Vrabel Fired

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

unless the Titans are hiring Harbaugh I don't see how this makes a lick of sense. 

There was a tweet from one of their beat writers a month or so ago claiming there was a lot of dissension in the building with Vrabel hating Ran Carthon and thinking he was unqualified to be an NFL GM

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There was a tweet from one of their beat writers a month or so ago claiming there was a lot of dissension in the building with Vrabel hating Ran Carthon and thinking he was unqualified to be an NFL GM

He'd love it here

Get Ready Pain GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

yep - folks have been predicting this breakup all season 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, Vrabel to the Pats, Belichick to Washington, Harbaugh to San Diego are the prevailing rumors

Let’s hope Kraft has a change of heart and decides to keep a soon-to-be 72 year old Bill Belichick. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

In NFL history, no head coach has begun their career with three losing seasons and then gone on to win in the fourth season—except for Bill Belichick. It's an unprecedented feat, and Robert Saleh isn't Bill Belichick.

Woody Johnson is attempting something that has never been accomplished before, except by the greatest head coach in football history.

We are doomed.

So you're saying there's a chance.

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The word is he wants the Pats job 

Damn. He’s going to turn them around. With BB no longer as the GM, they’ll likely start making better roster decisions. And Vrabel is a high quality coach. The drop off in the coaching department wont be big.

37 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Thanks to the incompetent ownership in Tennessee, NE just got their new HC.

Hopefully.

Vrabel was undone by the GM.  Never replaced AJ Brown.  D-Hop was nice, but by then Tanny was JAG and Henry was starting to show his wear and tear.

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds about right.  They fired the wrong guy.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

How many HCs get traded?  How many coming off back to back losing seasons?  

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Is this a serious comment 

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

Herm Edwards was traded to KC after going 4-12.

Also Bruce Arians was traded from AZ to the Bucs for a 6th round pick in '19 after three straight seasons with 8 wins or less (22-27-1 in that span).   Bucs also got a 7th rounder in the deal.

54 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

they should have fired Carthon.

Why? He wasn't the guy who traded AJ Brown. Carthon's draft is looking good so far and he traded Byard(a guy who they were gonna cut anyway this offseason). The only real miss of his was his signing of Dillard who is unplayable.

Firing a GM 11 months after being on the job is Tepper-like.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Did McKinsey write this:

Earlier today, I spoke with Mike Vrabel and told him about my decision to make a change at head coach. As I told Coach Vrabel, this decision was as difficult as any I’ve made as Controlling Owner. I appreciate Mike’s contributions to the Tennessee Titans both on and off the field. Anyone who has ever met him knows how passionate and genuine he is, and he’s been a strong supporter of the Nashville community. We wish Mike, Jen, and the Vrabel family nothing but the best in the future.

As the NFL continues to innovate and evolve, I believe the teams best positioned for sustained success will be those who empower an aligned and collaborative team across all football functions. Last year, we began a shift in our approach to football leadership and made several changes to our personnel to advance that plan. As I continued to assess the state of our team, I arrived at the conclusion that the team would also benefit from the fresh approach and perspective of a new coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s easier to throw away a debit card and get a new one than it is to cancel stuff, but yeah. If true not a great look.

btw, I know from experience with it at work that Chase offers an option where we can pay them additional money to auto-update to your new card so it may not be as easy as you think. I assume all the banks have it too.

• Upvote 1

TEN is betting big on Levis as the future of the team. Vrabel couldn't rehab Mariota. Then he took Tannehill from the top of his career to absolute mush. Nothing happened with Willis. The last two seasons weren't good. TEN isn't wrong to want to shop for a new head coach who can develop Levis and take the team in a different direction,

I'm not saying Vrabel is a bad coach. The internal problems aside, he just doesn't look like the right fit for that team going forward.

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Let’s hope Kraft has a change of heart and decides to keep a soon-to-be 72 year old Bill Belichick. 

A few years ago I wouldn't have imagined hoping for BB to stay with the Patriots

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Vrabel - 4 winning seasons. Fired.

Saleh - 0 winning seasons. Run it back.

An absolutely valid point and criticism.

Retaining the current regime is stupidity personified, no matter how 2024 w/ Rodgers turns out.

Better coaches and a better GM w/ Rodgers is better than JD/Saleh with Rodgers.

Still feels like the Rodgers deal is going down in history as another spectacularly bad Jets decision.  Prove me wrong Jets.

• Upvote 2