Let’s talk about Zach Wilson

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Prediction:  Zach goes 9 for 11, 1 TD, 0 INT against a bunch of UDFAs on a high school field in Canton and then we wake up Friday morning to new threads here like...

"Okay, I'm a believer in Zach now"

"Told you Rodgers would fix him!"

"QB Controversy says what?!?!?!"

lol

Eh. He can play well and we will hear “let’s see him do something when it’s not against guys who will be bagging groceries next week”

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Prediction:  Zach goes 9 for 11, 1 TD, 0 INT against a bunch of UDFAs on a high school field in Canton and then we wake up Friday morning to new threads here like...

lol

Inspiring Tim Tebow GIF by Home Free

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Zach Wilson gets the start in the glorified scrimmage that is the HOF game. A start usually reserved for 3rd string QB's. 

Kind of amazing thinking about us as a fanbase thinking of him 2 summers ago to now. It was a complete and utter disaster none of us expected. 

Hope he can start to rebound and maybe, just maybe develop into a serviceable back. My take? We are auditioning him for a trade. Time will tell. 

You tried. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

lol

Stop picking on @Hal and @Dunnie

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

lol

40A6E501-1B9F-4A66-ABED-CEBE8EDE780A.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Zach Wilson gets the start in the glorified scrimmage that is the HOF game. A start usually reserved for 3rd string QB's. 

Kind of amazing thinking about us as a fanbase thinking of him 2 summers ago to now. It was a complete and utter disaster none of us expected. 

Hope he can start to rebound and maybe, just maybe develop into a serviceable back. My take? We are auditioning him for a trade. Time will tell. 

i dont know what i judge more, this dumb ass post or the fact that i clicked into it.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

lol

I think most would be happy if he just consistently completed simple passes. That would be more progress in a few weeks than a couple years. No one is going to be pining for ZW to start, and by the time AR is done ZW will be somewhere else most likely. Hopefully only after JD fleeces someone.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Stop picking on @Hal and @Dunnie

I dont mind ... if Zach improves ill be happy ... I wont need to justify it in any way ... if he flames out after this year ...  I will be happy he got this shot to improve .

I expect if he shows improvement this year he will be extended on the cheap for 3 more years.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I think a lot of us saw Wilson coming.  I had him on my do not draft list. It went the way I expected. College sprint out QB. Not an NFL mindset. 

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

If he shows something, why trade him then?

The final chapter on zach hasnt been written yet but most likely in 2 years it will so lets see

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Keep in mind our new GM Aaron Rodgers is NOT spending all this time nurturing and helping Zack just so our Assistant GM Joe Douglas can ship him out for a 7th round 2026 draft pick.

Aaron has taken ZW under his wing in ways we rarely see in the NFL anymore and is trying hard to grow this kid. Nothing will happen to Z without Aarons approval. NO ONE is going to piss Aaron off at this stage in the game. Heck, Aaron may have agreed to such a huge pay cut to allow the Jets to keep both him and ZW around for the next year or two. Aaron has invested significantly in Z and wants Z to come out the other end a top QB under Aarons tutelage. Another huge feather in his cap....It's almost become Aaron's obsession. 

As the season rolls on, Aaron might even send ZW into real games, clean up spots, etc so AR can evaluate how his 1 on 1 personal training is going. Heck, Aaron my add "QB Whisperer" to his resume and land some sweet gig post football.

For me, we are doing a mulligan with ZW. His two first years are in the books, and we approached him all wrong. He was too young, to unsure of himself when it came to managing a real NFL offense. We gave him no 'Aaron Rodgers' to learn from for his first season.

But now, we are doing it right. It's almost like we drafted rookie ZW this draft AND picked up Aaron Rodgers in FA to play two years while our young ZW develops. Basically the way we should have done it from day one.

So yes, Aaron along with the rest of us fans will be watching ZW closely as he shows the world what AR has taught him.

But as long as ZW is receptive to AR's suggestions, and ZW takes his new knowledge and plays better and better, AR will hold onto Zack Wilson for however long he plays here. Zack has become Aaron's prodigy.

Book it.

I honestly can't tell how much of this is sarcasm and how much is your actual stance.

Zach has his chance to impress enough to get a Jordan Love type deal in a few years and he either will or won't do that.

I personally don't believe his brain works quick enough to be successful in the NFL, but I would be happy to be proven wrong and I'm rooting for him.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Let’s say AR plays for 3 years. Is Zach really gonna stick around for that long as a reclamation project? What kind of contract would he receive in that scenario? And then when Rodgers finally does retire would Zach be capable of handling the QB1 duties? A lot remains to be seen how his story plays out but I’m interested as hell watching him tomorrow night.

• Upvote 1

Let’s say AR plays for 3 years. Is Zach really gonna stick around for that long as a reclamation project? What kind of contract would he receive in that scenario? And then when Rodgers finally does retire would Zach be capable of handling the QB1 duties? A lot remains to be seen how his story plays out but I’m interested as hell watching him tomorrow night.
If Zach shows dramatic improvement he may get an extension next summer for 3 more years on the cheap.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The Jets could lock Zach up for all of those 3 years weather he likes it or not.  

When the Jets suck everyone plays full time GM.  But this season it’s not needed now.   I’ll wait to see how the season goes.   

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1