Jets vs Commanders - The Game Thread

Maxman

4 minutes ago, extmenace said:

And Zach will be gone next year, we officially have a clear as day need at back up qb. You don’t think they’ll be one of the most aggressive teams in the offseason when it comes to pursuing the qb2? 

I say Zach is back. (Don’t hate me, i don’t want him… but you know it’s the Jets)

• Upvote 2

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

That's not how you do it. You sit key guys for expressing the slightest thing wrong and/or say you want to see what you have in young guys and play guys off the street.

With contracts based on stats and production, again, hard to say take a seat to an athlete looking to have good numbers. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

We will, i agree.  But nobody is coming here b/c 1) they won’t compete for the starting job, and 2) the following season they’re cleaning house and drafting another qb anyway.  This team is a graveyard for qbs.

Mike white got a nice contract with tua in front of him. Brisett had Watson in front of him. Minshew had a first round pick in front of him. Back up qbs aren’t nearly as picky. landing starters for this team in free agency will be tough, back ups just want to collect a check and have a secure spot on the team.