Saleh will be gone by the end of the season.

Hex

Anybody with a working left eye can see that Rodgers coming back won't fix the offensive woes. Yea, Zach makes the problem way more obvious, but the penalties, clock management, literally everything Saleh does is a rookie mistake and it's year 3.

I disagree. 36 drives with no td, that’s not all penalties

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Saleh is definitely here through the Rodgers experiment. He's part of it. 

My suspicion is Saleh is out if the Rodgers experiment doesn't pan out. Douglas can sell it as a coaching failure and reboot a new HC and QB.

If Rodgers turns the team around, Saleh probably gets some kind of extension. I don't see Douglas doing a hard set of the coaching staff after a good season or two. 

I'm not endorsing keeping Saleh, it's just what I predict will happen.

As much as Saleh stinks, this mess is more on Douglas.

He’s responsible for the roster.

It’s not Saleh’s fault they intentionally stuck with Boyle on the roster just to make sure baby Zach never felt threatened.

I am convinced Douglas would sooner go 0-17 than risk a repeat of the MFW situation where the locker room turned on ZW.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

My suspicion is Saleh is out if the Rodgers experiment doesn't pan out. Douglas can sell it as a coaching failure and reboot a new HC and QB.

If Rodgers turns the team around, Saleh probably gets some kind of extension. I don't see Douglas doing a hard set of the coaching staff after a good season or two. 

I can't see how Douglas survives the failure of the Rodgers experiment. The Jets under his watch are now 24-51 after this most recent loss and have not sniffed the playoffs since Maccagnan had Ryan Fitzpatrick as the QB and Marshall and Decker as the wide receivers (and even then the Jets melted down when the pressure was applied to them).

This is year 5 of Douglas' reign. He gets a pass on year 1, because Woody only hired him after the draft. He managed to fleece the Seahawks in the Jamal Adams trade, but that's long in the rear view mirror and the results of his drafts don't look at all pretty. Apart from DJ Reed, his free agent signings have been abysmal. 

Bringing in Aaron Rodgers was a hail mary for both Douglas and Saleh. IMO, they're both gone if Rodgers doesn't get the Jets to at least the playoffs next year.

6 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

I can't see how Douglas survives the failure of the Rodgers experiment. The Jets under his watch are now 24-51 after this most recent loss and have not sniffed the playoffs since Maccagnan had Ryan Fitzpatrick as the QB and Marshall and Decker as the wide receivers (and even then the Jets melted down when the pressure was applied to them).

This is year 5 of Douglas' reign. He gets a pass on year 1, because Woody only hired him after the draft. He managed to fleece the Seahawks in the Jamal Adams trade, but that's long in the rear view mirror and the results of his drafts don't look at all pretty. Apart from DJ Reed, his free agent signings have been abysmal. 

Bringing in Aaron Rodgers was a hail mary for both Douglas and Saleh. IMO, they're both gone if Rodgers doesn't get the Jets to at least the playoffs next year.

It's not that hard to pin a lot of this on Saleh. Douglas gave him his choice QB pick (Lawrence aside) and Saleh blew it. Douglas drafted an OROY and DROY. Douglas put together one of the top ranked defenses in the league. Saleh said his defense was so easy a monkey could run it. Douglas secured a HOF QB. Saleh in this scenario blew it. Saleh's defensive success only occurred because of the roster Douglas gave him. 

I'm not saying that's entirely true or tells the entire story, but there's a credible argument for Douglas to make that he put Saleh in a position to succeed and Saleh just didn't. I don't think Douglas is completely safe if Rodgers doesn't pan out, but there's zero reason to justify keeping Saleh if Rodgers doesn't pan out. 

50 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

So your point is that if Saleh fails again next year (Saleh's 4th) with Aaron Rodgers that he won't get another year as HC of the NYJ?  

Really going out on a limb there!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZachStepdad said:

Get out of jail free card is AROD they know that nobody leaving the team…. Only expendable on staff is Hackett …. Shouldn’t stop Arod from playing tho he played without Hackett in Greenbay 

They can’t fire Hackett because Rodgers wouldn’t allow it

If they did, he’d prob just retire

Rodgers is loyal to “his guys” and Hackett is at or near the top of that list

4 hours ago, BP said:

Never. Woody is at every practice. Every one! And meddling in on meetings on draft day. No coach with half a brain would take this job. We get the hand me down idiots, like Saleh. Who got turned away by the lions lol the lions. They said “yeah thanks but no thanks”

Worst owner in football.

• Post of the Week 3

I think Saleh and Douglas will get next year even though they don't deserve it. Woody is dumb though.

They will get to roll it back with Rodgers next year. Once that fails it will be a house cleaning. There is no way even Woody could justify an extension for Douglas.

If Woody let's Douglas fire Saleh and pick another coach and draft another QB this franchise will be doomed for a while.

• Post of the Week 1

Problem is .. even if Rodgers wins the Super Bowl ... Then what?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I just wish the guy would take some responsibility.   After another incredibly sloppy performance you would think he would get to the podium and say something along the lines of - "This teams problems are on me - it's my job to get this team playing like a " or something to that effect.  Instead he takes the 5th.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I just wish the guy would take some responsibility.   After another incredibly sloppy performance you would think he would get to the podium and say something along the lines of - "This teams problems are on me - it's my job to get this team playing like a " or something to that effect.  Instead he takes the 5th.

My guess is that saleh pushed to get another qb and now he’s tired of saying that crap

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

"I plead the fifth on this one"

Bbc Rainbow GIF by Owain Wyn Evans

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

That’s the real problem.  What is the plan for when rodgers gets hurt next year and don’t tell me minshew.  I fear this regime is so all in on lord Aaron that the whole weight of everything could crash and implode the house. 

It’s a poorly coached team that’s got a lot of talent.