Saleh has a chance to win Coach of the Year

JETS SB

4 minutes ago, Wit said:

Lions are amazing and Campbell was mercilessly teased for his approach when they hired him

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

if we make the playoffs Saleh should get it.

Saleh beat the Bills and Eagles 2 top teams. to make the playoffs we probably have to take at least one from the Dolphins.

Detroits best team they beat was KC. and they are blessed with an easy schedule. 

they got 2 with the Cousins less Vikings. 2 with the Bad News Bears and one more with the Love Pack. the best team they have left is Dallas. 

i wonder if going 6-0 in a division thats has at least 2 double digit loss teams with possibly a 3rd if Minnesota fall out without Cousins hurts his chances.?

meanwhile we will have the Bills and Dolphins who will both get double digit wins.

if the teams you beat count for anything Saleh should get it....if we make the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

if we make the playoffs Saleh should get it.
Saleh beat the Bills and Eagles 2 top teams. to make the playoffs we probably have to take at least one from the Dolphins.
Detroits best team they beat was KC. and they are blessed with an easy schedule. 
they got 2 with the Cousins less Vikings. 2 with the Bad News Bears and one more with the Love Pack. the best team they have left is Dallas. 
i wonder if going 6-0 in a division thats has at least 2 double digit loss teams with possibly a 3rd if Minnesota fall out without Cousins hurts his chances.?
meanwhile we will have the Bills and Dolphins who will both get double digit wins.
if the teams you beat count for anything Saleh should get it....if we make the playoffs.

I think the lions are more pathetic than the jets in terms of history. If they win the division he gets it. I don’t think who you beat matters as much.

3 hours ago, JETS SB said:

This is obviously not a popular opinion.

Why would it be unpopular?

If he were to win COTY, it would mean he led the Jets to some meaningful success.  We all want meaningful success.

While his odds of winning it may be very, very unlikely, I don't see any reason why the idea of his winning it would be unpopular.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JETS SB said:

This is obviously not a popular opinion.  But hear me out. This is if the Jets make the playoffs.

1) 4-3 and in the playoff race when Aaron Rodgers gets injured 4 plays into the season 

2) Team beats the best team in football (Eagles), the Bills, and nearly the Super Bowl Champs (so far)

3) Say what you want about the cliche “family” atmosphere, watching interviews with established vets like Morstead, Tomlinson, and Zuerlein, who have been around, and are struggling to keep their emotions, when speaking of what this team means to them, speaks volumes of what Douglas and Saleh have built.  

4) One common theme, at least this year. This team NEVER throws in the towel, they play 60 minutes + (2 overtime wins)

5) Saleh annoys the fans and sometimes the media, with some of his antics, but the players absolutely love playing for him and play hard every game and every down. 

6) He and JD absolutely took risks in going after Aaron Rodgers and despite the injury, the Jets are 4-1 when he’s been in the building. Not a coincidence. Guys like Morstead signed here because of Rodgers. 

7) Didn’t panic after the Rodgers injury and stayed in house, with Zach Wilson, instead of bringing in a guy from the outside, who might have more talent, but would have taken time to learn the system and could have ruined the chemistry and family that has been built. Like it or not, Zach’s teammates love him. And more importantly, Aaron Rodgers loves him. Zach has gained a lot of respect amongst his teammates, and a lot has to do with Aaron Rodgers being his biggest supporter. 

8 -Didn’t have a problem shipping out players that weren’t conforming into a team mentality (Elijah Moore, Denzel Mims)

There are many more reasons, but Coach of the Year is given annually to the team that over-achieves. Maybe it’s Jacksonville coach Doug Pederson, despite their terrible division. But if the Jets make the playoffs with Zach Wilson, there definitely is a chance. 

tenor.gif?itemid=17307391