Saleh: Becton starting Right Tackle

Lith

51 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Just goes to show you how clueless our beat reporters are. Literally have 0 inside knowledge of what’s going on 

Only when they say things you don’t like though, amirite?
I’ll bet when they agree with how you feel, you think they’re the best thing ever. 😉

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Only when they say things you don’t like though, amirite?
I’ll bet when they agree with how you feel, you think they’re the best thing ever. 😉

Lol our beat writers have embarrassed themselves many of times over the years. Manish, Costello, Cimini and now even Hughes all stink. Rosenblatt has been good however

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Lol our beat writers have embarrassed themselves many of times over the years. Manish, Costello, Cimini and now even Hughes all stink. Rosenblatt has been good however

Be fair, there wasn’t much good news for them to report that would have made you like them, was there?

I think you're right if you concentrate on Bechton because the potential just is so high. He's someone who if healthy could just keep getting better. And he's in good shape give him credit for it because he had a huge weight problem that stood in his way from the onset. I'm not positive about him staying on the field but if he does it's huge. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Jets would have saved money picking up Mekhi's 5th year option. But ironically them not picking it up might have been the final motivating factor that Mekhi needed.

Not ironic. Smart. This is a guy who is motivated externally. Keep the bag within view but just out of reach.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Not ironic. Smart. This is a guy who is motivated externally. Keep the bag within view but just out of reach.

I think Becton will still be our LT by next season. I can't  see the Jets extending Brown. Next year Becton will be LT and Max Mitchell hopefully gets his head out of his ass and becomes a starter. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Is anyone else terrified about this? Like this is way too high of a note for the Jets to start on and all I keep thinking is that the Jets are setting me up for an even harder kick in the balls. 

You’ll be fine. Can’t be worse than being a met fan 

• Sympathy 1

Is anyone else terrified about this? Like this is way too high of a note for the Jets to start on and all I keep thinking is that the Jets are setting me up for an even harder kick in the balls. 

Good thing at the end of the day it's only a sport and means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was supposed to be aloof, cliqueish, hostile to young players and churlish with the media, but it’s been the diametrical opposite here. Maybe it was just a consequence of Green Bay being a one-horse town where the Packers org controls the narrative, or maybe Rodgers is just consciously on his best behavior, but it’s been wild to watch

from him going on the mcafee show to walking into 1JD and talking about our lonely SB trophy to being with the team and involved in meetings and bonding to last nights nearly flawless performance.  IDK what else you can ask from the guy and I am not sure who else could do that.  The guy is better than I could have hoped for.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was supposed to be aloof, cliqueish, hostile to young players and churlish with the media, but it’s been the diametrical opposite here. Maybe it was just a consequence of Green Bay being a one-horse town where the Packers org controls the narrative, or maybe Rodgers is just consciously on his best behavior, but it’s been wild to watch

for you buddy, livin the dream

• Post of the Week 1

I for one would have guessed of all people you are way way too smart for that. You getting all emotional as you age? Might need to get you  T checked pal! 

11 hours ago, Lith said:

MNF against the Bills will be Becton's first regular season game in front of a crowd at home.  2020, his rookie season was with no crowds.  2021 he got hurt on the road in week 1.  Missed last year.

He has never played in front of a regular season crowd at Met Life.

Seriously? Man he’s in for a treat. Skipped the garbage to come back to an absolute zoo. Good for him

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rodgers on Becton. Seems to suggest the change has come about in the last month, which is interesting. Also, Rodgers being the team psychiatrist is another plot twist I did not see coming. 

IMG_4276.jpeg

As far as I'm concerned, he just won the comeback player of the preseason.  If he plays the way he is playing during the season, he will have my vote as comeback player of the NFL for the 2023 season.

People are different, and to me, I believe in treating people differently depending on their personality and needs.  As a manager of people for 23 years, I have always said that it's okay to treat people differently, just as long as you treat them all fairly.   

This will be a lightening rod of a statement, but I believe that Rodgers could be an NFL head coach if he wanted to one day.  He would never go in that direction in my opinion, but I could see it.

• Upvote 2