Woody, JD, Saleh, Jets: For once, PLEASE do the right thing…

Wrong again 
Doug Peterson the SB winning HC who is a super underrated play caller who has that stooge looking competent.
Trevor hasn’t done ish in this league and he gets the gory for the jags success?
What about the generational first year failure? That’s not on Trevor it’s all Urban Meyer?????? 

Winning the weakest division in football - barely - is apparently a big deal.

They'll look great in the playoffs against Cleveland.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

Happy New Year All!
In the .00000001% chance that someone from the Jets monitors our beloved forum, I have this new year’s message for the organization:
PLEASE LOSE NEXT WEEK
Just once, do the right thing when it’s in your control. You can guarantee yourself a franchise LT in the draft AND knock New England from a position to draft a franchise QB. Go to the players and let them know you want to use the last game to evaluate the bench. They’ll understand. You’ll also protect guys like breece and Garrett from getting hurt in an utterly meaningless game at the end of the season.
Please Jets, do the right thing.
Sincerely, all of Jet Nation (and yes, I’m gonna go ahead and speak for all of us)
1. It's too late for this post.
2. Lol since when do we have to pray to lose to the Patriots?

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

Angry Mark Cuban GIF

#2 or #3 pick would have been t*ts. oh well at least we barely beat one of the worst teams in the league with a 56 yd field goal after blowing a big lead. that win was a real turning point and is so much better than having the #2 or #3 pick, 

10 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Losing for better picks has worked for the past 53 years, so it follows that it will work this year too. Right?

Whether we pick 9th, 12th, 17th, 31st, or not at all in the first round, there is talent to be found. As much as people might not want to believe it, JD can make the right pick and much as he can whiff. The same as most GMs in the league. Michael Carter II was drafted in the fifth round. 

There are still sane posters on this board

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

Omg! Like it really matters! Whoever and wherever they pick is irrelevant, can’t see how any Jet fan honestly thinks there is hope of success of any kind for this pos franchise at this point! I’ll save your the suspense now- they suck, no matter what season or year you’re thinking about.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Losing for better picks has worked for the past 53 years, so it follows that it will work this year too. Right?

Whether we pick 9th, 12th, 17th, 31st, or not at all in the first round, there is talent to be found. As much as people might not want to believe it, JD can make the right pick and much as he can whiff. The same as most GMs in the league. Michael Carter II was drafted in the fifth round. 

Yea, sure, ok, uh huh, right. That's why there is a draft in the first place. That thing goes both ways though. Would you have rather had Trevor over Zach?  If you're getting a high pick, you have a better chance to get a better player at a position of need. Or what's the sense of having the draft? Just have every team pick a card out of a hat then.  But then again, I get your point. The Ravens have a winning record every year. They make their picks count.  Look at the 70's Rams. They never drafted rookies. Would always trade them. Still, the draft serves its purpose in many ways. It allows a team, with good management. to get better quicker.  Look at the Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson. He turned that team around in just a few years with quality draft picks and a monster trade of Herschel - for picks. I'll take the high pick.  Joe Greene, Payton, Eli, Elway etc etc etc.  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, PepPep said:

Give me a scenario where we select 12th (assuming we beat the Pats) and we take Fashanu or Alt...

Jets need to lose this game and hope they get some help. If it stays the way it is now, both Fashanu and Alt will probably go in the top 5. It will be MHJ, the top 2 QBs and the top 2 OTs.  

No way both Fashanu and Alt go to 5.  I think we end up 8th

I know it doesn't mean much, but when they keep trotting out the statistic next year of how the Pats have owned the Jets for however long it is, how we haven't beaten them for 16 or so games - you can't complain about that if you are rooting for a loss this weekend. And it will keep coming up until we do beat them.

Personally, I want us to win, worry about the draft later. I want the players who are here now and will be lining up against the Pats next year to know they can beat them, to know they DID beat them, and that all the talk of them "having our number" is a thing of the past. That is how a "meaningless win" can carry over to next season. Belief is a large part of the battle - and this team needs as much belief as they can get right now.

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

I know it doesn't mean much, but when they keep trotting out the statistic next year of how the Pats have owned the Jets for however long it is, how we haven't beaten them for 16 or so games - you can't complain about that if you are rooting for a loss this weekend. And it will keep coming up until we do beat them.

Personally, I want us to win, worry about the draft later. I want the players who are here now and will be lining up against the Pats next year to know they can beat them, to know they DID beat them, and that all the talk of them "having our number" is a thing of the past. That is how a "meaningless win" can carry over to next season. Belief is a large part of the battle - and this team needs as much belief as they can get right now.

Best way to get back at the pats is to lose this game and screw them out of a franchise qb possibly

20 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

There are plenty of overt examples of teams doing exactly that. The Colts, Jaguars, and on and on. Its a thing, regardless of what the NFL PR and talking heads say. Teams have done it to us, sitting starters and fielding the JV team and Jets fans celebrate the wins like it means something. 

i wonder if they should have a lottery for the 3 worst teams.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i wonder if they should have a lottery for the 3 worst teams.

I think there should be a lottery for all the teams that don't make the post season. Put all 18 teams into a bingo wheel with the 32nd place team getting 32 ping pong balls, 31st place team with 31 balls... all the way down to 18th place team getting 18 ping pong balls.  

Spin the wheel and determine 1-18 that way.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

No way both Fashanu and Alt go to 5.  I think we end up 8th

Ok so maybe if not both end up going in the top 5, I could definitely see both being gone by pick 8.

Bears- Caleb

WASH- Maye

NE- Daniels

ARI- MHJ

NYG- Fashanu

Chargers and Tenn could both very well be looking to take an OT. Alt could go to either team. They both have a need there. Especially Tenn. Let's say for argument's sake the chargers take the top D-lineman on the board. Tenn will definitely take Alt. 

Any way you slice it, if the Jets sit at 8, they are probably f**ed if they are trying to get Alt or Fashanu. They will need to have a couple of teams reach for a defensive player like a CB or DE early. Or maybe a team reaches for Nabers or Bowers. Or does something crazy like takes Latham ahead of Alt because of his upside (assuming he blows up the combine or something). 

9 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Ok so maybe if not both end up going in the top 5, I could definitely see both being gone by pick 8.

Bears- Caleb

WASH- Maye

NE- Daniels

ARI- MHJ

NYG- Fashanu

Chargers and Tenn could both very well be looking to take an OT. Alt could go to either team. They both have a need there. Especially Tenn. Let's say for argument's sake the chargers take the top D-lineman on the board. Tenn will definitely take Alt. 

Any way you slice it, if the Jets sit at 8, they are probably f**ed if they are trying to get Alt or Fashanu. They will need to have a couple of teams reach for a defensive player like a CB or DE early. Or maybe a team reaches for Nabers or Bowers. Or does something crazy like takes Latham ahead of Alt because of his upside (assuming he blows up the combine or something). 

I think the giants go wr, but then tenn and the chargers go LT.  Jets at 8 are as usual one pick wrong

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I think the giants go wr, but then tenn and the chargers go LT.  Jets at 8 are as usual one pick wrong

Of course a number of things can happen, like I said. Giants can go Nabers, Chargers can go D-line (Latu, Turner, etc.)- leaving us one of Alt or Fashanu after Tenn takes the top OT. 

But odds are, yes, the Jets are just out of reach of both Alt and Fashanu. The notion that we can just assume we will get one of them at 8 is ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with that. It is what it is. I'd be happy with Nabers or Latham, would even be fun to see Bowers in Green and White. But what we truly need is a LT. And once Alt and Fashanu are off the board, no true LT is worth taking that high. 

1 hour ago, PepPep said:

Of course a number of things can happen, like I said. Giants can go Nabers, Chargers can go D-line (Latu, Turner, etc.)- leaving us one of Alt or Fashanu after Tenn takes the top OT. 

But odds are, yes, the Jets are just out of reach of both Alt and Fashanu. The notion that we can just assume we will get one of them at 8 is ridiculous.

Nothing wrong with that. It is what it is. I'd be happy with Nabers or Latham, would even be fun to see Bowers in Green and White. But what we truly need is a LT. And once Alt and Fashanu are off the board, no true LT is worth taking that high. 

Alt and fashanu would be excellent. Latham, fuaga, or Mims would be very good. Don't let good be the enemy of great. I'd gladly take any considering the state of our oline.

I'm a believer in pedigree when it comes to pro sports.

So I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Alt turns out to be a perennial pro bowler who gets drafted 1 slot before wherever the Jets end up picking.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/joe-alt-draft-scouting-2024/

Football is an issue of legacy for the Alt family. John Alt was a first-round pick in the 1984 NFL Draft and embarked on a 13-year NFL career with the Kansas City Chiefs. He was a two-time Pro Bowler, a second-team All-Pro several times, and an inductee into the Chiefs’ Hall of Fame.

Now, four decades after he was drafted, John’s son — Joe Alt — is on a similar path.

Not sure when this becomes official or whatever, but the Jets are actually projected to receive 3 compensatory picks, one 6th and two 7ths

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft-compensatory-pick-projections-for-every-team

Projected compensatory picks: One in Round 6; two in Round 7.

Key free-agent losses: Dan Feeney (Dolphins), Nate Herbig (Steelers), Sheldon Rankins (Texans), Nathan Shepherd (Saints), Mike White (Dolphins).

Key free-agent additions: Mecole Hardman, Allen Lazard.

Comp-pick analysis: The losses of Rankins and Shepherd should be canceled out in the formula by the additions of Lazard and Hardman. The Jets still had three other departures that should result in a sixth-rounder (Herbig) and two seventh-rounders (Feeney and White). There is a chance that Feeney ultimately does not play enough in 2023 to earn the Jets a comp pick.

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You mean like Sam Darnold at pick 3 instead of Lamar Jackson at pick 32? Becton was drafted higher than Wirfs. Ken O'Brien was drafted higher than Dan Marino. 

Good thing we do not have garret wilson because we wona  few more meaningless games, or jermaine johnson or breece.

If this is the take the jets should always trade their 1st rounder always for ab unch of 3rd and 4th roudners.

• Haha 1

It only matters where you pick because it increases the chances of the player you love being there when you pick...

For the Jets, this is irrelevant...

The guy they love is ALWAYS the wrong guy...

So if they pick #2 or # 12, there will be a player of great value available, but the Jets will ALWAYS love the wrong one...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 1/1/2024 at 1:51 PM, Ron Rico said:

Win or lose, Taliese Fuaga, OT, Oregon State, should still be on the board when Dogass gets to pick.

Yes.  I was thinking Joe Alt or bust, but I had a look at Fuaga's highlights.  He will be a good pick if Alt and Fashanu are both gone. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You mean like Sam Darnold at pick 3 instead of Lamar Jackson at pick 32? Becton was drafted higher than Wirfs. Ken O'Brien was drafted higher than Dan Marino. 

So I 'm guessing you passed math but failed science in high school.

14 hours ago, PepPep said:

Trade the pick.  Bears will trade out of #1 to whoever pays the price. Regardless, top 7 picks will be Caleb, Maye, Daniels, MHJ, Nabers, Alt, Fashanau. We will be left at the alter holding our you know what.  Trade the pick, get a 2nd rounder and take T Morgan out of Arizona.  With the 2nd rounder,  grab the best player that fills a need - DT Sweat from Texas monster man 345 lbs.  We need a big papi in the middle. Teams were running at will against us after Woods went down.