After watching him against the Texans I keep Zach until I know for certain he sucks.

nyjets1969

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

It's game like this that confuses me he plays solid then he sucks until I know he can't be a serviceable QB I'm not trading him if he becomes a late bloomer like Geno this team looks even dumber. They wasted 3 years on him, I'm keeping him for length of contract to see how he turns out. Its not like they are drafting a QB next year plus Jets take a massive cap hit. Bring in a vet to compete as back up let the cards fall. I'm not Zach fan but I'm sick of seeing the Jets blow stuff like this he is under contract for 2 more years if a team offers a second or higher yes if not Zach can sit here he might be playing now for his career but he is still under contract so he can't go anywhere.

I think they need to take a hard look before trading or releasing him.  He needs to back up this performance.  I don’t think they wasted three years on him because, in reality, he should’ve sat for year one and most of year two.  Instead they threw him in from day one and milfy wouldn’t support him.  I think the drama over this past week got the team mad and finally them woke up.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

It's game like this that confuses me he plays solid then he sucks until I know he can't be a serviceable QB I'm not trading him if he becomes a late bloomer like Geno this team looks even dumber. They wasted 3 years on him, I'm keeping him for length of contract to see how he turns out. Its not like they are drafting a QB next year plus Jets take a massive cap hit. Bring in a vet to compete as back up let the cards fall. I'm not Zach fan but I'm sick of seeing the Jets blow stuff like this he is under contract for 2 more years if a team offers a second or higher yes if not Zach can sit here he might be playing now for his career but he is still under contract so he can't go anywhere.

What else do you need to see to convince you he sucks?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t be fooled.  He sucks.

The “windows” today were more like oceans.

The Texans laid an egg.

The prudent business decision is to hope he somehow finishes the year decently and “sell high” for whatever you can get.

Then you leverage that draft capital for Shedeur or a real QB in ‘24 or ‘25 draft.

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm convinced there is a good QB in there somewhere.  I don't know if we'll see it on this team with this CS and supporting cast though.

Don't discount how resilient he is, too.  Have you ever seen any QB take as much abuse as he has?  Apparently the announcers were mocking him on the broadcast today.  Yet he's still here, fighting and improving.

What Zach has been through would have destroyed most young men.

If nothing else he definitely has guts.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

What Zach has been through would have destroyed most young men.

If nothing else he definitely has guts.

Yeah, rough life getting paid 35M fully guaranteed with the absolute freedom to suck at your job.

You have to talk in front of the media and spit out a few scripted answers a couple times a week for a grand total of maybe 10 mins.

I’m sure most homeless guys have it easier than ZW.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, nyjets1969 said:

Confused... he has maybe, maybe three or four quality games out of what 33 or 32 he has played.  No disrespect but what the hell have you been smoking to think he isn't what he is... a losing QB with a lot of really bad habits. 

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Yeah, rough life getting paid 35M fully guaranteed with the absolute freedom to suck at your job.

You have to talk in front of the media and spit out a few scripted answers a couple times a week for a grand total of maybe 10 mins.

I’m sure most homeless guys have it easier than ZW.

Your take is so lazy and narrow minded I'm not even gonna take the time to explain it. You always have  simple minded comments and refuse to look at the big picture when it comes to this kid.

Keep the negativity flowing its the easy, lazy way out. There is a lot more to this situation than you are able to comprehend.

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Don’t be fooled.  He sucks.

The “windows” today were more like oceans.

The Texans laid an egg.

The prudent business decision is to hope he somehow finishes the year decently and “sell high” for whatever you can get.

Then you leverage that draft capital for Shedeur or a real QB in ‘24 or ‘25 draft.

Toxic

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

It doesn’t. 

Zach , here or not, is taking up like $11 million in cap space next season. At the least, he has shown he’s a capable backup QB. If they cut him, or trade him, they’re gonna need to spend another like another $4 million to get what most here would consider a ‘legit backup NFL QB’ which is waste of cap space. 

I understand the hate, but some football decisions need to be made in the entire context of ability and financial cap management. The NYJ have a lot of holes to fill with their available cap dollars, so cutting loose Zach or possibly trading him may not make sense. 

That's not accurate.  If they outright cut him then yes, there's 0 savings, so they would do everything in their power to avoid that.

However, if they can find someone to trade for him, the Jets would only have the remaining bonus proration on their cap, while his salary amount would all be sent off to the new team with him, so would definitely come with cap savings.