The Jets cuts and notable cuts thread

Larz

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

People talk about the strangest things. If the Jets implode Saleh could be fair game conceivably. But even if the Jets implode Douglas isn't going anywhere.

The truth of the matter is, neither is going anywhere. This team is solid and has depth at most positions.

Fandom is a strange thing these days.

Yes and no. If the jets miss the playoffs with this roster something is off. Either the roster is not performing (coaches) or the roster wasn’t really that good, filled with mid tier aging guys (gm)

Missing the playoffs this year would turn the jets back into a laughing stock. Fair or not fair that’s the truth. And deservedly so

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

Not saying it WILL happen but we could play well our first 10 games and go 2-8. It's just insanely brutal. If we start losing it can all spiral out of control.  But the remaining 7 should all be winnable. If we can be 6-4 after 10 we might get the #1 seed. If we are 2-9 players may just bail and we finish 5-12

Schedule-Release-16x9

This is the hardest schedule I have seen them have in a long time

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

Not saying it WILL happen but we could play well our first 10 games and go 2-8. It's just insanely brutal. If we start losing it can all spiral out of control.  But the remaining 7 should all be winnable. If we can be 6-4 after 10 we might get the #1 seed. If we are 2-9 players may just bail and we finish 5-12

Schedule-Release-16x9

I think it’s really the first six that are especially brutal. Go 3-3 and things could go either way but you at least feel good about where things can go from there, 2-4 there’s some chance to bounce back, 1-5 and the season is cooked. And then of course 4-2 or better and the aspirations get pretty high.

The first three are a great check too. Two difficult but winnable games and then a team the Jets are more talented than but one that’s been a thorn in their side. Almost like a baseball count, heading into the Chiefs game at 2-1 will feel a whole lot different than heading into it at 1-2.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

JD's first 3 years on the job were an unmitigated disaster, it's just that so many around here fell in love for him from day one they have refused to admit it and made nothing but excuses.  At this point he's gotten to hang his hat on 2 picks in last year's top 10 and little else in the draft beyond that.

Drafts: Becton, A Davis, B Hall, Zach, AVT, Moore, M Carter I, M Carter II, Sherwood, Nasirildeen, Echols, Sauce, G Wilson, JJ, Breece,  Ruckert, Mitchell, M Clemons.  This year is TBT but McDonald, Tippman, Izzy, Barnes are all making the team and look like keepers.

Throw in FAs like Reed, Morestead, Greg the leg etc, UFAs and he’s brought in a lot of talent after the first 3 years and you have a Jets team now being a SB pick.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Yeah people on this site should be held accountable for on field performance

Oh stop with the dramatics Karen. You m know what I mean

That this fan base has a nat for letting things go. We don’t know what winning is so we don’t expect excellence 

I don't know why the preoccupation with Zach he's the backup and unless there's an injury he won't be taking meaningful snaps this season. And his future here is debatable. His contract will run out during Rodgers time here and questionable they would re-sign him. He's out of the picture as Jets starter. Is he qualified to be a backup in the NFL. I think the answer is yes, he's got 22 starts not all of them bad and compares favorably with other NFL backups. PS if you favor Boyle over Zach and he was better than Zach vs the Giants then if Zach is pressed to play this season and he sucks they will bench him like they did last year. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Schedule-Release-16x9

all i care about is that the big games are all at home. you cant be a good team and be scared of playing other good teams at home.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

So you’re saying he doesn’t have a reputation for finding talent in the draft?  Recently killing it FA?  He hasn’t been been great in trades? 

He’s been a top of the league GM since they let him rebuild the team? 

And his winning seasons show that.

• Thumb Down 3
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Yes and no. If the jets miss the playoffs with this roster something is off. Either the roster is not performing (coaches) or the roster wasn’t really that good, filled with mid tier aging guys (gm)

Missing the playoffs this year would turn the jets back into a laughing stock. Fair or not fair that’s the truth. And deservedly so

Anyone got any pretzels to munch on while we sift through these cuts and additions? Anyone?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

I think it’s really the first six that are especially brutal. Go 3-3 and things could go either way but you at least feel good about where things can go from there, 2-4 there’s some chance to bounce back, 1-5 and the season is cooked. And then of course 4-2 or better and the aspirations get pretty high.

The first three are a great check too. Two difficult but winnable games and then a team the Jets are more talented than but one that’s been a thorn in their side. Almost like a baseball count, heading into the Chiefs game at 2-1 will feel a whole lot different than heading into it at 1-2.

Yep, and we were starting 0-8 last year with an injured Zach, weren't we?  You guys give way too much credit to other teams - Pats stink, Bills are taking a step back, Cowboys aren't that good. Eagles and Chiefs will be the toughest games. Otherwise I can't see those teams wanting to go up against our D, Chiefs included. When you have a defense like ours you don't go on big losing streaks unless our offense is inept or injured. I feel like we'll have a much tougher time with Philly (as we always do) than with the Chiefs at home. I think we win that game. I can see us going 4-2 to start or 3-3. No worse than that. It helps we are home against the Bills the first game.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The AFC is tough. I think making the playoffs should be the minimum expectation but with Buffalo, Cleveland, Jax, Cinci, Baltimore, Pitt someone’s going to be on the outside looking in. 

the 7th spot is open.  plus not convinced on Pitt or Baltimore

• Upvote 2