Jets Steal OL Chris Glaser From Cowboys Bring Back DL Bruce Hector and Release DL Elerson Smith

1 minute ago, frankiepapa said:

Seems like depending on who you hear it from... one report says that Saffold could be ready to go as soon as this week and other reports say that he needs to get into football shape..

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I suspect the plan is to keep him on the PS until he works back to playing shape and gets comfortable with the system.  I don't think he was in a camp at all this year, so will need a few weeks to chip off the rust.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Glaser is probably better than Saffold, me likey.

I'm not arguing the point, but honestly asking. . . why do people expect Saffold to be so washed up?  I get that making the pro bowl as an alternate based on injury is a joke, but he played the most snaps on the Bills last year and their O was basically #2 in everything.  He literally played one more snap than Allen.  Doesn't that indicate that he should at least have a solid chance to be better than Chris Glaser, Xavier Newman and Billy Turner?  Particularly when you consider that he was also successful with the O line coach in Tennessee.  

Bonus points for having the D.  Rodgers, Rodger.  That fits the whole Breece Hall, Bryce Hall, Bryce Huff, motif this team seems to go for.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm not arguing the point, but honestly asking. . . why do people expect Saffold to be so washed up?  I get that making the pro bowl as an alternate based on injury is a joke, but he played the most snaps on the Bills last year and their O was basically #2 in everything.  He literally played one more snap than Allen.  Doesn't that indicate that he should at least have a solid chance to be better than Chris Glaser, Xavier Newman and Billy Turner?  Particularly when you consider that he was also successful with the O line coach in Tennessee.  

Bonus points for having the D.  Rodgers, Rodger.  That fits the whole Breece Hall, Bryce Hall, Bryce Huff, motif this team seems to go for.

True but Glaser was in the system and has been actually playing and stuff.  Saffold is legit coming off the couch.  Idk, there are injuries galore in the league and he's been hanging out.  Probably says something, idk, could be wrong, hope I'm wrong.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Good move but the jets missed out acquiring Ezra Cleveland for a sixth rounder? I get wanting to keep draft picks because they can control players for four seasons but it also seemed like a small price to pay.

Apparently, the Jets looked into Cleveland but thought he wasn't a great fit for their blocking scheme.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

True but Glaser was in the system and has been actually playing and stuff.  Saffold is legit coming off the couch.  Idk, there are injuries galore in the league and he's been hanging out.  Probably says something, idk, could be wrong, hope I'm wrong.  

Pugh came right off the couch also. Veterans who still think they have a chance to hook up with a team, keep themselves in shape if they get the call.

24 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Good move but the jets missed out acquiring Ezra Cleveland for a sixth rounder? I get wanting to keep draft picks because they can control players for four seasons but it also seemed like a small price to pay.

If Erza Cleveland was given input into choosing between the 6-2 Jags with Doug Pederson and Trevor Lawrence/ non state income tax or the 4-3 Jets with Robert Saleh and Zach Wilson/Jersey taxes... the difficultly of that decision on a scale of 1 - 10, might have been a 1.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Green Truth said:

Pugh came right off the couch also. Veterans who still think they have a chance to hook up with a team, keep themselves in shape if they get the call.

True, though I think I heard Saffold recently failed a physical?  idk.  Strange though that nobody gave Collins a chance either.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I get the "actually playing and stuff" but with his experience with the Titans, Saffold has probably actually spent more time in the system than Glaser.  I haven't seen anybody mention it much, but they also have Dennis Kelly who overlapped with Carter in Tennessee ('18-'20) and Rodgers/Hackett in Green Bay in 2021.  He left the Eagles in FA after 2015 just as Douglas was coming on board in May 2016.  Surely not a great option, but he has over 50 NFL starts.  Unfortunately part of that cluster **** Oline in Indy last year. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2023 at 11:46 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Don’t forget 2 Wilsons, 2Williams, and 2 Michael Carters!

• Upvote 1