Aaron Rodgers Sucks

1 minute ago, Greg555 said:

Man..what an awful, misguided take on AR..in the video posted above.

the only reason he’s viewed so positively in the building and with his teammates is because he’s a ‘con-artist?”  

Rodgers certainly has detractors based on his ‘off the field’ takes/statements, etc…(I’m not a fan of his views) ..but there must be a history with this guy to explain this spewing of so much hate toward one of the greatest QB’s of all time.

The Packers organization is actually well respected around the league and by the National media.  Rodgers went on national TV and lied his ass off about them.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

You don't truly believe that right? This was satirical correct? 

I 100% belive that.  Half the time I wonder if the guys who claim he suddenly sucks are kidding. 

I expect the team to look dramatically better on offense next year.  If people want to pretend 40 is 80 they're free to. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

I 100% belive that.  Half the time I wonder if the guys who claim he suddenly sucks are kidding. 

I expect the team to look dramatically better on offense next year.  If people want to pretend 40 is 80 they're free to. 

Fair enough. I still disagree with you 100%. Having said that, I hope that I am wrong and you are right, but I just don't see it.

• Upvote 1

The debate re the Jets attachment to Rodgers..and how it is influencing personnel decisions..in a negative way is legit.  Those viewing it as a massive mistake look to be on the winning side of the debate currently. 

its just the extreme view by the guy above..of AR being an absolute ‘con artist’ that I dismiss.

If he is..he’s the best one ever..being awarded ‘most inspirational’ thus apparently completely snowing his teammates.
Teammates, most people in general, can sniff out a fraud..a con artist. Hateful take.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

Fair enough. I still disagree with you 100%. Having said that, I hope that I am wrong and you are right, but I just don't see it.

Fair debate..as opposed to the silly, hateful ‘con artist’ take. I’m hopeful, combined with a substantial amount of doubt, that ‘24 can be a successful season with Rodgers. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Speaking as a Nets fan who lived through Kyrie’s meltdown, we should really brace ourselves for an idle, persecuted Rodgers to start delving into the darker, more hardcore sh*t to get attention. 

No idea what the hell you mean, but I'm already looking forward to it!

• Haha 1

All I care about; show up on Opening Day next year and be a productive NFL QB, something this team hasn't had in...FOREVER. And really we're stuck; Rodgers is the de facto GM and the OC. There's a chance it does go sideways again. 

The rest is nonsense and BS. If you watch ESPN or listen to sports radio nonsense, that's on you. My only takeaway is Rodgers got $1 million from Pat Macafee for nothing really. Shoot the sheet with his pals? Nice work if you can get it,, no heavy lifting. But if anyone listens to it or cares, again, on you. The one thing age does is focus you on that which matters and lots of things don't matter. This whole thing doesn't matter. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

WOW, ANOTHER Z̶A̶C̶H̶ AARON THREAD?  REALLY?

It’s so sad how much Z̶a̶c̶h̶ Aaron hate there is here.  Every thread turns into a Z̶a̶c̶h̶ Aaron bashing thread.  You people want Z̶a̶c̶h̶ Aaron to fail.  Any real Jets fan would root for Z̶a̶c̶h̶ Aaron to succeed.

Sad times.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, Bugg said:

All I care about; show up on Opening Day next year and be a productive NFL QB, something this team hasn't had in...FOREVER. And really we're stuck; Rodgers is the de facto GM and the OC. There's a chance it does go sideways again. 

The rest is nonsense and BS. If you watch ESPN or listen to sports radio nonsense, that's on you. My only takeaway is Rodgers got $1 million from Pat Macafee for nothing really. Shoot the sheet with his pals? Nice work if you can get it,, no heavy lifting. But if anyone listens to it or cares, again, on you. The one thing age does is focus you on that which matters and lots of things don't matter. This whole thing doesn't matter. 

Pretty much this.  He's rehashing old news that most don't even talk about anymore.  When he spouts off with one of his debunked hot takes I just shake my head and chuckle.  He's not changing anyone's mind so if he wants to discuss his theories go for it.  Most of it is just an angry reaction to the perceived victimization he feels from a couple years ago.  He's mostly harmless. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

He will be 40.7 years old on opening day coming off Achilles surgery. 

I think my tolerance for bullsh*t would be much higher were this not the case.

So fresh/younger BS is more palatable to you than older/stale BS. 

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

From a pure football point of view he's done and everyone knows it but us 

What he used to do 4, 7 or 10 years ago isn't relevant 

He's old gunshy and done

And when it's all tallied up he will go down as the worst trade in franchise history 

Pretty much nobody other than you “knows” he’s done. 

What he used to be 4, 7, 10 years ago is kind of relevant given he was the NFL MVP 2 & 3 years ago. 

Nothing about his game says he’s gun shy and done

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

The reason why I do not like Rodgers is:

He is the reason that we aren't getting rid of Saleh and Douglas.  We are stuck with Hackett and we signed Lazard to crazy money.  We had Boyle, Turner, Cobb, Amos and Cook because of him.  He extolled his love of Zach not being straight about how much the kid sucked.  We gave up our 2nd rounder this year for him and we lost out on a OL pick last year.  

The off the field crap doesn't hold a candle to how bad he is sh!++!ng on our future.  So , he is to us what Jamal was to Seattle.

This is completely understandable and I feel the same way. I’ve never hated a coach and GM more. It’s still they and ownership’s fault that this happened though, smart on their part. I just hate everything about this situation. I like AR but I think the 2022 season exposed JD and Saleh big time.

After being praised for an incredible draft, the QB situation issue and total collapse at the end of 2022 showed that they both weren’t capable at their jobs. It’s like the team is on life support and AR is the machine keeping it alive but ultimately the plug has to be pulled. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much nobody other than you “knows” he’s done. 

What he used to be 4, 7, 10 years ago is kind of relevant given he was the NFL MVP 2 & 3 years ago. 

Nothing about his game says he’s gun shy and done

AR at 60% of his prime would do great with a great defense. The problem is OL and weapons. I’m not too worried about him because the OL/weapons issue, that has plagued this franchise forever, will severely undermine any QB. 

• Upvote 1