NY Jets vs Dallas Cowboys - Week 2 : The Official Game Thread

Maxman

Problem with this game is it likely hinges on Zach having a better game than he did last week. He has to be a playmaker in this game and do more than push the ball down the field only a few times. He has to be better than just ok. He isn't the backup anymore, the bar is higher now. Dallas gameplanned for Zach this time. If Zach plays the way he didast game, I doubt it will be good enough this time. He needs to have more than just a good game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

Problem with this game is it likely hinges on Zach having a better game than he did last week. He has to be a playmaker in this game and do more than push the ball down the field only a few times. He has to be better than just ok. He isn't the backup anymore, the bar is higher now. Dallas gameplanned for Zach this time. If Zach plays the way he didast game, I doubt it will be good enough this time. He needs to have more than just a good game.

It's just a bad matchup for us. Zach sucks against pressure and Dallas brings pressure maybe better than any team in the league. We need to have success running the ball and play great on defense to win this.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, funaz said:

I don’t understand how people can have any confidence what so ever in this game or really any of the next 5 games.

The season is over. Our defense is good but will not cause 4 turn overs every game. We won’t cause any most of the time and will loose the turnover battle consistently and zach simply cannnot lead Td leading drives.

Canes will look like the score is close for a while but everyone will know that eventually the defense will break.

Look at the Bills game, the defense ALWAYS allows the other team to score at the end of the half and end of the game

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

^^ fun az a colonoscopy

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's just a bad matchup for us. Zach sucks against pressure and Dallas brings pressure maybe better than any team in the league. We need to have success running the ball and play great on defense to win this.

Not to mention the OL isn't exactly a top-tier group, especially in the passing game.

Here are my picks for today

Jets win and beat spread -  because I am Sick in head

Raiders beat Buff - because I hate Buff

Cin beats Bal - because I want them both 1-1 for AFC race

KC beats Jax - because I want them both 1-1 for AFC race

LAC and TN - who cares

ATL beats GB - because I want them to implode for selfish reasons

Sea beats Det - because DET getting too cocky

Ind and Hous - who cares

Chi and TB - who cares

Ari beats Gints - because I want them to implode for selfish reasons

Lar beast SF - because I dont want SF to run away with it

Wash beats Dev - because Keep My ******* Coach Name Out Your Mouth

Ne beast Mia - this is hard one for sure but I want MIA taken down a notch

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Still don’t understand why “Zach is the guy.” He is not a pro QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The truth is for all of the talk otherwise, you don't ever find a good QB available in week 2 of the regular season.  JD would rather gamble on his #2 overall pick than wave the white flag on him and just go with whatever known career JAG might be out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, EM31 said:

I am just not buying the that the Cowboys are THAT good.  They had a nice win last week but that win was put on steroids by rain, a slippery ball and a Giants team that is simply incapable of playing the come from behind role.  Dallas are a good team with a top-3 defensive front but the offense is not KC or Buffalo or Miami for that matter.  The Cowboy Defensive front may be better than the 49'ers and the jets but I personally opt for our depth in that department.

I believe that the Jets defensive front will win the battle against the Dallas offensive line so long as Zach does not put them onto the field all day long.  Strange as it sounds we need first downs on offense almost as much as we need the points that those may eventually lead to.

The Cowboys coaches watch tape as a well and they will overcommit to the stopping the Run.  Everybody does against Zach for one single reason.  It works.  The Dallas defensive game plan probably looks something like this

1. Cheat towards the run, no gain,
  2. Cheat towards the run, no gain,
  3. Tee off on the 3rd and long pass and maybe get a pick (but be ready for the draw play)

....Simply put, Hackett and Zach will need to figure out how complete one or two passes early or we may be toast.  Lazard or one of the TEs need to step up and be part of the solution here,

People are still underestimating our defense and today is a good day to show how good they are.

21-10 Jets

Very True.  I think some seem scared because of the 40-0 beat down to the Giants BUT let’s be honest the Giants were so bad that game that even an average high s hill team probably would’ve kicked ass against them lol

25 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I certainly won't hold it against Zach at all for trying to do what he can to be "the guy" now, it's a good mindset, but in the end we all know it will start and end with what he ends up doing on the field.

Absolutely.  At the end of the day you have to produce.  However I do like his mindset this year.  He admitted that last year his confidence was shot and had a humbling experience.  Ever since Rodgers had come here he had taken advantage of his knowledge.  Now obviously he expected to watch this year but he sees this as an opportunity to earn trust back.  As horrible as the Rodgers injury is if ZW can take that next step it would lessen the sting 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

SMH

Unbelievable they are banking on ZW not only being good and staying healthy.

They are one Micah Parsons hit away from the Tim Boyle era.

You make it sound like the Tim Boyle era would be a marked downgrade from the Zach Wilson era.

I can't believe I have to watch this bum play football for four months. Crazy that 75% of Jets fans are in denial about how much he sucks, even though they've watched every snap the last two years and know that boy can't play football

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1