stop with the JSN hate

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Lacks twitch?  Weren't his agility numbers pretty great?  How do you judge "twitch?"  40 and jumps?  Looking above, I guess his 10 yard split kinda blows.  Does that indicate a lack of twitch or a bad start on that 40?  

Just going off the overview provided by www.nfl.com where they state he lacks "shake" and "long speed"

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I must say, I did not predict this bizarre, post-draft infatuation with JSN, a nice WR who is projected as a slot guy and didn't get picked until #20 overall. The vast majority of posters here wanted an OT or wanted to trade down. But I guess since the tackles were all of the board at 15 and JD decided not to trade down, JSN is now Tyreek Hill? Lucky Seahawks, I guess. 

The obsession isn't with the letters "JSN" . . . it's with the letters "WR".

Some people think the "best WR in the draft" automatically makes the guy an essential addition to the roster (especially with Rodgers here), regardless of how good he actually is/isn't, or what role he'd ultimately end up playing.

Time will tell who is right, but I'm pretty sure you could fill any name in and if he was considered "the best WR in the draft", you'd have people mad we didn't take him . . .

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, OCCH23 said:

The obsession isn't with the letters "JSN" . . . it's with the letters "WR".

Some people think the "best WR in the draft" automatically makes the guy an essential addition to the roster (especially with Rodgers here), regardless of how good he actually is/isn't, or what role he'd ultimately end up playing.

Time will tell who is right, but I'm pretty sure you could fill any name in and if he was considered "the best WR in the draft", you'd have people mad we didn't take him . . .

100% agree

People are obsessed with JSN because he was considered the best available WR in the draft. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

seriously reading some of the anti JSN threads I wonder if the haters actually watched the guy play

in 2021 he had over 1600 yards and 9 tds-he was the best WR on his team-who were the other two guys at wr there that year-Garett Wilson and Chris Olave. His season was the best in Ohio State's history 

on the biggest stage he had almost 350 yards and 3tds 

yes last year was injured(sometimes players do get hurt) but he is an elite WR-guys on here talking about how Hardman is the same or better is crazy-ask Garret Wilson what he thinks about JSN -

“Jaxon is as good as I’ve ever seen, probably the best I’ve ever seen,” Wilson said 

“Jaxon is the most natural athlete I’ve ever seen.”

JAXON, I MEAN HE'S EVERYTHING AND THEN SOME, FOR SURE."

Being like I am, I’m one of the people that, I feel like I’m the best on the field every time,” Wilson said. “I saw Jaxon for the time I was like, ‘OK.’ Jaxon, I mean he’s everything and then some, for sure.”

If you like Joe's first round pick(I think it was terrible ) that is fine but the hate about JSN is misguided and very inaccurate

Yet he still went later in his draft, in a weaker WR class, than Wilson & Olave ...Hmmm...He's now in Seattle. Who cares now except his agent.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KRL said:

A slot ONLY WR who lacks twitch shouldn't be a #1 pick.  If he was in last year's draft he would've been a 2nd

or 3rd round pick:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jaxon-smith-njigba/3200534d-4982-9636-a18c-5da6fbdaa80c

He got pushed up boards because the draft was weak

Missed 10 weeks or so with a "low grade hamstring" injury that was only supposed to be a couple of weeks thing.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Slats you are by far the easiest triggered mod on here. Your bias is showing 

If it’s any consolation, I think you’re the most adorable poster. 

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Better WR than JSN have been drafted later than #20. League is awash from elite WR's who went in 2nd round. Teams regularly bypass on elite talent.

Case in point ... Seattle took DK Metcalf in Round 2. ;-) 

I recall some people here wanting us to draft him in Round 1 that year.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

Then how and why did he last until #20?  Apparently there were a number of teams who don't agree with the JSN pre-draft advertisement above. 

I guess it will remain one of life's great mysteries.   

It’s going to be a lot of fun seeing guys here comparing the careers of JSN and Willy Mac the next 4-5 years.

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

seriously reading some of the anti JSN threads I wonder if the haters actually watched the guy play

in 2021 he had over 1600 yards and 9 tds-he was the best WR on his team-who were the other two guys at wr there that year-Garett Wilson and Chris Olave. His season was the best in Ohio State's history 

on the biggest stage he had almost 350 yards and 3tds 

yes last year was injured(sometimes players do get hurt) but he is an elite WR-guys on here talking about how Hardman is the same or better is crazy-ask Garret Wilson what he thinks about JSN -

“Jaxon is as good as I’ve ever seen, probably the best I’ve ever seen,” Wilson said 

“Jaxon is the most natural athlete I’ve ever seen.”

JAXON, I MEAN HE'S EVERYTHING AND THEN SOME, FOR SURE."

Being like I am, I’m one of the people that, I feel like I’m the best on the field every time,” Wilson said. “I saw Jaxon for the time I was like, ‘OK.’ Jaxon, I mean he’s everything and then some, for sure.”

If you like Joe's first round pick(I think it was terrible ) that is fine but the hate about JSN is misguided and very inaccurate

Eh your only about a week late with this.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

If he was the pick, I would’ve been fine with it. He wasn’t, and I’m fine with that, too. I’m excited at the premium athlete at the premium position over (at best) the next Wes Welker at #15 overall. 

image.jpeg

Jaxon Smith-Agility

4 hours ago, kmnj said:

Or maybe, while he's talented, he was very lucky to have two up and coming first round stars at WR to draw coverage which enabled him to feast that year. To be fair, I was calling for him to be the guy when pick 15 came around and was annoyed that they passed on him for another DE until I found out he was injured last year. It is what it is. Hopefully the need for WRs was overblown now that they have a HoF QB throwing the passes as opposed to the JAG or less quality last year.

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Slats you are by far the easiest triggered mod on here. Your bias is showing 

**** you, I'm the most easily triggered. @slats is the smuggest -- get it right.

I have a Most Easily Triggered Moderator plastic trophy at home to prove it, Jerky. It's right next to the ones I have for longest post, most posts read by nobody, and for successfully posting with the fewest number of chromosomes. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Jet fans trying to justify McDonald in all in year over jsn have hit the heights of stupidity 

you know it's not enough to be bale to score points. you have to be bale to stop the other team. AFC is full of good QBs. best way to stop those guys? great pass rush and great cornerbacks. we need a guy who can manufacture sacks....they must think mcdonald is that guy. he has the athletic profile and he has the college production. 

• Upvote 3