who is the biggest bust

kmnj

Zach-taken to be the franchise QB but might be one of the worst to ever put on the jersey

Joe D-drafted tons of bad players including not one but two first round busts in Zach and Becton-years after he took over the team still is as bad maybe worse than when he got here.  

Becton-slow fat and a bad player-he is the exact opposite of D Brick 

Saleh-terrible record and his team consistently quits on him

Woody-not sure the owner can be a bust per se but a fish dies from the head down so he is on the list.

P.S I tried to make a poll but I am not smart enough  to do so-guess I fit right in with the jets....

Just now, T0mShane said:

Factoring in opportunity cost,

1. Jamal Adams

2. Zach Wilson

3. Blair Thomas

4. Mekhi Becton

5. Vernon Gholston

Roger Vick was specifically drafted in the first round to stop Andre tippet from pile driving Ken O’Brien. For what it’s worth. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Jamal was worth it just because of the return we got, Garrett Wilson and AVT

Patrick Mahomes would like a word.

What a c*nt that Maccagnan was.  Need a QB in the worst way and he takes the consensus ESPN choice, f**kin moron, a loudmouth self promoter who plays a non premium position and has hands of stone ie he’s Half a Safety.

Then take another Safety in the 2nd who is Old.

Then again, even though Opportunity Cost is at Pluto when realizing that Adams cost the Jets Mahomes, Mahomes probably wouldn’t be Mahomes if he came to the Jets, wouldn’t have been able to sit and learn his first year, thrown right into the yearly “Jet Hell” Fire where he also would have been doing “Wilson-Esq” pirouettes trying to avoid the rush with No Andy Reid, one of the best offensive minds in league history, to guide him on the sideline.

Yeah Adams, hands down, a Total Disaster and #1 as far as Opportunity Cost goes.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Jamal Adams

2. Zach Wilson

3. Blair Thomas

4. Mekhi Becton

5. Vernon Gholston

If we are adding in the opportunity cost, I think that Ken O'Brien would be first on the list by not selecting top 5-10 QB of all time. I am not blaming Kenny O and I love the guy but he is a ranch in Medicine Park, Oklahoma vs. Marino's 1000 acre valley.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

If we are adding in the opportunity cost, I think that Ken O'Brien would be first on the list by not selecting top 5-10 QB of all time. I am not blaming Kenny O and I love the guy but he is a ranch in Medicine Park, Oklahoma vs. Marino's 1000 acre valley.

Pretty good point , he would have to up there right with Adams if this is how we are looking at it to be honest 

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Jamal Adams

2. Zach Wilson

3. Blair Thomas

4. Mekhi Becton

5. Vernon Gholston

Didn't we trade 2 #1's for the DeWayne "Bowling Ball With Butcher Knives" Robertson?  And I think I've read that we also traded 2 #1's for the pick that we used to draft Johnny "Lam" Jones.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

IIRC there weren't really rumors of us taking Mahomes.  Didn't the org decide that the following year's QB class (Darnold) was better?

You’re right , but I think 75% of this board was screaming for Mahomes …I wasn’t one of them only cuz I really didn’t know much about him , but I’m not an nfl GM . Also I think we drafted Hackenberg the year before …just an all time miss on many levels 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jolot said:

We drafted him while Mahomes was still on the board I believe 

Ok.   Mahomes obviously went to a much better situation with a stacked team and world class head coach.  We were a mess back then .  The 2022 draft is where we drafted a lot of difference makers finally.  Still the Jamal Adams trade is the best trade we ever made 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Ok.   Mahomes obviously went to a much better situation with a stacked team and world class head coach.  We were a mess back then .  The 2022 draft is where we drafted a lot of difference makers finally.  Still the Jamal Adams trade is the best trade we ever made 

But it doesn't matter.  A FQB doesn't need any OL or weapinzz.

JD is definitely the worst of the original list, if for no other reason than he is personally at fault for all of the other failures on that list, with the obvious exception of Woody.

Although just as a friendly reminder, none of these moves even happened on Woody's watch, as those came at the hands of the dumber brother, Chris, who was actually getting slurped up around here for a while when much of this was happening.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jolot said:

You’re right , but I think 75% of this board was screaming for Mahomes …I wasn’t one of them only cuz I really didn’t know much about him , but I’m not an nfl GM . Also I think we drafted Hackenberg the year before …just an all time miss on many levels 

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case.

@Lupz27 what is your memory of that situation?

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case.

@Lupz27 what is your memory of that situation?

90% of the board thought I was crazy from October till about February, then others came around as the whole draft process developed.

Guys like @jif or whatever he changed his name to came around and was beating the drum for Watson and/or Mahomes.

Never was 75%.

Draft day it was still pretty small that was willing to draft him at 6 most said maybe a trade back or 2nd round but not at 6.

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

90% of the board thought I was crazy from October till about February, then others came around as the whole draft process developed.

Guys like @jif or whatever he changed his name to came around and was beating the drum for Watson and/or Mahomes.

Never was 75%.

Draft day it was still pretty small that was willing to draft him at 6 most said maybe a trade back or 2nd round but not at 6.

I'm pretty sure I was one of the "trade back from 6 and then take him" boat.  But I'm confident that I defended the Jamal pick that we made at 6 - lol. 

I think a big part of it was that I was following Brett Kollman's YouTube channel at the time and he loved Jamal back then (and Christian Hackenberg btw - lol)

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm pretty sure I was one of the "trade back from 6 and then take him" boat.  But I'm confident that I defended the Jamal pick that we made at 6 - lol. 

I think a big part of it was that I was following Brett Kollman's YouTube channel at the time and he loved Jamal back then (and Christian Hackenberg btw - lol)

I didn’t hate Adams as the pick only thing that bothered me about it was it was over Mahomes.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Jamal was worth it just because of the return we got, Garrett Wilson and AVT

Ask yourself if the Chiefs will trade us Pat Mahomes for Garrett Wilson and AVT even-up. 

Since the answer is no, ask what else we'd have to give up to trade for Mahomes, in addition to those two.

Would those two plus our next 10 first round picks even get it done? 

That's how big the opportunity cost lost was in drafting Adams. It makes any others - including the sky-high trade value of the #2 pick used on Zach Wilson - look comparatively insignificant.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

45 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Never was 75%.

The consensus may not have been Mahomes. But it absolutely was taking a safety that high was beyond idiotic, especially for a team that practically had no offense at the time. And yet Bowles was grinning ear to ear like it was a f___in' coup. 

Taking Lam Jones over Anthony Munoz or O'Brien over Marino, also up there. Both on par with taking Zack Wilson over Parsons or Sewell.