### Jets vs Chargers - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

We suck but it does seem like any good run or screen comes with a late flag on the side.  Then the announcer  says “it’s not much but…”.   Counts as 10 yards but costs us a gaine if 10-20 yards and pretty much ends any hope at a drive.  Also like that they tried to give Eckler the TD in the first half when he was down 2 yards short.   

Penalties hurt us tonight

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

It's time to pull Zach. There is no purpose to have him out there.

You can win with Zach but you need everyone else to play great and good coaching. Man get Semiens in there or whoever is the back up.

This team as configured can’t afford to give up a special teams TD and give opposing offenses a short field (as they did tonight) and dropped passes and stupid procedure penalties.  Uninspired performances all.

Just now, jetspenguin said:

I still have to ask myself......why do I continue to watch this sheet?

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

Cause of stupid “hope”. We went into the weekend hoping the Bills, Pats, and Phins lost and they all did.

We were taking our sorry ass offense against possibly one of the worst secondaries on paper. 

We hoped we would have a solid run game tonight to mitigate that Mack and Bosa pass rush. 

We hoped and even believed we would win this game. 
That is why we watched.

1 minute ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

We suck but it does seem like any good run or screen comes with a late flag on the side.  Then the announcer  says “it’s not much but…”.   Counts as 10 yards but costs us a gaine if 10-20 yards and pretty much ends any hope at a drive.  Also like that they tried to give Eckler the TD in the first half when he was down 2 yards short.   

Breece has had 3 quality plays wiped out by penalties 

3 minutes ago, TheAustrian said:

LOL- bench this doofus already

Saleh has to wait until there's little hope and time left, so that when Tim Boyle goes in and makes desperate attempts to win and inevitably turns it over, all the Zach homers can point and say " See, Zach gives us the best chance to win!!!"

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You put Siemian or even Boyle in there and that sack rate drops from 10 % to 5-6 %.

Just like it did the prior 2 years whenever Wilson was out.  

It’s like people think the only option other than Zach has to be prime Brady …the defense is great , special teams ( regardless of the punt return tonight ) are very good …a below average QB like Simien or Boyle gets this team to 9-10 wins …what the F are these people waiting for ? 

• Upvote 1

Eff it, at this point I just need Breece to get some reviving yards and a ruddy for the parlay. 

Game plan seemed obvious. I can’t believe they haven’t passed to the RB. It’s been there all night on 3rd down. Breece is beating any of their guys in coverage. Ball doesn’t get delivered.