This Offense is not ready to hang with the big boys

Barton

15 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Yea but if Wilson gets hurt and all our RBs get hurt, then what?

Excluding Rodgers, Wilson, Hall, Cook and Lazard, this is the worse offense in the league.

/sarcasm

What if Kelce gets injured?

What if Diggs gets injured?

What if Hill gets injured?

I can keep going. If anyone loses there #1 receiving option they're not the threat they were

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Your big counter is the raiders were only 12th in passing?  A good running game is nice to have but it’s a passing league that’s why Brady, Mahomes, the Manning Bros have like 14 of the past 20 Super Bowl wins while Adrian Peterson, Ladainian Tomlinson and Dalvin Cook have 0

Bucs beat the chiefs in the SB by 22 points with a total of 195 passing yards and 145 rushing yards.  Mahomes was neutered in that game by good D.

Fornette has more TDs in that game than Mahomes. 

• Upvote 1

Here's the thing about the Jets. If your defense is as good as last year you only need to score 24 points a game and you'll be fine. Rodgers is more than capable of generating that.

I just looked up all the final scores for the Jets last season. 13 times (THIRTEEN!!!) your opponents scored less than 24 points (and in 3 of the ones where they did it was either 24 or 27 points). That's incredible in this day and age of the NFL. 

I also re-watched some of the first game against the Bills last season and seeing the amount of bad throws Zach made, it's amazing you won that game at all. Even on his worst day Rodgers won't make multiple throws like that so I think you're golden, and sadly I think the Bills lose week 1 and go on to lose the division

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To be fair to Barton, I heard an AFC East preview today and one of the Rodgers-hating, Jets-mocking hipsters said the Jets wouldn’t win because “outside of Garrett Wilson” the Jets skills guys “lack explosiveness.” In the next breath, he said the Bills are favorites because “they have Trent Sherfield” and Miami would be good because they “have weapons all over the place.” Braxton Berrios and River Cracraft are going to play significant snaps for Miami. Their top two backs are injured. Their starting TE is Durham Smythe

The Math Seems To Check Out! GIF - The House Will Ferrell The Math Seems To Check Out GIFs

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To be fair to Barton, I heard an AFC East preview today and one of the Rodgers-hating, Jets-mocking hipsters said the Jets wouldn’t win because “outside of Garrett Wilson” the Jets skills guys “lack explosiveness.” In the next breath, he said the Bills are favorites because “they have Trent Sherfield” and Miami would be good because they “have weapons all over the place.” Braxton Berrios and River Cracraft are going to play significant snaps for Miami. Their top two backs are injured. Their starting TE is Durham Smythe

There’s too much jet love so there’s a witch-hunt to offset it.  Funny how the patriots always managed to score w/o those amazing wrs.  They had a great TE and a qb who got rid of the ball quickly and rbs who could catch and run.  Go figure. 

• Upvote 1

I feel like they overloaded the offense with so many question marks that even if half of them pan out they'll be fine. Hall was arguably the MVP of the team when he went down, Cook seems to be injured and a terrible person but who knows, Lazzard seems like he checks out for late bloomer, at least one of these ******* TE's should in theory be good...etc. I don't know, at least one or two of these other schmucks has to work out other than Wilson. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

To be fair to Barton, I heard an AFC East preview today and one of the Rodgers-hating, Jets-mocking hipsters said the Jets wouldn’t win because “outside of Garrett Wilson” the Jets skills guys “lack explosiveness.”

Breece Hall and Mecole Hardman might have a thing or two to say about that.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Garrett Wilson makes out Wr group 'good' if anything happens to him we have the worst Wr group in the whole league.

The “worst” is a stretch however your point is well taken. Garrett Wilson cannot get hurt if we want to make a deep playoff run. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barton said:

The NFL champion the last 10+ years usually includes an offense that had to win multiple high scoring shootouts during the regular season to win their division and often another shootout during the postseason to advance to the Super Bowl. Right now this team is built more like the Seahawks or Ravens teams that have won in the last 12 years. Led by the defense and good enough QB play but with a substandard supporting cast on offense. My point? The talent on offense is lacking right now around Rodgers. Garrett Wilson is the only receiver he can count on to get open fairly consistently. JD needs to add more firepower. 

Did the last 10 SB champions all have appreciably better skill position players than us? I'm not so sure. 

Some of them certainly did, but consider last year's Chiefs, the 2018 Patriots, the 2016 Patriots, the 2014 Patriots, the 2012 Ravens . . . 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, KINGDIRK said:

The “worst” is a stretch however your point is well taken. Garrett Wilson cannot get hurt if we want to make a deep playoff run. 

"How to Turn Hyperbole Into a Reasonable Take"

This place would probably be boring if everyone did it, but thank you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Garrett Wilson makes out Wr group 'good' if anything happens to him we have the worst Wr group in the whole league.

Kind of true. We may have top 5 number 1, but our 2,3,4 are quite step away from 1. I know he was a cry baby, but we “ gave away “ what could have been top #2 WR in nfl in E Moore. Cleveland seems very happy with him. Should have got more than we did for him. 

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/kevin-stefanski-sees-no-shortage-of-ways-browns-can-deploy-elijah-moore

• Upvote 2

Just now, slimjasi said:

Did the last 10 SB champions all have appreciably better skill position players than us? I'm not so sure. 

Some of them certainly did, but consider the last year's Chiefs, the 2018 Patriots, the 2016 Patriots, the 2014 Patriots, the 2012 Ravens . . . 

Well there's nothing odd about that list...

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Some of them certainly did, but consider last year's Chiefs, the 2018 Patriots, the 2016 Patriots, the 2014 Patriots, the 2012 Ravens . . . 

It’s amazing how the best qbs can make average wrs look good.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Barton said:

The NFL champion the last 10+ years usually includes an offense that had to win multiple high scoring shootouts during the regular season to win their division and often another shootout during the postseason to advance to the Super Bowl. Right now this team is built more like the Seahawks or Ravens teams that have won in the last 12 years. Led by the defense and good enough QB play but with a substandard supporting cast on offense. My point? The talent on offense is lacking right now around Rodgers. Garrett Wilson is the only receiver he can count on to get open fairly consistently. JD needs to add more firepower. 

Insane how much misery is congealed into your whole body... You SOFJ fans need to take a break from the sorrow and heart ache that has ripped apart your souls... 

Please go outside and take the next week off... The ridiculousness of the crying is out of control... This has the chance to be the best Jets team I have ever watched I 50 years and so many are whining over backups... Not even starters... 

Please please please can we get hyped up for the next week rather than be told everything you feel is wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

It’s an unpopular take, but yeah the WR corps outside of GW is not exactly championship caliber.

Cobb is ancient, Lazard is a JAG-type who happens to benefit from chemistry with Rodgers.

Unless they have some contingency plan with a Davante deal, the passing game will live and die with GW’s health and production.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Like you said this team is built like the Seahawks and Ravens.  They both won the SB with this type of team. And I would say the Jets have a way better QB than either of those teams did.  Along with better RB's. This team needs more, but has enough to win a SB. 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Apart from Allen and Diggs the Bills have not had any weapons offensively. Davis is a mediocre number 2 WR, Knox is a middling TE, Allen has never had a truly good RB behind him.

This year Cook might be the answer at RB and Kincaid might be the answer at TE and Sherfield should be a better number 3 to what we had last year but until they show that I don't see any reason to think the Bills are above the Jets or Dolphins.

I actually see the division winner coming down to whichever offensive line does the best. The Phins, Jets and Bills all have suspect lines so we'll see which one holds up the best

• Upvote 1