### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, you can put on 10-15 pounds of weight to get to the parsons profile if that’s what you are worried about

i doubt this guy is gong to be parsons, but I think you guys get a bit too caught up in size  

10-15 lbs would still have him underweight, and he’s not exactly blazing fast, at 239, since he ran a 4.7.

6 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

They are recruiting the whole team of Georgia. Problem is when they all together will they stay out of trouble. I love Nolan Smith, Carter is a different story but who knows with his brothers he straightens his act. GM is drafting players from Georgia and Alabama. 

…”when they all together???”

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Micah Parsons: 6-3, 248.

Chandler Jones: 6-5, 266.

Aldon Smith: 6-4, 280.

Bryce Huff (who was, and still is, considered to be “undersized”: 6-3, 255.

Will McDonald IV: 6-3, 239 (combine weight; Iowa state listed him at 6-3 236, so he put on 3lbs during draft prep.)

The Jets, essentially, took Aaron Maybin, in the hopes that it pans out differently.

Reading your response listing a bunch of guys’ heights and weights reminded me of how much I really do hate the draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, David Harris said:

My wife yelled at me when I muttered  “make a wish kid to hurry up already”. Like I shouldn’t be put in that position.

I used to love watching the draft when it was on Sat and Sun all day it was basically just highlights of college players now I turn it off after the Jets pick.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Reading your response listing a bunch of guys’ heights and weights reminded me of how much I really do hate the draft.

Find me one player, in the modern era, with his measurements, that went on to become an effective pass rusher in the NFL.

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Don’t compare Jets GMs to the Eagles.

Also, you suggested a couple of developmental tackles. So 2? We’ve already used 1. So in general, we need more picks if he wants to do what you said and walk away with better odds of hitting on players.

Lol. Everyone knows JD ran that entire scouting department

4 minutes ago, David Harris said:

My wife yelled at me when I muttered  to the “make a wish kid “hurry up already”. Like I shouldn’t be put in that position.

it’s like making me decline tipping the barista. 

Lol Me too.

I said “wtf with this bs”

she said “babe…” withthat look

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

10-15 lbs would still have him underweight, and he’s not exactly blazing fast, at 239, since he ran a 4.7.

@Mogglez consider this. I think a lot of us are disappointed because we expected a certain position and are used to the draft being our superbowl.

What if that's not the case in the near future? What if Rodgers signs a team friendly deal, gives us cap flexibility, and we can bring in really good free agents to set up a superbowl run because they want to play with AR?

It may be time to think differently and adjust our mindset. Teams that are win within a short window don't worry about draft picks.

• Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1.) While you can never have too many pass rushers, we have Lawson, we have JJ, who we traded up to draft in the first round last year, we have Clemons, and we ended up taking a guy most people thought would go at the very end of the first, at best, with a top 15 pick.

2.) Being a 239 pound athletic speed freak in college will establish you as a good collegiate pass rusher.  In the pros, you will be obliterated by NFL sized offensive linemen.

3.) If Garrett Wilson goes down, we’re f*cked.

RRRRight. You wanted to pick a WR in the first round again? Gotcha. Tells me all I need to know. We don’t need a WR. We have multiple weapons and the ability to take a later slot receiver. Wilson/Lazard/Davis/Hardman/Breece/Carter/3 TEs - We have more weapons than Rodgers has ever had. The depth of the WRs in this draft is ridiculous. But of course you know this. An elite pass rusher is not obtainable later. We got one. 

Just now, Sammybighead said:

@Mogglez consider this. I think a lot of us are disappointed because we expected a certain position and are uses to the draft being our superbowl.

What if that's not the case in the near future? What if Rodgers signs a team friendly deal, gives us cap flexibility, and we can bring in really good free agents to set up a superbowl run because they want to play with AR?

It may be time to think differently and adjust are mindset. Teams that are win within a short window don't worry about draft picks.

I’m not really going to consider the idea of throwing away a top 15 selection.  Especially considering that we, likely, won’t have one next year.  JSN has the ability to be a top WR in the league.  Will McDonald will be around 29 when it’s time to make a decision on his 5th year option, if he isn’t traded away by then.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

RRRRight. You wanted to pick a WR in the first round again? Gotcha. Tells me all I need to know. We don’t need a WR. We have multiple weapons and the ability to take a later slot receiver. Wilson/Lazard/Davis/Hardman/Breece/Carter/3 TEs - We have more weapons than Rodgers has ever had. The depth of the WRs in this draft is ridiculous. But of course you know this. An elite pass rusher is not obtainable later. We got one. 

The fact that you are already calling McDonald an “elite pass rusher” tells me all I need to know.  The Jets could have drafted a punter and you’d fight tooth and nail to defend the pick.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

I’m not really going to consider the idea of throwing away a top 15 selection.  Especially considering that we, likely, won’t have one next year.  JSN has the ability to be a top WR in the league.  Will McDonald will be around 29 when it’s time to make a decision on his 5th year option, if he isn’t traded away by then.

JD got played...and BB put the nail in the coffin... It wouldn't surprise me if Bill saw the board and called the steelers to ask them to move up for cheap.

• Upvote 2