50 years of futility...I'm done with the NYJ

11 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

I am switching my allegience to a team that is consistency intelligently managed, has drafted well over the decades, and has had a ton of players I've really liked.  I guess its kind of ironic the account name I picked, since I will no longer be a fan of the team.

Which team I will be giving my support for moving forward doesn't matter from your perspective, I just have too many other frustrating things going on in my life to absorb this BS from the NYJ any longer. They are literally the WAS Generals of the NFL. Good luck to all of you.

And if/when your new team wins, it will mean almost nothing to you.

Good luck out there.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The game Vinny achilies exploded the Jets lost to New England.   This game the jets won.  Not sure why you want to give up on the Jets when they have a winning record?    Seems like there were a lot of better exit points than today.  

This thread is the result of someone who puts too much value on rooting for men throwing a ball around

8 hours ago, bonkertons said:

I'm sure this was already mocked, I didn't have the heart to read the whole thread, but...."I'm done with this team" posted by "Jetsfan_always"

...you gotta respect it.

I remember last year someone made the exact same type of post.  But at the very end the guy wrote something like "I'll see you next week".

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

Einstein said insanity is repeating the same task repeatedly and expecting different results. That is a pure description of the NYJ and its management.

Watching last night's game I even said to my wife when it started: "I hope we don't see another Testaverde situation", as we were watching that game in 1999 live and saw the team's SB hopes go down the drain with an over-the-hill QB getting injured, down for the season. Sure enough - it happened again.

The NYJ should never have been in this situation, they have wasted so many top-5 picks in the last 5-7 years on bad choices, especially at QB. That AR got injured was just a deserved kick in the face to the owner, who is a clueless tool, and the rest of his management team.

After enduring this garbage for over 50 years, from the Marino fake spike, picking O'Brien over Marino in the draft, losing to CLE in 1987 after being up 20-10 with 4 min left, Marvin Jones fiasco, Mud Bowl fiasco, and so many other really frustrating, crushing events tied to this team, I am now announcing to the World (who of course does not care, but I need to get it off my chest) that I am no longer following the team or a fan of it.

Following a pro sports team is meant to bring excitement and joy, and outside one or two years in the past 40, it has just been an unbearable ride for too many seasons. Did I mention Rich Kotite?

As one gets older, they realize that there is more road behind than ahead, and I'd rather spend my last few years on this earth rooting for a team that is not so badly run, and move on. I hope things eventually turn around for the team, I really do, and I admire those of you who have been fans as long as I have and are still willing to stick with them - I just can't. If they do someday win a title, it'll be that much sweeter for a team that has been a league doormat for a long, long time.

I am switching my allegience to a team that is consistency intelligently managed, has drafted well over the decades, and has had a ton of players I've really liked.  I guess its kind of ironic the account name I picked, since I will no longer be a fan of the team.

Which team I will be giving my support for moving forward doesn't matter from your perspective, I just have too many other frustrating things going on in my life to absorb this BS from the NYJ any longer. They are literally the WAS Generals of the NFL. Good luck to all of you.

Yeah, but are you really. I keep saying the same, but your team is your team.

20 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

Einstein said insanity is repeating the same task repeatedly and expecting different results. That is a pure description of the NYJ and its management.

Watching last night's game I even said to my wife when it started: "I hope we don't see another Testaverde situation", as we were watching that game in 1999 live and saw the team's SB hopes go down the drain with an over-the-hill QB getting injured, down for the season. Sure enough - it happened again.

The NYJ should never have been in this situation, they have wasted so many top-5 picks in the last 5-7 years on bad choices, especially at QB. That AR got injured was just a deserved kick in the face to the owner, who is a clueless tool, and the rest of his management team.

After enduring this garbage for over 50 years, from the Marino fake spike, picking O'Brien over Marino in the draft, losing to CLE in 1987 after being up 20-10 with 4 min left, Marvin Jones fiasco, Mud Bowl fiasco, and so many other really frustrating, crushing events tied to this team, I am now announcing to the World (who of course does not care, but I need to get it off my chest) that I am no longer following the team or a fan of it.

Following a pro sports team is meant to bring excitement and joy, and outside one or two years in the past 40, it has just been an unbearable ride for too many seasons. Did I mention Rich Kotite?

As one gets older, they realize that there is more road behind than ahead, and I'd rather spend my last few years on this earth rooting for a team that is not so badly run, and move on. I hope things eventually turn around for the team, I really do, and I admire those of you who have been fans as long as I have and are still willing to stick with them - I just can't. If they do someday win a title, it'll be that much sweeter for a team that has been a league doormat for a long, long time.

Let me know if you want me to change your screen name to jetfan-not anymore. I checked, it’s not taken. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

22 hours ago, Jetsfan_always said:

I won't quit this team. I've also been a fan for over 50 years - all the way back to the days of the Titans. It's been painful most of the time, no doubt. Rodgers going down on Monday night was devastating. And then we picked ourselves up and kicked the Bills and their franchise QB in the teeth. It was one of the most inspiring Jet victories that I can remember. This is a great team put together by a good GM. Saleh has built a kick-ass defense. And they are still learning. This is not the same old Jets my friend. Take a look at that roster and you'll be forced to admit that Douglas & company have totally rebuilt this team. Mistakes have been made; no organization is perfect. But this is a team fit to compete for the Super Bowl - a team that just a few years ago had one of the worst rosters (the worst?) in the league. Give it a week or two - think about the Wilson TD catch (unbelievable) - Breece Hall making it look easy as he glides for an 80-yard run - Gipson with as clutch a return as you'll ever see - the Williams brothers wreaking havoc, D J Reed all over the field, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. A great team effort from a great bunch of guys. Don't give up on them. They didn't give up. 

• Upvote 3

On 9/12/2023 at 11:53 PM, Jetsfan_always said:

Oh stick around. Just change your screen name to Jetsfan_nevermore. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldjetman said:

I won't quit this team. I've also been a fan for over 50 years - all the way back to the days of the Titans. It's been painful most of the time, no doubt. Rodgers going down on Monday night was devastating. And then we picked ourselves up and kicked the Bills and their franchise QB in the teeth. It was one of the most inspiring Jet victories that I can remember. This is a great team put together by a good GM. Saleh has built a kick-ass defense. And they are still learning. This is not the same old Jets my friend. Take a look at that roster and you'll be forced to admit that Douglas & company have totally rebuilt this team. Mistakes have been made; no organization is perfect. But this is a team fit to compete for the Super Bowl - a team that just a few years ago had one of the worst rosters (the worst?) in the league. Give it a week or two - think about the Wilson TD catch (unbelievable) - Breece Hall making it look easy as he glides for an 80-yard run - Gipson with as clutch a return as you'll ever see - the Williams brothers wreaking havoc, D J Reed all over the field, turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. A great team effort from a great bunch of guys. Don't give up on them. They didn't give up. 

I thought I was one of the older Jets fans here. I go back to when the Jets transitioned to Shea. Don’t remember when they were the Titans. This post is very cool. Makes me think of this tearjerker. 

This guy emailed the site asking for his account to be deleted. Yeah, we don't do that.

• Haha 1

Ok, this was bad. I don’t  think the game script could have gone much worse, but you are ignoring the positives here. Yes, it is very likely this team finishes at the bottom of the AFCE but the team showed no quit. They played hard for 60 minutes plus the OT. Zach actually wasn’t  horrible and I hate Zach. I am willing to wait and see what Hackett can do with Zach. I think with Hall and Cook, this team go run first and pass when you have to and with Halls home run ability, that isn’t a bad thing. I also think we will have a shot at a QB in the next draft. 

If you really think about it, the Bills and the possibly the Fins are in worse places. Each appears to have found a FQB but for the last 3 season, Allen has led the league in turnovers and he has had some pretty good competition from players like Daniel Jones and Tua as good as he plays is literally  one hit away from having to retire. Zach took a violent helmet to helmet hit against the Bills. If that was Tua, he would be in concussion protocal. 

My point is, this game gives us glory, gives us hope, and rips your guts out. It isn’t  something that you need to live and die by. Am I upset? Yes, I am. I feel cheated. I was looking forward to this season like the rest of us, but I am willing to see where it leads. 

• Haha 1

So what new SN did you create? 

the more i think about the op's take the more it simply does not add up to me.

he is a fan for 50 years. He witnessed just to mention a few Lam Jones, Blair Thomas, Roger Vick, Lou Holtz (songs anyone) Walt getting fired (ok  he drank a bit but we were a winning team) and my all time favorite Leon looking into the camera stating he wanted a diciplanarion and hiring a buffoon - yet Rodgers suffering an injury which simply can't be prevented is what set him over the cliff?

Something is off