National rhetoric around Zachs victimhood

Jet hustle

On 12/11/2023 at 8:23 PM, doitny said:

how do we know when he doesnt Target anyone else.

poor Moore wasnt good i guess either, but Cleveland with its backup QBs seem to have no problem finding him as WR2.

Lazzard has been awful!  He has been dropping passes that are hitting him in the hands that is why you  CAN’T throw it to him!

He was BENCHED for a reason this year..

Come on yea Zach hasn’t been great this year but let’s not act as if he is holding Lazzard back…

• Upvote 2

On 12/11/2023 at 6:57 PM, Charlie Brown said:

Yes, by agreeing to trade a person without knowing the parameters based upon what was leaked, yes that is appeasement.

At the end of the day, you make decisions as to what is best at that time for the team and do not lock yourself into a position because a person is complaining or disgruntled.

And it is too soon to be saying you are trading someone when there are 5 games left and they are your starting QB!

Think about it, by saying that you must trade Wilson  this summer and it is leaked in newspapers, do you thnk folks are going to give you more or less?

Agreeing to trade him is good for him and the team.  Saleh and JD don't want the Jets mailing it in for a second year in a row.  It's a really bad look for them.  

Zach has a lot to play for.  There are numerous teams in need of a starter.  Zach isn't playing out the string with a crappy football team that's not making the playoffs.  He's auditioning for a starting job in the NFL next year.

On 12/11/2023 at 7:08 AM, Jet hustle said:

Seems like everyone is blaming the Jets Org for Zach sucking for the past 3 years.  Just a  bizarre take if you have actually watched him play.  Even Rex Ryan is going hard on this Hot Take.   It's just perplexing to me

It is not rhetoric if there is some semblance of truth.

Did Zach have questions coming into the league?  Yes.  

Did the Jets do everything in their power to help him?  Sort of.  The Jets did provide him some talent in Wilson and Hall after having virtually nothing his rookie year.  Is his QB Coach any good?  Was Mike Lafleur any good?  Does HC of the NYJ provide him any guidance?  When was the last time the OL was good?

Zach deserves some of the criticism directed towards him.  The Jets FO and coaching is complicit in some of his not maximizing his talent. 

If he 'fell' to the 49ers, do you think he is this bad?  Probably not.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Lazzard has been awful!  He has been dropping passes that are hitting him in the hands that is why you  CAN’T throw it to him!

He was BENCHED for a reason this year..

Come on yea Zach hasn’t been great this year but let’s not act as if he is holding Lazzard back…

again , do we know that?  yeah he dropping passes but so was GW, Hall, everybody was dropping Zachs passes.

i just find it hard to believe Lazzard was good last year with Rodgers then plays with the worst QB in the NFL and now he sucks.

Moore plays with Zach and sucks, goes to Cleveland and he is a good # 2 WR. 

i dont believe those are coincidences. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, doitny said:

again , do we know that?  yeah he dropping passes but so was GW, Hall, everybody was dropping Zachs passes.

i just find it hard to believe Lazzard was good last year with Rodgers then plays with the worst QB in the NFL and now he sucks.

Moore plays with Zach and sucks, goes to Cleveland and he is a good # 2 WR. 

i dont believe those are coincidences. 

Ummmmm simple Lazzard ALWAYS drops passes and did the same thing in Green Bay. 

Check the stats…

Many of us didn’t want him when he was brought in here. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Biggs said:

Agreeing to trade him is good for him and the team.  Saleh and JD don't want the Jets mailing it in for a second year in a row.  It's a really bad look for them.  

Zach has a lot to play for.  There are numerous teams in need of a starter.  Zach isn't playing out the string with a crappy football team that's not making the playoffs.  He's auditioning for a starting job in the NFL next year.

What’s good for Zach is irrelevant. He certainly has been horrible for Jets. Anyone who thinks he will get a starting job next yr is crazy. He is likely only going to be a 3. He won’t have many choices either. Even a bad team like giants, he wouldn’t even make their top 3.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmm simple Lazzard ALWAYS drops passes and did the same thing in Green Bay. 

Check the stats…

Many of us didn’t want him when he was brought in here. 

last year in 15 games he had 100 targets 60 catches. he had 6 drops for 6% drop% and a QB rate when balls are thrown at him 84.1

this year in 12 games he has 42 targets 20 catches. he has 4 drops for 9.5% drop% and QB rate of 68.9

yeah he aint no Davante Adams but he got alot worst playing with Zach.

Elijah Moore 

last year with Zach...16 games 65 targets 37 catches. 2 drops for 3.1%

this year in Clev...13 games 91 targets 50 catches. 3 drops for 3.3% and he is the WR2.

Corey Davis

last year in Tenn 14 games 92 targets 65 catches. 3 drops for 3.3% he had a 70% catch%

last 2 years with Zach. 22 games 123 targets 67 catches. 5 drops in 2021 for 8.1%. his catch% was 57% and 50% with Zach.

all these guys were better before they played with Zach or played better after they left. it not the WRs who are bad, its the guy throwing to them.

On 12/11/2023 at 8:08 AM, Jet hustle said:

Seems like everyone is blaming the Jets Org for Zach sucking for the past 3 years.  Just a  bizarre take if you have actually watched him play.  Even Rex Ryan is going hard on this Hot Take.   It's just perplexing to me

Well, speaking about someone who didn't want to draft him, the rhetoric is somewhat true, so....

15 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

If he fell to the 49ers they'd have dumped him for Purdy same as they did with Trey Lance. 

Yeah, but.....

Trey's 49er career ended when he broke his ankle.  Purdy was QB2 until Jimmy G hurt his foot.

The 49ers had Jimmy G.  They clearly wanted a new QB that is not as injury prone as Jimmy G.    If Zach was drafted, he would have likely sat like Trey.  Let him marinate like Mahomes and learn the game.  I am not saying Zach would be a top 5 QB, but he would be better.

I do not disagree with your point.  In my limited time watching Zach play, I see him make throws that Mac cannot make.  Then you see the WTF was he thinking throws. I think this would have led to his demise regardless of who drafted him.

I kind of view Purdy like Brady when it comes to circumstances of his playing.  Would he eventually shown what he could do?  Probably, but it took some circumstances to get where he is now.  

• Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

If he fell to the 49ers they'd have dumped him for Purdy same as they did with Trey Lance. 

They probably don't draft Purdy.  They needed a flyer on a QB because they probably knew Lance wasn't going to work out.  I'm not sure they're feeling the same about Zach after that same amount of time.  

Yes, Zach has been bad.  But I truly feel that if the Jets would have traded back, there would be plenty of people saying "draft picks, whatever, we needed a QB and could have had Zach."  I don't think he would be a world beater, but he would be looking pretty good, on a pretty good team.

This is one of those situations we'll never know.  But what we do know is the first two seasons in the NFL Zach basically had no coaching.  His footwork problems were basically fixed overnight.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

They probably don't draft Purdy.  They needed a flyer on a QB because they probably knew Lance wasn't going to work out.  I'm not sure they're feeling the same about Zach after that same amount of time.  

Yes, Zach has been bad.  But I truly feel that if the Jets would have traded back, there would be plenty of people saying "draft picks, whatever, we needed a QB and could have had Zach."  I don't think he would be a world beater, but he would be looking pretty good, on a pretty good team.

This is one of those situations we'll never know.  But what we do know is the first two seasons in the NFL Zach basically had no coaching.  His footwork problems were basically fixed overnight.

This is absolutely hysterical.  They probably don't draft a QB with the last pick in the draft because they drafted a QB at 2 but they had to having drafted one at 3?  This is literally the most batsh*t crazy take I have ever seen.  Even if they didn't draft Purdy with the last pick in the draft, they probably would have had him in as an UDFA and. . . the same comments apply.  It's one of those situations we'll never know, like if Hackenberg would have sucked or "balled out" if they'd only given him a shot.  In case you are wondering, we know.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is absolutely hysterical.  They probably don't draft a QB with the last pick in the draft because they drafted a QB at 2 but they had to having drafted one at 3?  This is literally the most batsh*t crazy take I have ever seen.  Even if they didn't draft Purdy with the last pick in the draft, they probably would have had him in as an UDFA and. . . the same comments apply.  It's one of those situations we'll never know, like if Hackenberg would have sucked or "balled out" if they'd only given him a shot.  In case you are wondering, we know.

You're probably right.  Although maybe Zach with a year of sitting under Shanahan doesn't give Purdy a chance to start.  We'll never know.

I do think it's clear Zach is no longer "the biggest bust since X" however.  And we've seen quite a bit of growth in the short time he's had AR around.  Then yet another thing goes terribly wrong and the offense as a whole just doesn't have their sh*t together.

We'll see this weekend.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 12/13/2023 at 1:04 PM, roscoeword said:

Why i don't get is how Zach did stuff he never did before... Using elusiveness and rolling out instead of backwards, throwing to the receiver before hes open... 

They agreed to trade him.  He's no longer openly sabatoging the Jets.  His auditioning for his next team.  

On 12/13/2023 at 9:42 AM, Biggs said:

We'll be going into the season next year with a 40 year-old QB coming off of an ACL tear. So this is where Zach has the best shot at starting next year.

15 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

We'll be going into the season next year with a 40 year-old QB coming off of an ACL tear. So this is where Zach has the best shot at starting next year.

unless he really does not want to start.  his objective this year was to hide.  maybe he really does want to be a backup for a while and not see the field.  if so he shouldn't stay here

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

He might start at some point for the Jets if he's retained.  There are several teams that would bring him in as the day 1 starter next year.  There are several teams that need a starting QB who would take a shot with Zach.