Pats and Belichick parting ways?

LockeJET

7 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Michael Spinks doesn’t get to talk trash to Mike Tyson, and Jet fans shouldn’t talk trash about anyone, much less their daddy.

Belichick’s record is 82-98 without Brady. He is nothing special without Brady. BTW fans can say whatever they want, we aren’t responsible for the success or failure of the Jets. You would be more comfortable on a Giants board since obviously they are your team, not the Jets.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Belichek has pummeled this franchise for years and you knuckleheads are belittling his accomplishments?

Brady left years ago and he’s still kicking our a**. We play them two times a year. When was the last time we beat him? 

This is the year pal. We will beat them and they will get their next Brady. Book it! 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You'd think Bill would retire or at least take a position with a team's FO. He's been a coach for many years. What does he need it for?  He could be a consultant or even in charge even though player evaluation not his strong suit. I could maybe see him take a short term coaching job with a different team and maybe turn the HC job over to his son. And then take a consultant job. 

He wants  the record for wins. He's  close. 

3 minutes ago, jetsman said:

screw him hope the door hits his ass on the way out. No class whatsoever to scribble a I resign on a napkin the day after getting handed the job on a platter is utterly classless

He saved Woody money by using a hotel provided cocktail napkin instead of Jets stationary.   Bastard could have hammered Woody on the way out. 

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To be #1 all time in wins.

This.

He wants the all-time wins record.  With Andy and Patrick in KC, he cannot just beat it.  He has to beat is by a lot.

Bill is still the G.O.A.T.  The Patriots in the post-Brady era are similar to his Cleveland years.  The D is good and sometimes great.  He just cannot get the O right.  That is not coaching.  That is his GMing.  

I wonder if the last Superbowl win warped his perspective.  He held one of the highest scoring teams in NFL history (KC) in check until the 4th quarter.  Then he held another, the Rams to 3 points.  

For some reason I could see him going to the Commanders.

The Chargers owner(s) are notoriously cheap and BB is going to cost a boatload + picks to acquire.

Washington has a new ownership group with big $. The domino effect of Rivera leaving is unfortunately I could see him going to Buffalo as the DC with his old pupil Sean McDermott.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, GreenFish said:

It all went downhill once Brady left. BB forgot how to coach (except against the Jets) and the winning culture evaporated.

BB didn't forget how to coach.....

Brady covered a ton of roster deficiencies for the better part of a decade......

This season is the chickens coming home to roost for years and years of poor drafting......BB the GM is terrible

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You'd think Bill would retire or at least take a position with a team's FO. He's been a coach for many years. What does he need it for?  He could be a consultant or even in charge even though player evaluation not his strong suit. I could maybe see him take a short term coaching job with a different team and maybe turn the HC job over to his son. And then take a consultant job. 

He (presumably) wants the all-time wins record for NFL Head Coaches.  I believe he's less than 20 wins away.

49 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

For some reason I could see him going to the Commanders.

The Chargers owner(s) are notoriously cheap and BB is going to cost a boatload + picks to acquire.

Washington has a new ownership group with big $. The domino effect of Rivera leaving is unfortunately I could see him going to Buffalo as the DC with his old pupil Sean McDermott.

BB is also an east coast guy. 

I definitely think Washington is a landing spot. 

I personally think hiring a 71 year old defensive head coach in today's league is a terrible idea, but it should be interesting. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Michael Spinks doesn’t get to talk trash to Mike Tyson, and Jet fans shouldn’t talk trash about anyone, much less their daddy.

1) your analogy sucks. Michael Spinks was undefeated as a pro before he ran into prime Tyson. 

2) Jets fans don't give a flying f*ck what a Giants fan thinks about Jets fans or Bill Belichick, or really, anything for that matter. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

1) your analogy sucks. Michael Spinks was undefeated as a pro before he ran into prime Tyson. 

2) Jets fans don't give a flying f*ck what a Giants fan thinks about Jets fans or Bill Belichick, or really, anything for that matter. 

You’re proving how little you care with the 3 posts you left me in 5 minutes, right?

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

I think we all know how this is going to play out.

We upset Miami this week, Rodgers comes back and we go on a roll.  Week 18, at NE, win and we’re in scenario.  And BB gets one last laugh against us by beating us and keeping us out of playoffs.  We know for a fact that the NFL will NOT allow BB to lose his final game in NE or his final game overall, and they love using us as a punching bag.

Obviously, there’s a lot that needs to happen for this scenario to play out, but I’m just saying.  We’re all thinking it, but I’m just saying it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I think we all know how this is going to play out.

We upset Miami this week, Rodgers comes back and we go on a roll.  Week 18, at NE, win and we’re in scenario.  And BB gets one last laugh against us by beating us and keeping us out of playoffs.  We know for a fact that the NFL will NOT allow BB to lose his final game in NE or his final game overall, and they love using us as a punching bag.

Obviously, there’s a lot that needs to happen for this scenario to play out, but I’m just saying.  We’re all thinking it, but I’m just saying it.

I think we are going to get beat in Miami this week, but if we somehow don't, this is obviously what's going to happen

14 hours ago, Falco21 said:

Forgot how to coach, my ass. Guy never knew how to coach as a head coach, let alone as also a GM. His drafts have been terrible for years and his so called, "coaching", was a direct result of the greatest QB this league has ever seen. 

who drafted Tom Brady and who gave Tom Brady his opportunity why that would be Bill .... if he did nothing else in any of his drafts he drafted the best QB ever that led to actual championships... 

he won multiple rings as a DC and head coach.

I understand not liking him but your post is simply insane or just blinded by hate

Sadly father time is undefeated and Bill is a victim of that just like everybody else  is

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

BB is also an east coast guy. 

I definitely think Washington is a landing spot. 

I personally think hiring a 71 year old defensive head coach in today's league is a terrible idea, but it should be interesting. 

Belichick must know that he has limited time left as a head coach + needs to beat Shula's record + show he can win without Brady.

Whichever team he goes to, I do not expect a rookie QB being the starter and will go after a Kirk Cousins type player to win now, or possibly try and trade for someone.

He'll hire McDaniels again of course as his OC and it will certainly be interesting where he ends up.

The NFL is designed to rebalance the league every single year.  They use the draft and the salary cap to rebalance.  The Pats have had more good players to pay and worse draft picks because they have consistently been at the bottom of the draft and had good rosters.  They have cut great players and traded great players to save cap and generally have kept rolling along.  They have also lost a ton of coaches because they have won.

The mean that the NFL is designed around eventually catches up to everyone.  

BB had an amazing run and yes it was with Brady who they drafted.  The NFL is designed to punish excellence and reward the mean average, his run is remarkable.  We would have been very lucky to have kept him here.  I have no doubt we would have been in contention for SB and playoff games at a higher rate than we have had since he left.  We might even have gotten Brady?

Woody let Kraft steal his lunch money after Hess took Kraft to the woodshed.  I dislike him but I'm glad he's leaving the division.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Maybe the Tuna wasn’t that great

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Bill Parcells is the best NFL HC I’ve seen. Everywhere he went he turned around losing teams and made them winners. Just look at the 1999 Jets, with no QB he went 8-8. The last four games of the season the Jets beat the Dolphins twice, the Cowboys and the Seahawks. All teams that had winning records. 

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

who drafted Tom Brady and who gave Tom Brady his opportunity why that would be Bill .... if he did nothing else in any of his drafts he drafted the best QB ever that led to actual championships... 

he won multiple rings as a DC and head coach.

I understand not liking him but your post is simply insane or just blinded by hate

Sadly father time is undefeated and Bill is a victim of that just like everybody else  is

You spelled Mo Lewis wrong. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1