Thank you Rich Cimini

3 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I know a lot of Jets fans do not care for Cimini but I have always liked him. Not that I always agree with his opinions and assessments but I like that he is not an apologist for the team he covers. He also had to know when he asked that question it was not going to be well received by Saleh.

I like his "a look at whats going on with jets" stories he does actually.  I use to not like him with Daily news but he has been getting better it seems.   He was the one who said to keep Darnold and trade down when every other media was saying draft a new QB.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He’s been checked out for a solid five or six years, but he’s the only person on the beat who can reasonably be called a journalist.

Sure but he's the best of the bunch and can you blame him?  Imagine reporting on this team during the Gase to Saleh years.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Sure but he's the best of the bunch and can you blame him?  Imagine reporting on this team during the Gase to Saleh years.

Yeah, it’s pretty brutal. Plus I think he figured he would have been called up to the bigs by now, doing national stuff for ESPN. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ron Rico said:

Does your gaslighting have no bottom? Please stop. It's not amusing or entertaining like maybe, once upon a time, perhaps, it was.

"gaslighting" seems to be the buzzword for 2023 along with "narcissist".

everyone is being gaslight by a narcissist... 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not so sure questions like Cimini’s are any help.  It was sort of the “When did you stop beating your wife” line of inquiry.  What’s he supposed to say?  If he goes apesh*t, he’s lost control of himself.  If he maintains his composure, he doesn’t care enough.  I don’t have much respect for a lot of the sports press.  They claim they’re journalists but they give us very little insight into the game itself or the strategies behind it and instead either concentrate on personalities, speculate about internal conflicts, feelings and gotcha stuff.  For all of Saleh’s faults, one of them isn’t throwing his players under the bus.  Any fool could see the defense was guilty of poor execution in the first half.  The players said it themselves but Saleh wouldn’t.  Cimini could have asked a better, more useful question such as why didn’t you double up on the TE or have Gardner match up with him.  Instead he chose to be a wiseass.  He gets no point from me for that.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I feel slimy saying this (because I can't stand Connor Hughes) but I liked the question from Connor Hughes last week where he asked Saleh why he deserves to come back.  Saleh tried to slither out of it by saying something about there were a lot of points.  CH followed up with something like "we have time".  LMFAO!

I hope this type of questioning continues.  I wish there were more games, just so Saleh would have to face the media even more.

this was thee question and Saleh gave an interesting, honest answer. He was like "fair question." And then he said " I don't know." He may have slithered out later but idk, this question (and the answer it triggered) as opposed to Cimini's dumbass question and the sarcastic response that triggered...

Others may not agree with me (it’s ok in life to disagree) but that question from Cimini was pointless.  I want to know what went wrong, why did the team appear to be unprepared, why did Becton look like a turnstile, etc.   If Saleh had a fit of rage during the press conference they’d probably say he is unprofessional.  By no means am I standing up for Saleh but I’ve learned in life that everyone has a different way of displaying anger.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Barton said:

Not that it matters but I dont think Cimin is a Jets fan. Dont get that impression at all. 

I often get the impression that only a couple of users on this site are actually Jets fans, even though almost everybody is. That's the result of watching this team put out garbage the last decade or so.

• Haha 2