Guys, even Mark Sanchez thinks Zach sucks

Jetsfan80

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Really?  I didn't know you were Nostradamus.  

I take back everything I was going to say, since you already know it anyway.

So, I presume then, since it is a team game, those three losses weren't all on Zach, since, well....you win as a team and you lose as a team.  Right?

^^^ Says the guy who creates hypotheticals wherein Davis Mills wouldn’t work out here. 

Put it this way:  Zach has only been a top 3-5 reason we’ve won a game maybe once or twice in his career (and I might be being generous here).  Meanwhile, he’s been a top 3-5 reason for nearly every one of his losses.  Prove me wrong there.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

More than 3x as many 90+ QB Rating games in his career than Zach, for a far weaker team.  

No one who defends Zach should be laughing at any QB not named Luke Falk or Christian Hackenberg.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• Thumb Down 1

I’m going to share a story, with some info I’ve never dropped before, that I shared with the members at the tailgate today.

Geno Smith - very hard worker.  He was just immature.  Finally grew up, and you’re seeing what he could have been.  It took him 10 years, but Geno arrived.

Sam Darnold - raw prospect, who was a very hard worker, but came into an awful situation and was broken, developing horrible habits along the way.  May not be mentally strong enough to overcome these bad habits.  That being said, he’s quietly impressed and improved in SF, and there is some hope within their org. they can flip him at the deadline for a decent pick based on word of mouth and demand.

Zach Wilson - raw prospect who works his absolute ass off.  Might just never put it together, but it’s not for lack of physical talent or work ethic.

Mark Sanchez?   The quote: “The dude stopped caring about putting real work into football after the 2010-2011.  “Immature.  Aloof.  More concerned about broadway and dating than film study. He thought he had already made it, and Rex’s loosely run ship enabled his laziness.“

Sanchez may have had the most success in his tenure.  For that I’m thankful.  However, I will never hold him in the same regard of the other players we have tried to make it work with.  Sanchez had beautiful mechanics, perfect footwork, solid ball placement, more than enough arm, and he crowned himself the next Namath and stopped caring.  That is infuriating and I don’t really care what he thinks.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Should be at least 4-2, the KC game was blatantly Stolen.  Wilson straight up outplays first ballot HOFer Mahomes.  Also I saw stats where his play in the last 3 games puts him at around 17th in the NFL.  A substantial leap from his first 2 years.  This is the first time playing you’ve seen him him plant, step and fire instead of being a total basket case once the ball is snapped.

Today vs Philly was almost Stolen, that was no TD they gave Philly first drive.  Also that was no catch Brown made at a critical point in the game.

The Dallas game was actually competitive for 3 quarters, with non stop jail breaks coming at Wilson all game.

Wilson is now WALKING, when most thought he could barely crawl, let’s see if he starts Running ie blow outs coming with this D vs teams that were NOT in last years Super Bowl.

I agree with all 4 copies of this post!  LOL

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Says the guy who creates hypotheticals wherein Davis Mills wouldn’t work out here. 

Put it this way:  Zach has only been a top 3-5 reason we’ve won a game maybe once or twice in his career (and I might be being generous here).  Meanwhile, he’s been a top 3-5 reason for nearly every one of his losses.  Prove me wrong there.

You're right Jetsfan80.  Davis Mills will work out great here.  TRULY is amazing how he isn't a starter on most teams. 

That should end this nonsense.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’m going to share a story, with some info I’ve never dropped before, that I shared with the members at the tailgate today.

Geno Smith - very hard worker.  He was just immature.  Finally grew up, and you’re seeing what he could have been.  It took him 10 years, but Geno arrived.

Sam Darnold - raw prospect, who was a very hard worker, but came into an awful situation and was broken, developing horrible habits along the way.  May not be mentally strong enough to overcome these bad habits.  That being said, he’s quietly impressed and improved in SF, and there is some hope within their org. they can flip him at the deadline for a decent pick based on word of mouth and demand.

Zach Wilson - raw prospect who works his absolute ass off.  Might just never put it together, but it’s not for lack of physical talent or work ethic.

Mark Sanchez?   The quote: “The dude stopped caring about putting real work into football after the 2010-2011.  “Immature.  Aloof.  More concerned about broadway and dating than film study. He thought he had already made it, and Rex’s loosely run ship enabled his laziness.“

Sanchez may have had the most success in his tenure.  For that I’m thankful.  However, I will never hold him in the same regard of the other players we have tried to make it work with.  Sanchez had beautiful mechanics, perfect footwork, solid ball placement, more than enough arm, and he crowned himself the next Namath and stopped caring.  That is infuriating and I don’t really care what he thinks.

It is noteworthy that literally every former QB who watches a Zach Wilson game describes the experience with outright disgust. Whether it’s Aikman, Romo, the Mannings, Kurt Warner, and now even Jets homer Mark Sanchez, the theme is the same. I’ll take the opinion of the dudes who played the position over that of @SweetJetsFan every day of the week.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It is noteworthy that literally every former QB who watches a Zach Wilson game describes the experience with outright disgust. Whether it’s Aikman, Romo, the Mannings, Kurt Warner, and now even Jets homer Mark Sanchez, the theme is the same. I’ll take the opinion of the dudes who played the position over that of @SweetJetsFan every day of the week.

I’ve never seen a qb be so bad in the red zone. Zach must be up there worst qb ever in red zone. Sadly jet fans haven’t seen a good qb in a LONG time. Some won’t give up on the miracle that jets have FINALLY found their own franchise qb. Has Zach improved a in some areas ? Sure. But instead of being 12 piles of horse manure, he’s now only 9. Maybe by year 6 he will only be 4. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He took 5 Sacks,  converted 2 of 11 3rd downs, and was criticized numerous times by a former Jets QB bust tonight.  

Yes, “panic”.  

Would you prefer that he throw for over 300 yards, only take 3 sacks, lose a fumble and throw for 3 INTs like the Indy backup did yesterday?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Would you prefer that he throw for over 300 yards, only take 3 sacks, lose a fumble and throw for 3 INTs like the Indy backup did yesterday?

37 points Jags put up. Obviously Gardner had to force big plays to keep up. We know Zach could never put up that many points. That’s a LOT of field goals lol. Dam Trevor Lawrence is 1000 times the qb zach is. We almost had him..

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Sanchez himself wasn't good. So if he thinks Zach sucks and thinks he was good. Then in reality Zach might be good by Sanchez's judgement

Want to throw up debating who was the worse qb lol. We all will look back and just agree they both suckked. Ironic they tried to hire the big gun too when they saw sanchez didn’t have it. Peyton wouldn’t come to jets, once again.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He took 5 Sacks,  converted 2 of 11 3rd downs, and was criticized numerous times by a former Jets QB bust tonight.  

Yes, “panic”.  

All this is true but at the same time the QB that criticized him is best known for running into a large ass and coughing the ball up for a defensive score. It’s like me calling another poster fat!  @Pac

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

And yet Aaron Rodgers thinks he can be the Jets QB for the next 15 years.

11 hours ago, Hal said:

The Jets are 3-3.   You guys needed him to play AWFUL these first 6 games.  

The gaming it out will say to play Zach without question unless the playoffs are on the line and Rodgers gets back.  

But make your “trade for Cousins threads” and go nuts.  It’s the off week after all lol.  

He’s an absolute bust as a second overall pick. We’d be Super Bowl contenders if he wasn’t a joke. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’re SB contenders outside of the QB.

Thats my take.  

But yes, you go right ahead and call me negative like so many here love to do.

What do you expect 8 zero, things have drastically changed here at good old JN. We used to be able to start threads and share our ideas with our fellow Jets fans without being attacked or if we were being razzed in the thread, it was all good nature fun. I used to like starting threads, I'm not sure I ever really want to put myself through what that entails anymore these days

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Zach Wilson is what we have...and

10 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Zach's bar is to play at the level of a quality backup. He's doing just that. He's not a superstar #2 pick, that ship has sailed, stop using that mark to judge him.

Not sure what more people can reasonably ask from zach.

Thank you.

This is correct.  Zach is a 190, 60% 1td/1int guy.  When he doesn't beat those metrics people continue to get pissed off weekly.  Expecting anything more and you'll be disappointed weekly.

He's not the devil, he's not a bad kid - he's just a back-up level NFL QB.