Mike White

Just now, PepPep said:

What is the point? Fitzy was great too. F**k it. Sanchez was great! He was at the helm and played well enough when we had two of our best playoff runs in recent memory. Favre was great. 

Mike White was a Jet for a blimp on the radar. He's a career backup who played played 8 total games as a Jet. He is no longer a Jet. I mean, I like the guy, but the fawning over him is unbelievable.  

JMHO. 

Fitz def has a moment here.  And to each their own but I don't think either he or Sanchez was even remotely comparable to MFW (at least for me).

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

16 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

Other teams had their flash on the pan, one hit wonder type of players as well. 

Yes, Lin offered the Knicks a little spark, signed elsewhere for more money, but never succeeded. 

Stop living the old glory days that were just simple morale victories.  

14 minutes ago, chirorob said:

31 minutes ago, Same Old Jets said:

Other teams had their flash on the pan, one hit wonder type of players as well. 

Yes, Lin offered the Knicks a little spark, signed elsewhere for more money, but never succeeded. 

Stop living the old glory days that were just simple morale victories.  

InthishouseMikeWhiteisahero.jpg.7d2bf542b4932fb437f37ae5cdb742c6.jpg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

So you don't want us to tell the truth? 

People tell the truth about Zach all day long on here 🤷‍♂️

Yup...

And he didn't win.  

Had a great moment against Cincinnati beat an awful Bears teams - otherwise he was mostly underwhelming as a player.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup...

And he didn't win.  

Had a great moment against Cincinnati beat an awful Bears teams - otherwise he was mostly underwhelming as a player.

Exactly this.

His legend is based on two very good games while completely ignoring five awful ones.  I admired his tenacity and for a moment there, he seemed like he would be that rare find, but ultimately, there's nothing there to suggest he's even Gardner Minshew, let alone more.  

And just to be clear as crystal....criticizing Mike White has *nothing* to do with Zach Wilson so do not turn this into that.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 4

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Exactly this.

His legend is based on two very good games while completely ignoring five awful ones.  I admired his tenacity and for a moment there, he seemed like he would be that rare find, but ultimately, there's nothing there to suggest he's even Gardner Minshew, let alone more.  

And just to be clear as crystal....criticizing Mike White has *nothing* to do with Zach Wilson so do not turn this into that.

Exactly.  Mike White is a good guy and I applaud him for his performance against Cincy but that was about it.  

He was a good player for us when healthy - I DO wish we got to see how last season would have played out had he not broken his ribs. But, then again, he might just be one of those guys who is always banged up. 

He had the worst injury luck/timing imaginable, both for us and his career. Oh well. It wasn't meant to be. 

He's also a Dolphin now, so f*ck him

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It was fun, but I'm more than happy with the excitement we're getting this year pushing both of last year's Super Bowl participants so hard and beating one of them.

New York Jets quarterback Zach Wilson's two-point-conversion pass pinpoints  wide receiver Randall Cobb, extending Jets' lead to six

We need to see more throws like the 2 point conversion  to Cobb - which was a bullet

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Nobody really wanted Pat Ryan, at least nothing like Matt Robinson.  
Then of course he gets his shot and is injured. 
🫨

I always liked Ryan. He was a really good #2 QB. Always gave the team a shot of adrenaline when he played. I always maintained we would have beaten the Browns in the playoffs in the 1986 season had Ryan not gotten hurt. BTW, the offensive line always looked better when he was playing rather than Kenny.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Exactly this.

His legend is based on two very good games while completely ignoring five awful ones.

We're still waiting on a "signature game" from Zach after 28 games and JN is going to scoff at only "2 very good games"?

There have been six 30+ point games for the Jets since 2021.  4 of them QB'd by QB's not named Zach Wilson (despite only 12 out of 40 of those games being piloted by non-Zach QB's).  The most recent one for Zach (@ Denver this season) required 9 points being scored by the defense/special teams.

Beggars can't be choosers.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mike White throws checkdown passes to moderate success.  JN: "All he does is checkdown all day"

Zach Wilson throws checkdown passes to very little success.  JN:  "He's becoming an elite game manager"

Did Zach bang your mom or something? The amount of posts/comments you have about the dude is insane. 

obsession to a whole new level 

he’s like the Beatles or Taylor swift to you. So idolized that you can’t think a single thought without starry eyes and jaw dropped then utter the boys name. Oooh Zach Wilson how can I bring you up today 50 more times??

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Did Zach bang your mom or something? The amount of posts/comments you have about the dude is insane. 

obsession to a whole new level 

This is a Jets message board.  Seems to me QB is a pretty important position.  Being constantly gaslit to believe a terrible Jets QB is secretly good, or even not bad, for 3 years gets pretty annoying.  Especially since we've been through this sh*t before with Sanchez and Darnold.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is a Jets message board.  Seems to me QB is a pretty important position.  Being constantly gaslit to believe a terrible Jets QB is secretly good, or even not bad, for 3 years gets pretty annoying.  Especially since we've been through this sh*t before with Sanchez and Darnold.

I haven’t seen you talk about a single other thing besides Zach for weeks. You are correct, this is a JETS message board, not a Zach Wilson message board 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1