Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

1 hour ago, talisaynon said:

This has Woody's grubby little ******* hands all over it.

Rest assured the PR with "Woody preventing trade for a first" was all bullsh*t drummed up by that psychopath. Don't fall for it. He thought that would give him cover to take this sh*t deal. This is ******* terrible. This is a guy that bought Tebow for the media clout.

This is the same sh*t all over again. What a ******* moron

******* SELL THE TEAM WOODY YOU PIECE OF CRAP

Now our GM is going to fall on this sword when Aaron busts. When he didnt want this trade. THIS IS THE STUPIDEST ******* THING WE COULD HAVE DONE AND WE JUST DID IT.

NOT EVEN A ****KING CONDITION TO GIVE THEM A FIRST IF WE MAKE IT TO THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND JUST STRAIGHT UP 65% OF THE SNAPS

ABSOLUTE CRAP FIRE WOODY INTO THEE ******* SUN

LEARN FROM JAMES DOLAN YOU LOSER

STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN WHEN YOU HIRE A CHEF TO DO THE COOKING

IDIOTIC JUST ******* IDIOTIC

JOKE ****KING FRANCHIES

Someone has a case of the mondays 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

"Fleeced" is trending on twitter.  HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

Joe D embarrassed himself today.  Making a bad trade is one thing.  Getting hosed by a clown like Gukenkust is pathetic.

hurts to be wrong i know.......especially as adamant you have been about the nonsense you have been adamant about

• Haha 2

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Who is Tony Jefferson the 2nd?

And why should we care what he thinks?

If you don't know who Tony Jefferson is do you even watch football? Dude played in the league for 8 years, 3 of which he started at safety for the Ravens

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

For those who are wondering why the price seems a bit steep, here's your answer.

Have to think this is true. Getting taken in this trade doesn’t seem like JD. Has Woody all over it. Made us now SB or bust. Which is quite a standard now

• Sympathy 1

Just now, neckdemon said:

it makes sense.....no way rodgers plan is to only play 1 year. he played the retirement bullsh*t with the packers because they are idiots

He'll be 40 by season's end.

Even if he was absolutely silent on the issue it would still be very possible. If the Jets don't look like contenders I don't see any way he comes back.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

He'll be 40 by season's end.

Even if he was absolutely silent on the issue it would still be very possible. If the Jets don't look like contenders I don't see any way he comes back.

he is playing 2 years at least....barring a superbowl win, serious injury, or epic jets meltdown

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Not necessarily ... If JD took the majority of money off the contract, then the leverage wasn't as much as it may seem because Packers are basically paying for a better draft pick

Good point. Lots of details to come out still 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Douglas actually turned this guy heel.

He was never “face”.  It’s always been a schtick, just like SAR.  He was banned for a hot minute for spamming posts just like that one way back when, and decided to came back a bursting ray of positive sunshine, out of nowhere, probably to avoid another ban.

• Upvote 1

The Packers agreed Monday to deal quarterback Aaron Rodgers and their 2023 first round pick (No. 15) and a 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170) to the Jets for New York’s 2023 first-round pick (No. 13), a 2023 second round pick (No. 42), a 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207) and a conditional 2024 second-round pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65% of the plays this season, sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter on Monday.

Trade picks aside, here is how his contract breaks down:

The Jets will inherit the remainder of his contract, which includes $59.465 million guaranteed in salary and bonus this season. Most of it is made up of a $58.3 million bonus that is due no later than Week 1 of this season.

The Packers now must absorb $40.3 million in dead money on their salary cap. Because his bonus money is prorated, Rodgers won’t cripple the Jets’ cap. He will count $15.8 million in 2023 and $32.5 million in 2024, cap-friendly for a player of his stature.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Every 1st round pick wins a super bowl?  It's a 1st and a 2nd.  How good would those picks have to be to make this sh*tty team as much a contender as they are today?  This is one of those trades that is a win if he is a good QB and a loss if he isn't.  The trade compensation will be almost irrelevant to whether it is a good trade or not.  

Yeah and everyone is so worried about us being bad again after he retires but I honestly can’t remember last time we were good. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

I think we lost the trade value wise but win player wise.

We gave up too much but now are a SB contender.

The part that agitates me, is we waited this long to give up too much. Why wait and not get guys we could have in win now mode? If we made this trade 3 weeks ago is Calais Campbell and OBJ Jets? Possibly even others.

• Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'll be happy when they start winning games.  Why should I be dancing in the streets just becasue we got the QB we have been after for what looks like a very hefty price.

would you have been happy if they signed jimmy g instead, because this was the likely outcome of the deadline you wanted to impose

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

The Packers agreed Monday to deal quarterback Aaron Rodgers and their 2023 first round pick (No. 15) and a 2023 fifth-round pick (No. 170) to the Jets for New York’s 2023 first-round pick (No. 13), a 2023 second round pick (No. 42), a 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207) and a conditional 2024 second-round pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65% of the plays this season, sources told ESPN’s Adam Schefter on Monday.

Trade picks aside, here is how his contract breaks down:

The Jets will inherit the remainder of his contract, which includes $59.465 million guaranteed in salary and bonus this season. Most of it is made up of a $58.3 million bonus that is due no later than Week 1 of this season.

The Packers now must absorb $40.3 million in dead money on their salary cap. Because his bonus money is prorated, Rodgers won’t cripple the Jets’ cap. He will count $15.8 million in 2023 and $32.5 million in 2024, cap-friendly for a player of his stature.

No.... Packers are reworking the contract before the trade... See the 1.55 mark of the NFL Network tweet above.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bobby816 said:

The part that agitates me, is we waited this long to give up too much. Why wait and not get guys we could have in win now mode? If we made this trade 3 weeks ago is Calais Campbell and OBJ Jets? Possibly even others.

If waiting on this trade means not having to pay OBJ $18M in 2023 then it was totally worth it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Yes, JD probably gave up too much (but we got to wait and see what the salary compensation situation is).  I think we are all going to be pretty happy on opening day to see Aaron Rodgers taking the field and leading our offense as our field general. Our OL just have to adequately protect him so he doesn’t get hurt and be able to play all season and get us to the promise land.

I realize he might not play like the old Aaron Rodgers anymore, but I’m pretty sure no one is going to be accidentally mistaking him for Zach Wilson and feel like we are watching a repeat of Zach’s QB performance from last year!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Don't judge it till you see what packers reworked contract is... GB is going to win the PR battle till the numbers come out

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1