Jets sign Brett Rypien, release Boyle

Matt39

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Not sure what that means. Jets are in dire need of offense. EVERYWHERE. Rodgers would appreciate any pick on O. Are you insinuating Joe D will prove he is even a bigger complete moron and big another D player next first round too ?

I think the more likely scenario is Rodgers wants a WR for next year when the Jets should be looking to draft a QB for the next 10.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Kinda hilarious that the leaker is the guy protected here by Aaron Rodgers, who was purportedly searching for the leaker. Very Jets. 

Rodgers is the rat and BB is behind the whole scheme.

BB planted to Rodgers to get the Jets go all in and get him. Rodgers has the so called injury week 1 explaining why he can defy the experts and come back in a time frame that no one else can. The whole thing goes to sh_T and Rodgers never sees the filed for the Jets in 2023.

Your opening day starter for the ne pats in 2024 - Aaron rodgers.

Woody running around trying to figure out what the hell happened.

It makes for a great story. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Well, there's no evidence that he is the leaker (I think it's possible, but you're sprinting with it) and there's certainly no evidence he stood on a bench in the locker room and declared to the other 52 that "Zach is a coddled pussy".  Lol

If he’s telling the team he isn’t playing he is though. What more evidence would one need 

• WTF? 2

I guess the story is they wanted Rypien earlier in season but Rams activated him. There was also a story that McCarthy who had Boyle in GB wanted to sign him with the Cowboys. We saw issues behind the scenes last year when they benched and deactivated players who popped off. There are definitely issues here we probably don't know about. The thing is can this HC and GM handle it. When a team loses 7 in a row and follows it with 5 in a row and counting and an entire side of the ball is not functional there are going to be problems. 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

“If Zach didn’t want to play he’d be released”

lmao

Even John Fogerty would be confused…” take me out coach, I don’t want to play, but put me in coach, I’m ready to play.”🤣🤣There isn’t enough booze on earth left for us to root for this team.

Rypien is so heinously awful the rams  tossed him to the curb after his one game so they could get a real QB, that being Wentz the guy Douglas turned his nose up at.

I guess there is some good news though slowly the Jets seem to be telling Rodgers and Hackett to f off and stop asking for lousy friends to be on the team.

Most years the team is just awful and embarrassing. This year it's such a dumpster fire of drama that it's comically bad. 

I hope it is true that Boyle thought he could leak a comment from ZW to get him off the team to secure his own spot, but it blew up in his face and probably ended his tenuous grasp on an NFL career. That would be the funniest version of these events. 

8 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

The Jets love to sign QBs who "know the system" rather than QBs who have some talent and maybe untapped potential. That's why we get backups like Boyle, Siemian, Rypien and Falk instead of guys like Browning and Dobbs.

The NY Jets. The George Costanza of NFL football.

Yep - I made this point in another thread. The Jets coaches are always going on and on and on (and on) about their "system" - Saleh talks about the importance of experience in his system. Hackett talked at length about Boyle being experienced in his system right before the Miami game. He's been cut less than 2 weeks later. 

Bad coaches use their "'system" as a crutch to make decisions for them. 

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Zach will be gone very soon. I’m sure there are contractual hurdles, he was the #2 pick after all. The idea that the kid is protected is odd. If anything, he’s protected by his rookie contract and dead money

Correct.  I heard on a podcast Zach has something like a dead cap hit of $20 million this year, so he was never going to be cut this year.  Next year is a cap hit of around $8 million.   he is gone after this year.

@Sperm Edwards  correct me if I'm wrong

• Upvote 1