Just letting everyone know

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

The asteroid that will hit earth and kill all life on this planet can't come fast enough.

3 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

giantmeteor2024_823x.png?v=1645133716

Jupiter's layer of protection is arguably the biggest reason an extinction-level meteor hasn't happened more often.

If you guys want to make this happen, write your Congressmen with a call to declare war on and then nuke Jupiter.  

This is the Way. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, mrcoops said:

I have no idea what any of this is about.

Sometimes, it's good to live in blissful ignorance.

Will this be a long story? Will it have a happy ending? Will there be cold drinks? 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jupiter's layer of protection is arguably the biggest reason an extinction-level meteor hasn't happened more often.

If you guys want to make this happen, write your Congressmen with a call to declare war on and then nuke Jupiter.  

This is the Way. 

Ease your way in with something like the Galactic Earth Protection Act and you might get somewhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

I didn't know how I would get dragged into this amazing topic but I knew I would, somehow

as for the idea, DCat, men in the demographic of Jets fans don't read sh*t. Maybe 1 book about Joe Namath per year that someone gave them at Xmas

I need Young Adults, girls that are trying to get into college, women reading about Prince Harry's frozen ding dong, that's who reads books these days 

as for JDeets - Look, might be a total dickhead but At least I'm real 

Real Name - Real punchable Face -Same Profile 

It's very easy to be Mr "Everything is amazing" and then slink into the bushes when the crap hits the fan

This dude JDeets feels bad about it but most of the new posters and especially the very positive posters usually show up with an ulterior motive (like being Zach's cousin or Thomas Moreland's next-door neighbor) and they go away when the Jets inevitably Jets out and break our hearts 

this season the expectations are so high, and the hype is so huge we're probably going to get a dozen more JDeets before the HOF game

Sponsored by the Jets' marketing department

If my posts have a theme, it's this: Protect your heart. Harden it. Because it's going to be broken. Like it is every year 

^there is much truth here.  

14 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Just wanted to pop in here, to give a final thought. I shared some information with my brother (Jets SB). He obviously didnt give you all the information. First of all, yes, Jets SB is my brother. He didnt give you that tidbit. I am not sure why. We don't share a lot of the same beliefs and values. But he is my brother and as many of you know about family, although we might have different beliefs, we will always be family and nothing will ever change that. But it doesnt mean I am ok with him being an ass. And he is and he knows it. I think he said that my agent is his best friend. That would be truth. Unfortunately he didn't add the brother part.

He shared that I had a few issues here with someone that exposed me, after I shared information on CJ Mosely. I stand by what I said. Although this other Jet Nation member alerted some Jets brass about my post, I honestly don't care. He knows who I am. I never played for the Jets.  My standing with the NFL will not be effected by sharing a rumor in a forum and a threat from a nobody. And yes, this person that exposed me to them, is a complete nobody. He is a coward and he knows it.

I had no reason to even share that I played in the NFL. That was actually a mistake. I should have just come in here as a new poster and not said anything. I don't consider myself special or someone smarter or superior than anyone in this forum. I came here as a Jets fan. Unfortunately I revealed my background and that was my demise here.

Some think I am full of sh*t and not who I say I am.  I was actually considering coming to your Jet Nation gathering in September, just to introduce myself as a fellow Jets fan. Then maybe @Sperm Edwards and others can take what he thinks he knows about me, and go hide in a corner. Honestly, don't know if proving who I am, really matters. I just wanted to be part of a Jets fan community anonymously. That obviously didn't work.

Or maybe showing up and having a beer with some fans, would be fun. 

JDeet, Please continue to be a part of our group, and I hope you show up in September for the gathering.  I know this doesn't need to be said, but most people on this site, and most Jets fans are great people.  But, like in any large group, you have your losers and jerks.

That will never change, no matter what group of people you are talking about.  You just need to have a thick skin, because life is too short.  

As far as the fact that you were once an NFL player, that only adds to the dynamic of this group.  But, whether or not you played in the NFL, the fact is that every person, and every character that makes up JetsNation, just adds to the diversity of what the greatness of this site has to offer.  Unless you are Joe Namath or Joe Klecko, I will not be star struck by who you actually are. (I met Joe Klecko in a diner once, and told him that I loved him.  I told him in front of his wife, and he said that I shouldn't say that, because his wife will get jealous! lol)

Anyway, if you don't show up, it would unfortunately indicate that you allowed yourself to be bothered by some jerks.  I could care less what anyone thinks about me, or the posts that I post, because I am confident in what I have to say, and I wouldn't allow myself to be influenced by someone who doesn't like me, or what I want to say.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

I didn’t read any posts. Just figured I would chime in. I am pretty sure my brother got destroyed for posting this. And me too. Is what it is. Still don’t understand why he joined this hell in the first place.  I have no escape since I am addicted and dead in two years anyways.  

1 minute ago, JETS SB said:

I didn’t read any posts. Just figured I would chime in. I am pretty sure my brother got destroyed for posting this. And me too. Is what it is. Still don’t understand why he joined this hell in the first place.  I have no escape since I am addicted and dead in two years anyways.  

Dude why do you say that? Positive man, think positive.

Just now, JETS SB said:

IP check 

4 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

546d8decbb6799b4372b18e0520c645a.jpg

• Haha 1

I just want say one last thing.  Many years ago there was a Jets forum called the Green House.  One of the first forums involving Jet fans...some of those members are here under different handles.  I am one of them.  The late Savage69 belonged to that group.  I'll never forget this one poster who was new to the group said he played for the Dolphins and that he had been a Jets fan since like forever and wore a Jets T-shirt under his fins uniform.  He had a lot of the members on the forum believing that BS.  Me being the doubting Thomas, never fell for it.  There is a poster here who used the same handle on the Green House that fell for it, hook, line and sinker...I won't expose him...lol.  Bottom line, you just never know who the F you're dealing with.  Took me a long time (in my old age) to finally give in to the internet is nothing more than entertainment.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Jdeet said:

But he is my brother and as many of you know about family, although we might have different beliefs, we will always be family and nothing will ever change that. But it doesnt mean I am ok with him being an ass. And he is and he knows it. I think he said that my agent is his best friend. That would be truth. Unfortunately he didn't add the brother part.

One final question that's been irking my disdain for illogic.  Why in the world would you hire an agent whose best friend is a bonafide ass?  I'd imagine that doesn't bode well.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JETS SB said:

Here's to Aaron Rodgers providing you a ring in your remaining time.

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hey wtf -- enough with hijacking my attempted hijack of this thread.

Now get back to important matters at hand:

you sure 1990 was the last year? i searched every drafted player drafted in 1982 and retired in 1990 and none played for Detroit except for McNorton which you said it  was not.

so was he not drafted or did he not play for the Lions? 

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

you sure 1990 was the last year? i searched every drafted player drafted in 1982 and retired in 1990 and none played for Detroit except for McNorton which you said it  was not.

so was he not drafted or did he not play for the Lions? 

page 3, 2nd-last post :D

4 hours ago, JETS SB said:

I am pretty sure you know what’s happening. Or at least part of it. It’s part of life. I am pretty much ready. 

I heard things were good though. Hope you are doing well.

• Upvote 1