### Jets vs Chargers - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

What a great bet but I hear you about maybe cashing. I rarely pick the Jets because I don't like both my heart and my wallet broken FWIW, the few people I asked all said to let it ride. Good luck!
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

if you put $300 on the chargers to win (right now) how much would you make?

what about $500?

actually it seems like if you bet $370 on chargers you win $200.

so that's what i would do.

chargers win, you make $200

chargers lose you make $750 (approx).

why anyone would cash out makes no sense to me. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

actually it seems like if you bet $370 on chargers you win $200.

so that's what i would do.

chargers win, you make $200

chargers lose you make $750 (approx).

why anyone would cash out makes no sense to me. 

solid advice right here.

either way you are in good shape

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Everything went our way during the bye week.  Everything went our way yesterday.  Bills and Dolphins are frauds.  The division is right there for us.

Can Zach put up 24 plus points tonight?  That is the question.  

I think he can, but I am not positive he will.

If this is 3 and outs and punt, punt, punt like usual, we are not winning this game.

Something needs to change tonight because if we play like we have been playing, we are not winning this game.

Are we man enough though?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Had some personal things to deal with and fell asleep around 11:40pm.

I tried this new feature to auto publish a thread but it didn't work.

Screenshot_20231106-083244.png

Hopefully the Jets preparation to do their jobs this evening is better than your preparation to do your job last night.

Go Jets! 

4 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Chargers have arguably the worst defense in the league.

Considering that along with what is on the line for the season with this game, If ZW does not have an impressive outing tonight...

HE NEVER WILL.  

We already know he never will.  He has played in enough games to know this.

Hes a game manager who plays not to lose.  We know this.

People keep throwing out this hope that he will somehow magically start being successful through the air is homer delusion.

Accept him for what he is and lets figure out how a conservative, game manager is going to get us the 24 plus points we will need to win tonights game.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We already know he never will.  He has played in enough games to know this.

Hes a game manager who plays not to lose.  We know this.

People keep throwing out this hope that he will somehow magically start being successful through the air is homer delusion.

Accept him for what he is and lets figure out how a conservative, game manager is going to get us the 24 plus points we will need to win tonights game.

IMHO, he is anything but a game manager.  With his arm talent and escape ability, he is at his core, a "John Elway" stuck inside a body with the brain of a college sprint-out QB.  His head has always been the problem.  There have been signs that his head has been expanding in a good way.  Either that continues and his full potential is unlocked or he goes down as a physically gifted athlete without an NFL QB brain. 

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The last time the Jets faced a team with a good #1 WR who plays a lot of snaps out of the slot CeeDee Lamb went 11 for 143. Keenan Allen is a different type of WR but I'm a little concerned he's going to eat. Queue the but MCII is in the top right corner of the PFF chart rage.

That was the Rodgers news hangover game. The no fly zone is back. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The last time the Jets faced a team with a good #1 WR who plays a lot of snaps out of the slot CeeDee Lamb went 11 for 143. Keenan Allen is a different type of WR but I'm a little concerned he's going to eat. Queue the but MCII is in the top right corner of the PFF chart rage.

MCII was injured for that Dallas game so Lamb feasted. MCII is the #1 slot corner in the league and I’m not concerned at all about him matched up against Keenan tonight.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Zach seems to play better when there is a sense of urgency (24 seconds left last week; two minute offense).  If the coaches could find a way to create that sort of urgency for him for 60 minutes, this game would be a blowout.

Hire Ray Lewis to run out onto the field with a knife and stab whichever Jet is holding the ball?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

IMHO, he is anything but a game manager.  With his arm talent and escape ability, he is at his core, a "John Elway" stuck inside a body with the brain of a college sprint-out QB.  His head has always been the problem.  There have been signs that his head has been expanding in a good way.  Either that continues and his full potential is unlocked or he goes down as a physically gifted athlete without an NFL QB brain. 

A game manager has nothing to do with your arm talent and escapability.  It has to do with your mindset and how you play the game.

Zach takes no chances and is terrified to turn the ball over.  He is a game manager.  A player who plays not to lose and hopes the defense will win the game or the other team will turn the ball over and hand you the game.

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

A game manager has nothing to do with your arm talent and escapability.  It has to do with your mindset and how you play the game.

Zach takes no chances and is terrified to turn the ball over.  He is a game manager.  A player who plays not to lose and hopes the defense will win the game or the other team will turn the ball over and hand you the game.

And once, again I assert... He's an untrained talent.  His end spot is either a successful gunslinger or a bust. Not even a game manager,

Like we all knew how he was billed.  Boom or bust.

I had him on my do not draft list.  

on one hand I feel like the JEts offense won't be able to keep pace with Eckler, ALlen and the Chargers offense. 

on the other hand the chargers are flying across the country and the Jets D is elite. 

in the end refs and the league are bailing out this team until Rodgers returns (to preserve their storyline) 

so I don't know how it happens but they have a good chance at winning tonight - even though all signs point to a 31-17 blowout