1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

Gonna be an awesome year ahead for cycling, just discussing a trip with herself to the TdF for a few days in the summer, Evenepoel just announced he’ll be there, Vingegaard, Pogacar, Roglic, Ayuso….it might be the most exciting line up ever, and that’s just the GC! Van Aert, MVDP and Cav going for 35……great year ahead 

Spring classics ought to be fun too 

It should be fun.  Roglic with Bora adds a new dimension to storylines this year.  Didn't realize Cav decided to come back and give it another go.  Makes the sprint stages that much more interesting -- he is an easy guy to root for.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

It’s not really a big deal. At some point saying enough is enough is allowed though. It’s a bullsh*t petty move by the league. 

i dunno man, there are people paying for season tickets to go watch a car crash every week including the preseason....5 bucks for a bunch of games is fine with me.....but i understand the pushback. BTW peacock is decent and has decent content.

18 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i am just curious why there isn't such pushback for games on amazon prime which costs me like 200 bucks a year or whatever it is now.

Probably because everyone has it already but it really pisses me off as well.  Mostly for the finished experience as I can’t channel surf. 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Alway woody with you lol

13 years with no playoffs and you haven’t figured out Woody is the common denominator to our woes?  

I feel sorry for you.  You’re still living in a fantasy land where we’re just 1-2 firings away from success.  Woody’s gonna figure this all out some day!!!!

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

13 years with no playoffs and you haven’t figured out Woody is the common denominator to our woes?  

I feel sorry for you.  You’re still living in a fantasy land where we’re just 1-2 firings away from success.  Woody’s gonna figure this all out some day!!!!

The last 13 years have just been a little bad luck here and there. Can happen to anyone.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JetPotato said:

PeaCock has TITANIUM

I love that commercial where they turn the phone back and forth to show you the titanium , and it looks exactly the same and nothing special and no benefit to having titanium is ever revealed 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Xtina said:

I love that commercial where they turn the phone back and forth to show you the titanium , and it looks exactly the same and nothing special and no benefit to having titanium is ever revealed 

Yep. That's the point. The benefits don't need to be explained to their customers, or even exist. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He was blaming a game on peacock on woody. 

I can’t wait to here him complain when a fifth generation trust fund kid takes over the team at 29 when woody dies 

9 minutes ago, Xtina said:

I can throw my phone at the tv after our fifth 3 and out and the phone doesn’t break due to the titanium. 

• Haha 1

I'm watching Peacock now. Love the crime shows, 48 hours, and more.

I cut the chord when cable hit $282/m. Too rich for my blood. Kept Internet $89/m for all the laptops, games etc. And now use internet to tell my TV what to play.

I signed up for Peacock $4.99 a month. Seemed fair. Gotta have something to watch. Plus I get to see those sunday night streaming games plus this new playoff game.

So listen, lookup Peacock, sign up for $4.99 a month. That's it. Lots of good tv and some good football!

Just DOIT

7 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

I cut the chord when cable hit $282/m. Too rich for my blood. Kept Internet $89/m for all the laptops, games etc. And now use internet to tell my TV what to play.

I signed up for Peacock $4.99 a month. Seemed fair. Gotta have something to watch. Plus I get to see those sunday night streaming games plus this new playoff game.

So listen, lookup Peacock, sign up for $4.99 a month. That's it. Lots of good tv and some good football!

Just DOIT

It’s $5.99!!!! 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

My grandfather once said how one day, the Super Bowl will be pay per view.  IMHO, the streaming, Peacock, etc, is getting the paying viewer lubed, errm primed, to accept paying for the games.  I'm sure that the same will happen with games  for the College Football Playoff, too. 

We already pay for the games. The networks aren’t paying nfl billions for nothing. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

He was blaming a game on peacock on woody. 

I can’t wait to here him complain when a fifth generation trust fund kid takes over the team at 29 when woody dies 

I was using Woody as an example since this is a Jets site. Would it kill the owners to have a little awareness maybe once? Matt39 says this is a staunch capitalist. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lith said:

It should be fun.  Roglic with Bora adds a new dimension to storylines this year.  Didn't realize Cav decided to come back and give it another go.  Makes the sprint stages that much more interesting -- he is an easy guy to root for.

Absolutely, there’s an excellent Cavendish documentary about(think it might be Netflix) He’s a complex guy, can be spiky but I actually love that he’s who he is, absolutely no BS with the guy and an insane talent, been through some tough times too, easy to root for like you say. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, FootballLove said:

Just DOIT

SAME. I make ok coin so I never noticed since they drafted my account each month. It was $99 a month then a few years later I see they are charging me $230. They took advantage of their monoploly and are paying for it now.  No HBO etc... basic cable, basic TV package with ESPN etc.  I cut it all off, went to ATT fiber thinking I would buy a TV package like youtube or Hulu. Never did, and it's been 3 years. I do NOT miss it.  I have Netflix, Amazon and I get ABC, CBS, NBC and a few others. I simply don't watch TV much anymore.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

SAME. I make ok coin so I never noticed since they drafted my account each month. It was $99 a month then a few years later I see they are charging me $230. They took advantage of their monoploly and are paying for it now.  No HBO etc... basic cable, basic TV package with ESPN etc.  I cut it all off, went to ATT fiber thinking I would buy a TV package like youtube or Hulu. Never did, and it's been 3 years. I do NOT miss it.  I have Netflix, Amazon and I get ABC, CBS, NBC and a few others. I simply don't watch TV much anymore.  

Good post...same story here. Like you, I'm busy this time of year so don't get to watch much boob-tube. But Peacock, Amazon/prime are enough. Wife signed up for netflix. Son has YouTube and shares his account with me, although I haven't watched it much.

Good luck with tax season!

18 hours ago, JohnnyLV said:

Whatever. NFL Football has had cable only games for decades but most people dont have cable and stream. It is what it is. If you don't want to pay just go to a bar it will 100% be on there.

Within the next decade the SB will likely be PPV. I will grab a pitchfork with all of you for that one

Not sure about that. I was a couple of places this past yr on Thursday nights and they did NOT have the Prime games.