--- Jets vs Broncos # The Game Thread ---

Robert

The negs on this game for the Jets are obviously number one the altitude in Denver. It's an away game Denver is coming off of a W and they have a better HC. But let's hope the Jets despite a loss last week have more confidence and that Zach and the game plan can live up to it. And we have the better defense. But they'll have to keep a lid on Jeudy who will get his yards. Jets 24 Denver 20. 

5 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Wilson's performance by far outweighs having a "W" in this game.  Was last week a fluke, or did we witness something unexpected and very unlikely ???

There is no W if he doesn't step up.  I was always pulling for him.  Then, there came a point where I had to face the reality of the situation.  The skill and athleticism was always there, but I had finally succumbed to the fact that the vision (seemingly) would never develop.  Prove us wrong Zach.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Has it really finally “clicked”? 

it’s so crazy that we can’t say we know what we got in the kid, but this game will tell a ton. 

We know even at his best he leaves quite a few points on the board, so I’m still comfortable at this time in declining the 5th year option and planning on moving on at the end of his rookie deal.  

But for the moment, his improved play might at least allow us to stay the course rather than adding any more QBs to the room.  Provided he really is improved and doesn’t backslide this week and next…

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We know even at his best he leaves quite a few points on the board, so I’m still comfortable at this time in declining the 5th year option and planning on moving on at the end of his rookie deal.  

But for the moment, his improved play might at least allow us to stay the course rather than adding any more QBs to the room.  Provided he really is improved and doesn’t backslide this week and next…

The 5th year option is not even an option. Anyone thinking otherwise is insane. Even if he strings a few good games together. It’s too little too late and you can’t commit that kind of money to him. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or he plays well enough to elevate his trade value to a 2nd+ that we use to draft the next development future-bust.

So Excited Flirting GIF

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Three words:

Long

Term

Deal

• Haha 1