This Offense is not ready to hang with the big boys

Barton

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Same number as Devonte Adams and DeAndre Hopkins. This is a stupid game to play.

Randy Moss

Terrell Owens 

Calvin Johnson 

Chris Carter 

Tim Brown 

Chad Johnson 

Steve Largent 

Brandon Marshall 

Wayne Chrebet 

I guess WRs aren’t important, after all!!!!

#JetNationLogic 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

How on earth did that get a thumbs down? It is well known that it takes 9-12 months to recover from the initial injury and another year to get back to pre-injury shape, if the player ever even gets back to pre-injury shape. Breece probably won't look totally like himself until 2024 season, if even then. 

Because it isn’t anywhere near as cut and dry as you are making it seem. It depends on the individual player and the nature of the injury, itself (not all torn ACLs are created equally). Two things working in Breece’s favor are: 1) It was supposedly a relatively minor tear and 2) It happened relatively early in the year (week 7). 

will Breece be Adrian Peterson (a quick return to form) or Saquon Barkley (took a full extra year to look like himself)? Only time will tell. We won’t have an idea until we see Breece in action. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Or Garrett Wilson is Top 5 and those guys are top 30 at best.. Lazard is CD replacement.. And who knows with these 2 UDFA... Cobb was an UDFA and Driver was a 7th rounder so we don't know what these guys can become

Lazard is a lesser version of Corey Davis and hardman is a gadget guy. Cobb is 85 years old and the rest of the corps are UDFAs.

I hope one of the UDFAs explodes. i'd bet on Gipson of the 3. I don't count on it and think it's pretty likely we'll be making a move for an accomplished WR at some point.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Lazard is a lesser version of Corey Davis and hardman is a gadget guy. Cobb is 85 years old and the rest of the corps are UDFAs.

I hope one of the UDFAs explodes. I don't count on it and think it's pretty likely we'll be making a move for an accomplished WR at some point.

Aaron Rodgers had adams and nobody's for years... The jets have a better overall team.. 

A top 5 wr trumps a team with a top 20-30 wr and 5 more top 50 wrs. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Aaron Rodgers had adams and nobody's for years... The jets have a better overall team.. 

A top 5 wr trumps a team with a top 20-30 wr and 5 more top 50 wrs. 

To be clear I think our offense will be good to very good and disagree with the premise of the thread.

I just think it we're comparing wr corps ours is very weak beyond Wilson.

7 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

There’s too much jet love so there’s a witch-hunt to offset it.  Funny how the patriots always managed to score w/o those amazing wrs.  They had a great TE and a qb who got rid of the ball quickly and rbs who could catch and run.  Go figure. 

And they cheated their azzes off every game!!!  
Cheatriots is a real thing.

• Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, Barton said:

The NFL champion the last 10+ years usually includes an offense that had to win multiple high scoring shootouts during the regular season to win their division and often another shootout during the postseason to advance to the Super Bowl. Right now this team is built more like the Seahawks or Ravens teams that have won in the last 12 years. Led by the defense and good enough QB play but with a substandard supporting cast on offense. My point? The talent on offense is lacking right now around Rodgers. Garrett Wilson is the only receiver he can count on to get open fairly consistently. JD needs to add more firepower. 

This guy gets it

if aaron, wilson or sauce go down we are doomed for eternity…… well its at a 15 year set back minimum. 

jd failed to build this team the right way but enjoy your last week and a half of misguided glee

better chances of a meteor crashing into earth than making the playoffs. A meteor….. yea thats another thing my double ceiling will help with

• Post of the Week 1
  • En Fuego 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I hope one of the UDFAs explodes. i'd bet on Gipson of the 3. I don't count on it and think it's pretty likely we'll be making a move for an accomplished WR at some point.

I think Brownlee will end up being  the best of the rest.  He isn't feeling it yet at this level but I expect him to blossom once he has one or two decent games in the books.  Rogers will know what is needed here.

3 hours ago, Facts said:

Is it 2020 or 2021? Did I wake up from my afternoon nap and we went 3 years back in time? Doc, is that you? Where’s Marty!?

Both years. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Facts, and what not. 

Again, Facts, you were hot and bothered how Zach Wilson was IT. If so, why is Aaron Rodgers here? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Barton said:

3rd and 8, season on the line…… Rodgers drops back…..Wilson is double covered…… uh oh. Throw the ball to Lazard who runs like a tight end. Yikes. 

What other failed dream play do you think means anything to anyone?

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Acquiring team incurs $13 million cap charge this year, but has to give him a new deal moving forward. 30 years old, coming off a subpar season, but some of that is attributable to Brady selfishly trying to avoid injury. 

Coincidentally, this video popped up on Google when I was looking for the contract info. Evans talking about being unselfish and sacrificing personal goals to help the team win:

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Lazards stats are way better than CD's over the last two years. 

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Acquiring team incurs $13 million cap charge this year, but has to give him a new deal moving forward. 30 years old, coming off a subpar season, but some of that is attributable to Brady selfishly trying to avoid injury. 

Saw that he’s looking for a deal similar to Kupp (3/$80M). I can’t see anyone giving him anywhere near that.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

No thanks, unless he just wants to escape Mayfield / Trask and compete for something and is willing to play out his contract without an extension.

A long-term commitment to a 30-year old WR isn’t ideal, but maybe JD can work some magic here.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Coincidentally, this video popped up on Google when I was looking for the contract info. Evans talking about being unselfish and sacrificing personal goals to help the team win:

Baker Mayfield is so bad

Kyle Trask might even be better 

That’s how bad the QB situation is in Tampa

And Bowles is a bottom-5 HC

15 hours ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

Here's the thing about the Jets. If your defense is as good as last year you only need to score 24 points a game and you'll be fine. Rodgers is more than capable of generating that.

I just looked up all the final scores for the Jets last season. 13 times (THIRTEEN!!!) your opponents scored less than 24 points (and in 3 of the ones where they did it was either 24 or 27 points). That's incredible in this day and age of the NFL. 

I also re-watched some of the first game against the Bills last season and seeing the amount of bad throws Zach made, it's amazing you won that game at all. Even on his worst day Rodgers won't make multiple throws like that so I think you're golden, and sadly I think the Bills lose week 1 and go on to lose the division

I'd add that the defense will most likely be better this year than last for a few reasons, one of them being the offences' time of possession will be greater.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Bugg said:

Both years. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Facts, and what not. 

Again, Facts, you were hot and bothered how Zach Wilson was IT. If so, why is Aaron Rodgers here? 

It’s actually a sign of the Jets confidence in Zach as a future star, dontcha know??

#Fucts

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Barton said:

Mike Evans is the exact guy they should get. 30 yrs old is fine. This team might only have a 2-3 yr window with Rodgers anyways,

Was pounding the table for it but bucs restructured him and it would be financially much more challenging to move him now

39 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I'd add that the defense will most likely be better this year than last for a few reasons, one of them being the offences' time of possession will be greater.  

They may give up more yards and points but I expect their turnovers and sacks to go waaaaaay up 

• Upvote 2

I haven't read every response, but I think it's completely off-track to compare teams by isolating receivers and comparing them as a unit. It's much more accurate to consider the receivers and QB as the unit. Not what might work on a roster sheet, but it's the reality. The Steelers' receivers can't be assessed without asking who is throwing to them. Is Kenny Pickett on the level of Aaron Rodgers? There are only a few teams that boast a QB of the caliber of Rodgers, even with his age. Great QB's lift the level of the their receivers. Not rocket science, but we all know it's true. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2