Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

So much for "Jets had all the leverage, GB will take what we give them", because that comp is alot.
1. We move down in the first in 2023 from 13 to 15
2. We lose a 2023 2nd Rounder
3. We lose a 2023 6th Rounder
4. We lose a 2024 1st Rounder (lets be honest, unless he gets hurt early in the year, he easily plays 65% in 2023)
1. We gain Aaron Rodgers.
2. We gain a 2023 5th
So much for the "no first rounders" narrative, and "it should be cheap, because leverage" narrative, this is a pretty huge price to pay for a likely 1-year rental @ $50 million+ in salary per season for the next several seasons, cap space wise.
We now have 1 pick in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th to work with, draft wise.
Man, we sure better hope all these risky moves pay off, or it's going to be one rough couple years from 2024 onwards. This reeks of desperation.  
So you're happy, right? Me too!
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Klecko73isGod said:

If they win the SuperBowl I don't give a ****.

No one  will care if they win it all.  The jets are in a totally loaded AFC are not one good QB away from winning yet but that is the way they have operated here.  We shall see.

We were absolutely brutally fleeced, IMO. Horrible we had to give up so much. I'm in shock. He's a 40 year old corpse who is also a beligerent a-hole, but YES! I am legit happy to see some competence behind center. Happy to no longer watch Zach Wilson. Can we trade him?

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

LETS FUKINNNNNNNN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

i think this is a great deal.  Basically we gave up a bottom 3 round pick (in terms of the value difference between the 13th and 15th), our 2nd and a swap of our 6th for their 5th?  (14.8 difference in value).  Only possible criticism is we probably will give up next year's first if he plays but that was always expected.  But we have this years 15th and 2 

• WTF? 1

A- if they have a 2 yr commitment from Rodgers and have significantly reduced the dead cap hit

B- if they have a 2 year commitment from Rodgers but don’t have meaningful cap relief

D if they do not have a 2 year commitment from Rodgers and any meaningful cap relief

———————————————————————-

Contract language and details should be next and give us key details on expected length and cap relief.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Don’t love that the condition to next year’s first is only 65% of the plays

But want to first see if GB ate any dead cap space and/or if Rodgers restructures before grading the trade.

Theory is basically "if he doesn't get injured we're in the playoffs, likely picking no earlier than 26" but I still don't like it