Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly, I don't think that's remotely true.

Now, maybe they'll make a few trades now to bring in a couple more impact players - As currently structured, this is a wild card team if they stay very healthy and catch a couple of breaks.

This was a wildcard team with Marcus Mariota last year. Come on man 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Massive overpay. We gave up a quality 2nd a swap of 1st rounders which equates to a 3rd rounder in value. And what will 99% be a 1st rounder in 2024. All with no protection if he retires after this next season.

So we traded a 2nd, 3rd, and a 2024 1st for a 39 year old for possibly only 1 year.

Awful deal. JD lost big time.

Note the downvoters of your post.....  all Kool aid drinkers. 

We caved, over paid. Basically gave a 1st a 2nd and a 6th for a 39 year old. No guarantee on a 2nd year?

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We even got pushed around on all of the little things in the deal.  We moved back 2 spots in the first round.  We gave up pick 42, not 43.

I know it is not a big deal.  But it just goes to show Joe D got manhandled in every aspect of this deal.  

Joe's cleaning the KY out of his butt hole as I write this. He got hosed, 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We even got pushed around on all of the little things in the deal.  We moved back 2 spots in the first round.  We gave up pick 42, not 43.

I know it is not a big deal.  But it just goes to show Joe D got manhandled in every aspect of this deal.  

Yeah but we ”manhandled” that 6th rounder into a 5th. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

This has Woody's grubby little ******* hands all over it.

Rest assured the PR with "Woody preventing trade for a first" was all bullsh*t drummed up by that psychopath. Don't fall for it. He thought that would give him cover to take this sh*t deal. This is ******* terrible. This is a guy that bought Tebow for the media clout.

This is the same sh*t all over again. What a ******* moron

******* SELL THE TEAM WOODY YOU PIECE OF CRAP

Now our GM is going to fall on this sword when Aaron busts. When he didnt want this trade. THIS IS THE STUPIDEST ******* THING WE COULD HAVE DONE AND WE JUST DID IT.

NOT EVEN A ****KING CONDITION TO GIVE THEM A FIRST IF WE MAKE IT TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND JUST STRAIGHT UP 65% OF THE SNAPS

ABSOLUTE CRAP FIRE WOODY INTO THEE ******* SUN

LEARN FROM JAMES DOLAN YOU LOSER

STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN WHEN YOU HIRE A CHEF TO DO THE COOKING

IDIOTIC JUST ******* IDIOTIC

JOKE ****KING FRANCHIES

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

One other thing I'll throw out there...

This is total speculation but I think a lot of the "considering retirement, dragging stuff out" with Rodgers is related to his tumultuous relationship with the Packers FO. I think he likes that the Jets are kissing his ass a little and treating him like a partner (regardless of what you might think about that as a fan) and think there's a strong possibility that things go a little smoother in that regard.

I posted something similar shortly after the McAfee show announcement. I also don't think Rodgers was ever going to not get paid this year. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Massive overpay. We gave up a quality 2nd a swap of 1st rounders which equates to a 3rd rounder in value. And what will 99% be a 1st rounder in 2024. All with no protection if he retires after this next season.

So we traded a 2nd, 3rd, and a 2024 1st for a 39 year old for possibly only 1 year.

Awful deal. JD lost big time.

Woody forced this don't think JD makes this trade.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Honestly, I don't think that's remotely true.

Now, maybe they'll make a few trades now to bring in a couple more impact players - As currently structured, this is a wild card team if they stay very healthy and catch a couple of breaks.

Well in that case I understand your frustration and know you’ll still cheer as much as ever.

I legitimately think this puts us as one of the top 3 teams in the AFC with as good a chance as anybody to win it all.

Our defense is top 5. If the offensive line gets an added to and stays healthy, there’s no limit to the offense.

1 minute ago, bd71 said:

I can’t believe people are complaining about the drop from 13 to 15 and the #1 next season.  We landed a Hall of Fame QB who will be out to prove the doubters wrong.  Rodgers makes the team Superbowl contenders.

I would have liked a performance based clause or some guarantee Rodgers will be around next year (barring serious injury obviously) for next year's first pick NGL.