Zach “reluctant” to start again at QB

T0mShane

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

FWIW, Saleh is denying this report. 

I don’t believe him 

Sounds like Russini is changing her story though, suggesting that Zach told Rodgers he was apprehensive because he was fearful of being injured. 

As we know, Rodgers is not fond of Russini, Schefter, Rapoport, etc. I don't see how she would find out if it was a convo between Aaron and Zach. 

The circus goes on. Tune into McAfee tomorrow for the conclusion of this mess

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Sounds like Russini is changing her story though, suggesting that Zach told Rodgers he was apprehensive because he was fearful of being injured. 

As we know, Rodgers is not fond of Russini, Schefter, Rapoport, etc. I don't see how she would find out if it was a convo between Aaron and Zach. 

Oh man, I feel gipped! 

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach was listening to Saleh's speeches all offseason.  Is Zach a commander, competitor, contender or survivor?  Looks like he picked the last one.

The CS literally just went through all 3 of their uninjured QBs in 3 games, and want to cycle again. I would think you of all people would never want to see Zach play another snap for the Jets. When he shows that he doesn't really want to, you criticize him for coming to the same conclusion you have.

• Haha 1

Just now, Hex said:

The CS literally just went through all 3 of their uninjured QBs in 3 games, and want to cycle again. I would think you of all people would never want to see Zach play another snap for the Jets. When he shows that he doesn't really want to, you criticize him for coming to the same conclusion you have.

Because it’s a bitch made move.

• Upvote 1

Saleh says “kid wants the ball, but I’m not there yet”.

Translation: Zach doesn’t want to start, we can’t cut him, so we’re going to make it look like it’s our choice not to play him. So, he gets his way, and we look like we’re in control.

Transparent as it gets.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I’ll wait for more info before having an opinion, but something about this reporting just seems off.  

What I DO NOT get is how some of you are positively giddy over this report.  Like why?  Why celebrate drama (or potential drama) with your favorite team?  What purpose does this serve? 
What purpose does it serve to roll out the circus pics, etc.  What twisted pleasure do you guys derive from acting like 6th grade drama queens little girls over this type of stuff?  Most fans don’t want drama, but jets fans seem to crave it? 
End rant, I apologize .

It's whatever speeds up the firings. It's beyond clear at this point that Saleh and his gang are incompetent. I'd appreciate anything that makes it obvious to Woody.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Just now, Rob Moore said:

I’ll wait for more info before having an opinion, but something about this reporting just seems off.  

What I DO NOT get is how some of you are positively giddy over this report.  Like why?  Why celebrate drama (or potential drama) with your favorite team?  What purpose does this serve? 
What purpose does it serve to roll out the circus pics, etc.  What twisted pleasure do you guys derive from acting like 6th grade drama queens little girls over this type of stuff?  Most fans don’t want drama, but jets fans seem to crave it? 
End rant, I apologize .

I don't think people are celebrating it.  I think there's a certain percentage of posters here however who wants this regime gone due to years of failure and ineptitude.  If this is the catalyst that makes that happen then so be it.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

4 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

End rant, I apologize .

Were Jets fans.  Rubbernecking is all we have.  The football is straight up trash. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Because it’s a bitch made move.

It's a bitch move to continually bench all of your QBs over and over again. Plus, he clearly isn't refusing if he does get offered it. He's just showing reluctance.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

I'd like to see him spike the ball every single time they ask him to pass but our OL doesn't bother blocking.

• Upvote 1

Answer to a question about Bo Nix.  Seems like zach isn't the only one who doesn't want to play behind a bad oline.

Nix was the quarterback at Auburn back in 2019 before he was benched and then transferred because he was physically broken down due to the pounding he took thanks to a turnstile offensive line

Just now, Matt39 said:

He’s been covering for Zach Wilson’s BS for 3 years. At some point it has to stop. 

I don't blame Saleh for it.  He has to cover for Zach.  He's being forced to play him especially this year when you don't have a QB on the roster healthy who is better than him.  That falls on terrible roster management which ultimately falls on JD.  

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

The ONLY thing Zach Wilson is dreaming about now, not even dreaming about MILF’s anymore, is his 1 Way Ticket back to Utah.  He has Totally had enough with anything to do with the Jets.

Being benched for Tim Boyle and last year a Canadian who can’t even throw a spiral will Destroy Any Ego.

In fact he should write a note saying “I resign as QB of NYJ” and hand it to Woody and not say a word.

Id be thrilled if he submitted his resignation immediately. Get him and his unholy relationship with Woody Johnson outa here.

7 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

End rant, I apologize .

We want Saleh and Douglas to be fired. Well, I do. This humiliation and circus atmosphere makes that more likely. 

1 minute ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I hope this dispels the myth that NFL players always want to play to win and tanking doesn't exist.

Tanking absolutely exists. 

We saw it with Jax when they benched Minshew during the Trevor draft year. 

We also saw it with the Eagles when benched their starter in the 4th quarter of a game a couple of years ago:

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2021/05/11/how-eagles-tanking-last-game-devonta-smith-affected-entire-nfc-east-nfl-draft/5019160001/

• Upvote 3