Jets Panthers game day thread..... Beautiful downtown Charlotte NC

Just now, T0mShane said:

Ehhhhhh it’s not likely they’ll do anything at QB, so it’s moot anyway, but Boyle’s floor and ceiling are the same. 

If the Jets bring in a QB before the season it will be a giant WTF after they sat doing nothing while better options got signed elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Great game all around.  What an assbeat.  Lets bring the same fire against the bucs.

Many think the preseason is meaningless. I strongly disagree.  Todays win and how we played means alot.  Its great for this team!!!

Who thinks it is “meaningless?”

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Great game all around.  What an assbeat.  Lets bring the same fire against the bucs.

Many think the preseason is meaningless. I strongly disagree.  Todays win and how we played means alot.  Its great for this team!!!

I don't think preseason is meaningless; I think preseason wins are meaningless. Last week, we 'won' the first half - don't particularly care about the 2nd half.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, David Harris said:

My obs:

I don’t think Zach will ever develop the consistent accuracy to make it.  I’m guessing he’s a career backup but someone will give him one more shot one day.

Mekhi is just not the same guy we saw his rookie year. Less athletic, less overpowering, less decisive. Some of its rust but he’s just a lesser version of himself IMO.

Max Mitchell continues to disappoint 

Rookies look good! 

BB may have screwed himself by letting us get Will McDonald. Kid is a hyper athletic freak with a motor.  But yes, our biggest holes are the 2 tackle spots. 

Tippmann looks very good. Not sure why he’s not even in the starting conversation- maybe due to AR’s comfort level (?)

Barnes looks like a future starter at LBer.

Haven’t seen if Carter Warner is out there at T, may have missed him.

Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

22 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Zach didn’t complete a pass beyond four yards from the line of scrimmage

The overthrow to Anikanda in the flat. The weird sidearm to Conklin that missed. Drive killers. Also didn’t lead Hardman enough in the end zone- he had a step.

He did have a 9 yard completion towards the end of the half to Erickson. Not a wow day but I thought he handled himself well enough.