bronze age myths to yourself please. 

This topic was done until you brought it back up. This issue had already been resolved, the guy removed the image.

So the no religion thing isn't allowed here which means posts like yours, blasting my faith aren't allowed here. There was a better way to handle this, which others did.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Maxman said:

This topic was done until you brought it back up. This issue had already been resolved, the guy removed the image.

So the no religion thing isn't allowed here which means posts like yours, blasting my faith aren't allowed here. There was a better way to handle this, which others did.

I apologize for the last line. It was a dig, admittedly. 

I do, however stand by the rest of my statement. I dont like religion. I won't expound, but I don't like to read proselytizing of any faith, especially when just clicking on a thread to talk about Q's upcoming contract. I feel the rule should cut both ways. I'm perfectly fine not criticizing that which I'm  not presented with. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, or needlessly prolong the discussion, but felt I should apologize and explain. 

I'll be honest. I think A LOT is being 'held up' by the Rodgers deal. 

However, getting Rodgers is THAT important. Once things are settled with the A-Rod situation and he is officially a Jet, everything else will start to fall into place and we will probably see JD making moves at a feverish pace.